The Emperor's Harbingers: WIP LOG

You are most welcome smile.png

I do have a name to suggest for the Scout Veteran Sergent : Marcus Prisca. Prisca as a cognonem translates to "ancient", and I kinda like the idea of a old scout sergent teaching the newbies biggrin.png

The Veteran Sergent now has a Name! Very cool, A fan of the name Marcus as well. I do like the Idear of a Old Veteran being in the leader of the group.. may have to see if I can find a crux-terminus to put on the model somewhere as a nod that he is part of the 1st company on paper.

Hidden Content

gallery_63905_11231_234574.jpg

Uverons Weekly Update 3rd week.

Review of last week.

Well last week I was visited by the blessings of nurgle, and managed to only get a few days of hobbying, and I spent most of that time on the Call of Chaos Vow. But I did work a bit on the fluff of the chapter; it will be done in a few weeks I hope. But for now it would be great if you would help me name some of my marines! (See this post for more info)

But I did find time to spend my afternoon on Saturday getting the rest of my army primed. I have primed a few parts silver to help me save some time when painting. The drop-pod for example is still only ‘Dry Fitted’ so the base of the pod has been done in silver; the doors have one side in bone, the other in silver. It took some time to get done, and glad it’s sorted.

gallery_63905_11231_1110640.jpg

After that I spent a bit of time on Sunday converting some Inquisitorial Henchmen.

First up, is a Crusader, an acolyte and a Commissar (Counts as Priest) with a shot-gun. Very happy with these guys, need a bit of a greenstuff to finish the models and fill up some gaps. And I need some more amour plates on the Crusader. Greaves and shoulder pads will do a great deal to help.

gallery_63905_11231_1085119.jpg

The next pair, is a mystic and an acolyte, happy with the mystic, the acolyte need something, a backpack or some armor will make him a bit more Grim-Dark.

gallery_63905_11231_1166395.jpg

Plans for this week!

Get the next 5 scouts painted. I have put some paint to brush already but I need to get them finished.

Uverons Weekly Update 4th week.

Review of Last Week.

A lot of last week was spent working on my Call of Chaos Vow, and writing some fluff for my chapter (Check it out here), I am still trying to name all my marines you can see that list HERE and it would be great if everyone reading this can join in and help me pick some names.

So other than that, I finished up my Scouts which means I can..

I Declare my VOW COMPLETE!

I, Uveron vow on the honor of all of the Sons of Sanguinius, to paint a Unit of 5 Space Marine Scouts for a Total of 55pts

gallery_63905_11231_392589.jpg

Hidden Content

gallery_63905_11231_136777.jpggallery_63905_11231_752192.jpg

gallery_63905_11231_144188.jpg

I am very happy with this squad, they painted quickly, I may need to revisit some highlights (The Grenades look like they may need a re-touch ) but that will happen later once I have some power-armored squads complete. I think at this point I need make sure that the painting schemes match, and look cohesive.

But despite that I am happy with them, they look a lot ‘cleaner’ than my Chaos forces, but I do think the bases allows them to tie together quite well.

Plans for this Week!

Tomorrow I will place my November Vow. Still playing around with the actual numbers, but I think we are looking at a combat squad of marines, and then another Assassin. May not be quite 250pts but given that October was a +300pt month I think I can spare a few points and not lose ground.

I still have one big tank to get finished for the Call of Chaos, but this week I have some free time as the holidays are almost here so I may be able to get a 2nd vow in again… maybe a HQ..

None Weekly Update / Maybe a Cry for Help!

So Last night I started work on my first unit of power armored marines, spent 4 hours working and got quite a bit done. I took some photos at different stages so I could A ) Record how I painted them and B ) get some advice from fellow painters to make a better model.

So please I am looking for feedback, please leave comments and PM and such.

