Deathwatch Squad Donatus as Troops

Prot

So I've been over the Death Masque supplement a few times and this might sound a bit crazy, but has anyone thought of playing with Squad Donatus for an ObSec choice in a CAD?

If I recall, the squads, the Dread, and Artemis can all be opted in for a force org slot in a CAD or requirement in a Black Spear (please correct me if I read this wrong).

So I actually don't mind the load out of Squad Donatus:

Without breaking any rules here, the total points cost of a Veteran squad WITH this loadout would be 175 points. So

Vael Donatus: Vet w/Precision fire Bolter (not bad... why not? A no cover or poisoned round that could take out a special weapon/character? )

Dren: Double armed, Counter-attack

Ennox: Combi-melta, Feel No Pain

Rodricus: Frag Cannon

Zameon: Plasma Pistol, Power Sword, Stubborn.

So Squad Donatus is the same cost as buying this stuff separately except you get all the special rules basically free. It's not a terrible loadout. A touch on the beefy side perhaps, but you get a squad that actually makes sense for once, and 3 special rules. Ennox can perhaps even tank for the squad a bit, and you may get lucky with the Precision Bolter shots on an enemy special weapon. Counter Attack is not that bad, and again it's all free.

I haven't looked at squad Crull but it's about 205 I think.

Anyone try this yet?

You lose Mission Tactics, though.  That's enough for me to put them aside permanently.  Also, no built-in transport options means you can't get an ObjSec transport for them.  Ew.

Archived