=][= The 2016 Deathwatch Painting Challenge =][=

Prot

I, Halandaar, with complete the requirements of Watch Master by painting the following:

Command Choice: Watch Commander

Watch Captain Artemis

Core Choice: Kill Team

Deathwatch Veteran Squad

With WIP pictures to follow when I get home from work :smile.:

Don't forget you will also need an auxiliary choice for the Watch Master vow, as need to build and paint a BSSF. Think most are going with a Dread but you can go Corvus or Landraider also. :)

Captain

Don't forget you will also need an auxiliary choice for the Watch Master vow, as need to build and paint a BSSF. Think most are going with a Dread but you can go Corvus or Landraider also. :)

Captain

Ah. I understood the following

...plus any additional requirement from the Black Spear formation.

to mean any ONE additional requirement (so in my case, Artemis as a command choice), rather than any additional requirements to legally field a BSSF. If that's the case then il need to downgrade my vow level, as I don't have anything else to add at this point.

Is it possible to use the old metal sternguard veterans for Deathwatch?

These:

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/f/f1/SternguardVeterans.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110807062442

cheers for the info

Absolutely. They're legally fieldable as Deathwatch, as long as they're painted as such that will work.

Don't forget you will also need an auxiliary choice for the Watch Master vow, as need to build and paint a BSSF. Think most are going with a Dread but you can go Corvus or Landraider also. :smile.:

Captain

Ah. I understood the following

...plus any additional requirement from the Black Spear formation.

to mean any ONE additional requirement (so in my case, Artemis as a command choice), rather than any additional requirements to legally field a BSSF. If that's the case then il need to downgrade my vow level, as I don't have anything else to add at this point.

Hold on a bit... that's fine Halandaar. The requirements this time around are intentionally made to be a bit forgiving. As long as you are taking another unit from the Blackspear, it will count towards your total. The additional requirement in this case may not make the Detachment legal, but for the purpose of the Challenge it will count in this case.

I debated this a lot when creating the challenge. I came to the conclusion the army is just so new that many of us simply wouldn't have the collection on hand to pick everything we need.

Next time around (next year) we will have a slightly more stringent requirement for higher ranks but this is the first, and understandably we're all starting out to a large degree with new figs. :)

https://imgur.com/a/e8ksf

Weapon arms done for my painting challenge!!

How do you get pictures to post?

leth, that's pretty impressive! When you are posting there is an 'image' icon on the top control panel above your text window. If you click that "Image" icon, it will prompt you for a URL to your image. Just paste it in there, and keep typing, when you 'post' your post, it will show the image.

leth, feel free to use our WIP thread for updates like this in the future. Great work!

Please discuss and share your WIP's, and additional pictures for motivation within the thread linked here:

The Deathwatch Painting Challenge Gathering of Forces.

gallery_2760_1001_66412.jpg

We are updated to this point in the thread. Please remember to post your "before" pics if you haven't already done so.

EDIT: Please see our banners are in courtesy of Grotsmasha in the first post! If you've completed your VOW you can feel free to put the appropriate banner in your signature.

=][= Deathwatch Vows Close in 4 Days as of this post =][=

Hold on a bit... that's fine Halandaar. The requirements this time around are intentionally made to be a bit forgiving. As long as you are taking another unit from the Blackspear, it will count towards your total. The additional requirement in this case may not make the Detachment legal, but for the purpose of the Challenge it will count in this case.

I debated this a lot when creating the challenge. I came to the conclusion the army is just so new that many of us simply wouldn't have the collection on hand to pick everything we need.

Next time around (next year) we will have a slightly more stringent requirement for higher ranks but this is the first, and understandably we're all starting out to a large degree with new figs. :smile.:

Great, thanks for the clarification!

I Aphextwin vow to complete the requirements for watch master by painting

Watch captain Artemis

5x veterens

Vash is right.... so you can do this as a Captain vow, or change the vow. :) Let me know within the next couple of days. I will wait to hear back before posting your vow.

Please discuss and share your WIP's, and additional pictures for motivation within the thread linked here:

We are updated to this point in the thread. Please remember to post your "before" pics if you haven't already done so.