So I started with my 5 marines that I primed with Army Painter – Skeleton Bone (which is an exact match for GW Bleached Bone).

gallery_63905_11231_346759.jpg

I then hit the recesses of the model with a Nuul Oil wash-

gallery_63905_11231_1051283.jpg

This left them looking a little grey so I retouched the armor with some more Skeleton Bone, and then some edge detailing with Pallid Wych Flesh. I then started adding some base metallic and purples. I used Naggaroth Night to cover the purple areas, and then Sycorax Bronze on the areas that will become gold soon.

gallery_63905_11231_617624.jpg

I then added Iron Breaker as a base for the silver/Steel areas, and started a second coat of the purple using Genestealer Purple, and then the a Mephiston Red base for the areas that will be red/blood, which is how I get to where I am now.

gallery_63905_11231_1110090.jpg

Hidden Content

gallery_63905_11231_105389.jpg

Now I do have a lot of more work needed to be done, including re-touching the armor in spots that I have painted in the wrong spots, but yep. Let me know what you guys think, comments and suggestions at this point will be great. This is very different from my Iron Warriors, so may be ignorant of some methods to make my models even better!

STUNNING!!!

I wonder what the angel wings in another color would look like though, but they all look sharp as is!

Thanks! I plan on making them a even brighter Gold with some additional coats. 

These look really good man. Looking forward to seeing how you paint up that baal pred.

Do you have an iron warriors thread Uveron? I'm thinking of painting up a couple of units

Yes, I hope to hit up the Ball Pred before the end of the year. And yes my Iron Warriors thread is http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/311813-uverons-black-crusade-wip-log/

Uverons Continuing Updates!

So last night I retouched again the bone armor, but I think I have decided I need some Screaming Skull paint to add an extra tone to the armor.

gallery_63905_11231_1646015.jpg

I then added some browns to the Power armored models and started to pick out the Gold, I added a flesh shade wash to the bronze and then dry brushed with shining gold.

gallery_63905_11231_362245.jpg

Hidden Content

gallery_63905_11231_1275669.jpg

gallery_63905_11231_323595.jpg

Tonight I plan to hit up my local GW shop and grab some extra paints.

Thinking –

Golden Griffon Dry for extra tone on the Gold’s

Dechala Lilac for extra edge highlighting on the purples

And then Screaming Skull for extra tone on the Base Armor.

Let me know if people have better thoughts and other ideas!

Uverons Weekly Update 5th Week.

Review of last week.

Last week flew and I made a few other updates on the way showing my progress... by I don’t have much to say about the work I did this weekend. I touched up the Gold on the models and add edge highlights to the purple and cleaned everything up.

As such these are my competed tactical marines.

gallery_63905_11231_244469.jpg

gallery_63905_11231_568754.jpg

gallery_63905_11231_132075.jpg

Plans for this week.

This is going to be a crazy week, Elections and Earthquakes have already eaten much of my plans for the weeks, and I may have a sick family to deal with as well. Which is what being a grown up is all about.. As such I don’t think I will get a huge amount done.

But that being said I do want to get the Assassin Finished before next Monday which isn’t much of an ask… I also have then a Lord of War to paint for my call of Chaos Vow.

Uverons Weekly Update 6th Week.

Review of last week.

That was the week that was; Between the US Elections and an Uptick in Seismic Activity in Oklahoma, painting fell to the wayside slightly. But I saw that coming so it’s not a huge deal to this months plan. I do have a week off coming up and should be able to finish my 1st vow of the month, my Call of Chaos Vow and may be even start 2nd Vow for the month.

Anyway this is the one and only WIP picture I have this month, did some basic color blocking and basing on my Assassin. Should get it done with a few more hours work to add in some tones and depth to the colors.

gallery_63905_11231_114977.jpg

Plans for this week.

