A Tale of 20 Hobbyists - Sign-up - ALL SLOTS FILLED

Lord Commander Eidolon: If you end up disregarding the 25% limitation during the course of the event, that's fine. However, speaking as the event organizer, I would prefer it if you stuck as closely as you can with your previous plan and built a fully legal army. Very nice converted Blackstar, by the way. Really like the greebling on the top, works very well to take away the obvious visual cues of the Inquisition and Deathwatch. Hope you're not getting too much of a head start on the painting tho... ;)

mactire: Looking forward to it!

SW1: Very nice! I do love me some retro models, I think my favorite oddly enough is the unconverted third Inquisitor, though everything is quite good looking. :tu:

Purple is going to be the Colour of this Comp... I plan on using a few pots on my Blood Angles Sucessors!

I also hope that tonight I shall be able to work out how many extra points I will be adding in imperial allies to my Chapter. (A few Assassins and an Inquisitor)

Don't worry: I, The Psycho and Dosjetka will be balancing this out with lots and lots of yellow. msn-wink.gif

Edit: deleted weird double quote...

Purple is going to be the Colour of this Comp... I plan on using a few pots on my Blood Angles Sucessors!

I also hope that tonight I shall be able to work out how many extra points I will be adding in imperial allies to my Chapter. (A few Assassins and an Inquisitor)

Don't worry: I, The Psycho and Dosjetka will be balancing this out with lots and lots of yellow. msn-wink.gif

Don't forget about lionofjudah and Player 404, who are also doing VII Legion (well, technically 404's doing a Shattered Legions list incorporating Blood Angels, White Scars, and Imperial Fists, but that's close enough, right? :P)

So many colours in the Death Watch rainbow, dont be afraid to let your colours shiiiiiine.

... I have no idea what I just witnessed... is this "happiness" in 40k? That's not allowed! :P

++As a reminder (mostly to myself to get off my lazy ass and write one up,) everyone who has expressed interest in participating must provide an army list to be made official. Please provide me with a list as soon as is possible.++

... I have no idea what I just witnessed... is this "happiness" in 40k? That's not allowed! tongue.png

"The only Rainbows in the Imperium have neither hugs or peace at the end of them. They have chainswords!"

Formerly my signature at one time msn-wink.gif

I'll be supplying a list once I've managed to get enough points built. This should be very soon as I'm about to do another picture dump in my hobby thread. Got a big range of possible models to use for Hereticus and Xenos =][=.

Well, it's 4:30 on friday afternoon and the wife has taken the kid to a event she's attending in the city... and will not be back till late Sunday evening. I dont have any workstuff to be done, and the house is mostly clean and no DYI is needed.. 

Sounds like its 48Hours of hobby time! Which is Good as I need to prep for this comp, the Call of Chaos (and the Iron Warriors Painting Contest plus Fate of Gilgimesh) and finish my display table for the Armies On Parade and a GT I will attending at the end of the month! 

Lord Commander Eidolon: If you end up disregarding the 25% limitation during the course of the event, that's fine. However, speaking as the event organizer, I would prefer it if you stuck as closely as you can with your previous plan and built a fully legal army. Very nice converted Blackstar, by the way. Really like the greebling on the top, works very well to take away the obvious visual cues of the Inquisition and Deathwatch. Hope you're not getting too much of a head start on the painting tho... msn-wink.gif

Well, I will certainly try!! I do want a pretty legal Army, so I will be sticking with the Angels Wrath plan. The core principle will be Assault marines and flyers! I might add jet bikes here, change that there, but you'll not doubt it's an ariel assault force!! Hopefully this community will help me keep on top of building the storm bird too.

The Pinkstar is being done - in relative haste to clear the decks so to speak, it was a complete impulse buy and an excuse not to tackle the god awful storm eagle kit.....! This little event has somewhat altered my plan of a demi-company of marines, but hey ho, best laid plans and all that!! I might paint up a test model for my destroyers and sunkillers, otherwise everything will be painted up as of October!

Are we allowed to build stuff? I've plans to heavily convert the HQ elements and the Leviathan.

Aquilanus: ... I actually think I remember that back from when I first joined. How time flies, doesn't it?

Uveron: Sounds like a lot of fun! Hope you get a lot of hobby done in the time!

Lord Commander Eidolon: Look forward to seeing your test models. And yes, you are most definitely permitted to build up your armies before the event starts. :tu:

Augustus b'Raass: As Dosjetka says, Knights (as evidenced by Rangaman's participation) are welcome to the party! Am I right in assuming this is a hint to possible future plans on your part?