EDIT: Please see our banners are in courtesy of Grotsmasha in the first post! If you've completed your VOW you can feel free to put the appropriate banner in your signature.

=][= Deathwatch Vows Close in 3 Days as of this post =][=

Watch captain Artemis

5x veterens

Vash is right.... so you can do this as a Captain vow, or change the vow. :smile.: Let me know within the next couple of days. I will wait to hear back before posting your vow.

Sorry about that, i will add something else today as soon as i get a chance. I'm more than happy to add more stuff to my deathwatch :biggrin.:

So just to clarify, its 1 command, 1 core and 1 auxiliary to complete watch master?

Watch captain Artemis

5x veterens

Vash is right.... so you can do this as a Captain vow, or change the vow. :smile.: Let me know within the next couple of days. I will wait to hear back before posting your vow.

Sorry about that, i will add something else today as soon as i get a chance. I'm more than happy to add more stuff to my deathwatch :biggrin.:

So just to clarify, its 1 command, 1 core and 1 auxiliary to complete watch master?

That is correct

I TempestBlade Vow to complete the requirements of Watch Master by completely painting the following models:

HQ Chaplain

Core: Aquila Kill Team

5x stalker boltguns

Core: Aquila Kill Team

2x frag cannons

1x shotgun

Aux: dreadnought

I will post photos when I figure out how to lol. This is my first post so I don't know a lot yet.

I Rob451 vow to complete the requirements of Watch Maste by painting the following models:

Watch Commander

Watch Captain Artemis

Aquila Kill Team

1 Garran Branatar

1 Terminator with Assault Cannon

1 Black Shield with Power Sword/Storm Shield

2 Veterans with Shotguns

1 Veteran with Frag Cannon

1 Veteran with Bolter/Storm Shield

med_gallery_70367_12386_107741.jpeg

I will add these awesome vows in the next day, but I just want to quickly clarify something I am apparently not communicating properly:

+EDIT+

I see where my wording has confused this. So for the sake of clarity, and keeping things consistent, the requirement for the Watch Master are going to consist of 3 legal units from the Black Spear. So if you want to do 2 HQ's, then that will work. My original intent was for one Command, one Core, one Auxiliary but my original wording was too vague. 

We'll make this a little tougher in the future but the thought is this is a very new release and we want as many people on board and getting some stuff done ASAP. 

Sorry for the confusion. Thanks for your patience, and participation. This is actually getting a lot bigger than I anticipated. ;)

I finally have my models, and are confident that i will manage to paint this, so here goes:

I, Alyssis, will Vow to complete the requirements of Watch Master by completely painting the following models:

Watch Commander (Command)

1 Watch Captain Artemis

Kill Team (Core)

1 unit of Veterans (x5)

Ancient (Auxiliary)

1 Venerable Dreadnought

I hope it is a valid vow, that i didn't forget something to reach the watch master! 

I will add these awesome vows in the next day, but I just want to quickly clarify something I am apparently not communicating properly:

+EDIT+

I see where my wording has confused this. So for the sake of clarity, and keeping things consistent, the requirement for the Watch Master are going to consist of 3 legal units from the Black Spear. So if you want to do 2 HQ's, then that will work. My original intent was for one Command, one Core, one Auxiliary but my original wording was too vague.

We'll make this a little tougher in the future but the thought is this is a very new release and we want as many people on board and getting some stuff done ASAP.

Sorry for the confusion. Thanks for your patience, and participation. This is actually getting a lot bigger than I anticipated. ;)

Do I need to add one more unit to my Vow of Watch Master then, as I have only pledged a Kill Team & a Corvus under the previous interpretation of the wording? If so, no trouble.

OK, now that I've figured out what units I want ....

I, Robbie, will Vow to complete the requirements of Watch Master by completely painting the following models:

Command

Watch Captain

Core

Strategium including Chaplain and Furor kill team

Aquila kill team

Auxiliary

Venerable Dreadnought

A chance to make a small dent in the plastic mountain.

gallery_19061_12393_1731732.jpg

Archived