I need to get this Assassin finished so I can finish my Call of Chaos Vow. But given the fact I will spend another week stuck in the office, I expect I shall also try and do some more editing on my fluff for the chapter (Check it out what I have so far here), and while I think of it I am still trying to name all my marines you can see that list HERE and it would be great if everyone reading this can join in and help me pick some names.. Pick a 2nd if you want. Would love to get the scout squads and named, and the combat squad with the Melta-gun.

• 2 weeks later...

Uverons Weekly Update 8th Week. (And a revisit of week 7)

Review of Last TWO weeks.

So, as I gave a very quick summary last week I thought I would give a better description of the last fortnights work.

Week 7.

I spent this week finishing the Assassin, in Week 6 I got the base color ‘Blocking’ done but I wanted to add more details. (I have shared photos of this before but I will re-include them bellow a cut). I first spent some time trying to get the Suit to look correct and adding details to the gun and the phase sword. I felt quite happy about the glowing effect I was able to get finished but the suit wasn’t quite right.

Hidden Content

gallery_63905_11231_155714.jpggallery_63905_11231_172023.jpg

I added some more depth on the model, adding some dark blues and grays and made the suit look a lot better (although the pictures doesn’t show it greatly). Though it doesn’t rank in my best models of 2016.

Hidden Content

gallery_63905_11231_100220.jpg

Anyway having her all wrapped up, and along with my Tactical squad I wrapped up my initial vow for the month.

Week 8.

Last week I spent most of the time in the Oklahoman woods for Thanksgiving (My wife’s family rents out a camp and 30-40 of us fill it for the weekend). I didn’t get much painting done as I spent far too much time sitting by a bonfire drinking beer.

But I did some painting, before I left I made a new vow and I made some progress (though delayed by the questions from the family about what I was doing!). I am painting the captain just like I painted the tactical marines. I started with some tones on the armor, and then moved to the gold gilding's and purple cloth.

gallery_63905_11231_974890.jpg

Then last night I was able to spend a bit more time working on the captain. Initial I worked on the face and hair... I wanted a paler skin than I ended up with, but I decided I needed more contrast with the armor. The same happened with my plans for blond hair, I used the paint plan described in the painting blood angels book and I ended up with something that was very close to my armor tones, so I used a bit of earthshade to give it more of a ‘dirty’ blond look. After this I started work on the gold gilding's again… got the gold tones on them now need to add some silver touches and a burnishing wash.

gallery_63905_11231_980672.jpg

Plans for this week.

I will try and get the Captain done by the end of the month. But I expect I will not finish him until the weekend. As the fine detail will need to be done under my daylight bulb lamp that is back in my home and not on my road with me.

But If I can (The Psycho?) I plan to add my Terminator Captain and the Terminator squad to the vow at the start of the month and try and make some progress to getting this lot done in the over next weekend. Looking to the future it appears that I may have a new job on the horizon which is good as it will mean more money for the hobby. But change in my day to day life will probably mean I paint a bit less than I have been doing (in the short term), so need to reflect on what exactly I want to aim to-do in December.

Nice Acolytes! What is your recipe for your white/fawn armour?

All the Bone Plaints!

1. Base with Ushabti Bone, then Black wash.. then drybrush with Ushabti Bone
  2. Wash with Reikland Fleshshade along ridges... paint over again with Ushabti Bone keeping the brown in the reseses of the edges.
  3. Think layer of Screaming Skull on the flat areas, highlight raised edges with Pallid Wych Flesh
  4. retouch with Blackwashes and Reikland Fleshshade where needed.

Uverons Weekly Update 9th Weekly update.

Review of Last Week.

Last week was a fun week. Looks like I am about to get a new job which is great for my wallet, but may have an unknown impact on my ability to get stuff painted!

As far as my progress, well as discussed a few posts ago but for clarity I failed my second November vow. But I stepped up and made a second vow…

==

I, Uveron Once again vow on the honor of The Emperors Harbingers and all of the Sons of Sanguinius, to paint a Unit 1 Blood Angles Captain, With Artificer Armor, Digital Weapons, Power Fist and Storm Bolter , I addition I also Vow to paint 1 Blood Angles Terminator Captain, with the Fury of Baal, Stormbolter and Digital Weapons. And One Terminator Assault Squad, with Thunder Hammers and Storm Shields for a total point cost of 545.