My plans to see what I can do with te new DW kit while chained to my desk at work for 20 hours this weekend were scuppered by GWS opening when my shift starts. Will try and get there at lunch.

Oh hell yes, my order from FW just came in, the last ten Kakophoni along with twenty Mk IV EC shoulder pads and the Non-wrecked side replacements for my Spartan ( my most recent Spartan came in a box that looked like it had wandered between two drunken monkeys in heat, there were resin casualties. ) are in my possession.

That coupled with the go ahead to prebuild/base these new miniatures means I stand a chance of actually completing this!

Great to see everyone is getting into the swing of things! I have been staring at my Lancer while working on my SoH just dying to get him done. Question; Are we allowed to primer the models pre-start or are they required to be left bare resin/plastic for the start date?

Well I got some work done last night. Hopefuly will be attacking the display table this afternoon with texture and things..

But as far as this goes I went though all my bits box's and moves parts I can use for my blood angels into its own little box, and then I assembled some Imperial Allies.

First up we have a old style assassin. I should have a vindicare assassin somewhere but at the moment I can old find an arm...

Hidden Content

gallery_63905_11231_461728.jpg

I also put together an Inquistor and some henchmen. The Inquistor is from the old lord solar macharius model that I was given back in the day.. I didnt ever get the correct arms as it was given tome as a conversion for a D&D game I played as a Teenager but the new arms I think work to give him a fun look, just need a nozzle of sorts for the pistol to make it into a more strange "Archeotech" type item.

I also have started on his warband, got 5 of them together at the moment want to see if I can get a group of 12.

Hidden Content

gallery_63905_11231_75960.jpg

gallery_63905_11231_1623947.jpg

Ok, here goes.

Wolf Priest 110pts 

Plasma pistol 15pts  .....................125pts

Wolf Guard x 6   108pts

1 x PowerFist         25pts

2 x PowerAxe        30pts

1 x CombiPlas        10pts

1 x CombiFlamer    10pts

1 x StormShield &

PowerSword      30pts.................213pts

GreyHunters x 5       70pts

1 x PowerFist           25pts

1 x PlasmaGun        15pts

3 x CCW                    6pts

1 x WGPL

ThunderHammer

& StormShield         55pts................171pts

ThunderWolf Cavalry x 3  120pts

3 x MeltaBomb                   15pts

3 x StormShields                 45pts

1 x PowerFist                      25pts

1 x FrostAxe                        20pts

1 x PlasmaPistol                  15pts........240pts

LandRaider Crusader   250pts

MultiMelta                  10pts

HunterKiller Missle       10pts............270pts

StormWolf                        215pts

TL MultiMelta                     20pts..........235pts

RazorBack                   55pts

TL Lascannon            20pts

DozerBlade                5pts...................80pts

DropPod                      35pts

Deathwind Launcher   15pts...................50pts

LandSpeeder x 2           100pts

MultiMelta x 2                 20pts

Typhoon ML x 2              50pts...............170pts

For a total of 1554pts. Consider me signed up.

SW1: Shame about that. :( Hope you were able to get out and take some time for the DW Vets.

Obscura:  That sounds great! Pity about the original Spartan, but glad that you've got it now with a few more things. :)

Rangaman: Primer is fine. :)

Kurama: You forget the VIII, brother. The Lords of Night mastered the art of cruelty long before any of your debased kin even touched upon its mysteries (gotta defend one's roots! ;))

Uveron: Looking good, brother. Nice to see the old Macharius model, you don't see enough of him nowadays. Warband's looking good, too. Nice and varied! :)

mactire: Got it, brother! :tu: I would, however, suggest removing the wargear points values before the moderati descend as crows upon your post. Just a recommendation. :)

++UPDATED TO THIS POINT++

They'd sold out of the Vets by the time I'd got there on my lunch. I did manage to acquire the codex and a TDA squad. If I make do with my bits boxes I can kit bash the Vets now I have the rules.

Here's where I almost regret vowing, with the pile of unpainted resin staring me in the face laughing as I can't start on them till october... tongue.png

I know right! a full month of not being able to start on models I've been wanting to paint since two weeks into the ETL.... The agony!!!! O well, better start building then - but I think half of the fun of this project is sharing everything: including the building process! AAARGH! ;)

Here's where I almost regret vowing, with the pile of unpainted resin staring me in the face laughing as I can't start on them till october... tongue.png

I know right! a full month of not being able to start on models I've been wanting to paint since two weeks into the ETL.... The agony!!!! O well, better start building then - but I think half of the fun of this project is sharing everything: including the building process! AAARGH! ;)

I'm just finding more and more stuff to build and paint!!! This was a 15,000 points target wasn't it? ;) :p

Archived