A Tale of 20 Hobbyists - Sign-up - ALL SLOTS FILLED

Since the game is pushing to change the base size from 25 to 32, I'd really wish FW would start including the new 32s with their MEQ model range. 

Outside of that, I have ten bodies out of twenty for my Assault Squad set up on the board along with twenty shiny new 32 bases, have to acquire another ten for the Kakophoni, but that shouldn't be to difficult to snag.

In so far, I'm slightly ahead of schedule on getting my materials together, the rest of the month will be spent test fitting the weapon components and if all goes well, I'll have my 1545 list squared away so that the only worries I'll have on my shoulders is getting the damn things painted.

Making a start on gathering all the bases for the raptors, and building a Libby and a couple more units. Reposing Curze as well, trying to get a much more dynamic pose, and one that I could possibly work into a diorama with Corax. I'll post some pics up in the new thread when it goes up of the Raptors...as I eagerly look at the paint...

I'm in the same boat as everyone else, itching to get the painting started! Gonna build the three Rhinos tonight, and then try to get my unfinished marines I've build completed. It's only backpacks, but it's still something :)

Just to remind the Psycho...

After thinking it over, I'll be putting up a new thread on 12 September: that is to say, Monday of next week. It will serve both as the official thread for the event, and as a place for people to share WIP build photos prior to the official start next month. Until then, feel free to share any pictures of your builds and such in this thread. smile.png

Sooooo looking forward to this!! biggrin.pngsmile.png laugh.png

EDIT: sometimes I hate coding in html

Just to remind the Psycho...

After thinking it over, I'll be putting up a new thread on 12 September: that is to say, Monday of next week. It will serve both as the official thread for the event, and as a place for people to share WIP build photos prior to the official start next month. Until then, feel free to share any pictures of your builds and such in this thread. smile.png

Sooooo looking forward to this!! biggrin.pngsmile.png laugh.png

EDIT: sometimes I hate coding in html

It's literally being put together right now. I would remind you that it's the middle of the day in my time zone. So...

http://i.imgur.com/OCZ6Lsz.jpg

(but seriously, it'll be done soon. Like, in a half-hour soon. Within the hour, at the most.)

I've given up buying direct from the GWS store. Tuesday will see me going to the bricks and mortar store of element games to pick up one of their 67 boxes of DW vets!!! Should have done this in the first place as it's cheaper as well!!! :D

I'm awaiting a variety of boxes from England- I have 10 recon marines and a small Anvil order... I have my Fire raptor assembled and primed, 6 of 3 pledged bikes assembled and primed, 5 of 10 dudes assembled, the assault squad figured out on how I want them assembled, the centurion idea coming together (taking Polux, give him awesome BA sword, sang guard jump pack (minus those goofy wings) and sweet pistol of some kind), rhino assembled and primed...

I've sold and traded all kinds of stuff these last few weeks and am awaiting 2 boxes with Titan and knight sized goodies in them...

Ideas for running a small infantry support list with 2 Knights and a warhound at 3k

Ive had a very, very slight change of plan for my list. I'm going to take out the Deathwing Squad and replace it with a Deathwing Knight squad instead. No points change, but saves me having to buy a Deathwing box as I already have the Knights built, plus it'll give my list some needed close combat punch.

So, Psycho, I know we had to provide a list up-front and work towards it, but you're open to changes, correct?

I'll first start with the two tac squads, obviously, and add accompanying characters next, but once I start playing with a minimal force, or if a crisis comes up which prevents me from ever putting my hands on the FireRaptor, I could have to make adjustments. That's all fine and dandy, right, as long as the total remains above 1500pts?

Not that I intend to change my plans, I just want to make sure this is allowed...

Now all I need to finish converting that WS Vigilator is a Deathwatch WatchMaster; that glaive is perfect to represent a Bolter+Glaive Scars character! smile.png

From what I've understood, as long as you don't change army/faction and don't make massive changes/start anew, it should be alright.

Then again, I'm not Psycho and this is his thing so I'd wait for his confirmation. :)

Haven't been keeping as close an eye on this as I should. I'm headed off to bed, but the short answer to everyone looking to make changes to their list is: go ahead for now. It was never intended as much more than proof of intent, to show that you actually had an idea in mind as to how you wanted to build the army. I've actually been thinking about making some changes to that particular facet of the event (don't worry, it's not going to be anything drastic) but I'll elaborate on that a bit more tomorrow, in the main thread.

Having two threads is getting confusing. laugh.png

Any chance we could all shift to the other one and let this one sink to the murky depths of the WIP subforum? smile.png

Yes please.

Come to think of it, you're one to talk with your two threads for the IFE. tongue.png

But definitely, start using the other one rather than this.

Having two threads is getting confusing. laugh.png

Any chance we could all shift to the other one and let this one sink to the murky depths of the WIP subforum? smile.png

Yes please.

Come to think of it, you're one to talk with your two threads for the IFE. tongue.png

Leave Dosjetka alone, Psycho!!

200_s.gif

I've made a slight addition to my list, I'll edit my previous total.

Consul (Librarian, ML2, Cataphractii plate) - 150 points

Consul (Moritat, AA, Jump pack, Plas pistol) - 125 points

Legion Rapier battery (Graviton Cannon) - 75 points

Legion Vet tac squad (4x power weapon, 4x combi-weapon, AA, Plas pistol, thunder hammer) - 215 points

Total added - 565 points

I would second Dosjetka's idea, but maybe keep any list changes/point changes in here? 

Archived