==

Over the weekend I was able to make a bit of progress. First up I painted the bases for the Terminators and Captain. As I typed this I realized I missed a base for one of the Terminators! Anyway I was able to get these finished, they looked ok but after a bit of thinking I decided to add some static grass tufts (I used a mix of GW Middenland Tufts, and Army Painter: Highland Tuft).

gallery_63905_11231_118523.jpg

I thought they looked quite cool. I took a break from painting my vow and added the Tufts to the bases of the models I have already finished. (see this bad photo below the cut).

Hidden Content

gallery_63905_11231_687838.jpg

Following this I started to production line the rest of the vow, working on one color across all the models. Though this I made some great progress, though it will probably take me next week to get this all wrapped up.

gallery_63905_11231_1001850.jpggallery_63905_11231_1148854.jpggallery_63905_11231_398348.jpggallery_63905_11231_4963.jpg

Plans for this week.

Well I want to try and get the vow finished before the end of the week with the new job on the horizon I want to get out in frount of it all. But that being said, I have changed my plan for my BA army, I had planned a small ish 2500pt list. But since the relies of Angles Blade I have been pondering about how I want to build my army. And I think the plan is to try making sure I can plan most of the formations from the supplement. So this will be my planned collection at this time…

Hidden Content

Leaders of the Anglelic Host x2

· Formation 1: 1 Terminator Captain.

· Formation 2: 1 Captain + Command Squad

Chapter Ancients

· 3 Librarian Dreadnoughts

Battle Demi-Company

· 1 Chaplain

· Tactical Squads

o 10man squad in drop pod

o 5 man squad in razorback

o 5 man squad in razorback

· Assault Squad- 5 man with Jumppacks

· 1 Dreadnought

· 1 Furioso Dreadnought

· 1 Devastator Squad- 5 man not sure on weapons

Archangles Orbital Intervention Force

· Terminator Squad (5 man)

· Terminator Assault Squad (5 man)

10th Company Ambush Force

· 10 man scout squad (Pistols and Combat Knifes)

· 6 Man Sniper Scout Squad

· Scout Bike Squad

Lucifer Armored Task Force.

· Land Raider Crusader

· 3 Baal Predators

· 1 Techmarine

Stormraven Squadron

· 2 Stormravens

Rapid Assult Force

· Land Speeders Squadron (3 speeders)

Other:

· 15 Death Company.

· 1 Fire Raptor Gunship (or Storm Eagle)

· 1 Damocles command Vehicle

This leaves me with the following shopping list. This is quite a list, and doesn’t include any inquisitors or imperial agents!

Hidden Content

· Comand Squad

· 3 Libarian Dreadnoughts (or Chapter Ancients box set)

· 1 Chaplain

· Tactical Squad

· Assault Squad

· 1 Dreadnought

· 1 Furioso Dreadnought

· 1 Devastator Squad- 5 man not sure on weapons

· Teminator Squad (5 man)

· Scout Bike Squad

· Land Raider Crusader

· 2 Baal Predators

· 1 Techmarine

· 2 Stormravens

· 3 Land Speeders

· 15 Death Company.

· 1 Fire Raptor Gunship (or Storm Eagle)

· 1 Damocles command Vehicle

· 5 drop pods

· 2 razor backs

Uverons Weekly Update 10th Weekly Update.

**Please note, photos are not great this week, had some issues with over saturation sorry**

Review of Last Week.

A crazy week, during the week itself I did some trading with someone in my gaming club for some old metal raptors for a big though his bits boxes, and a Land Raider Crusader.

Hidden Content

gallery_63905_11231_152547.jpg

gallery_63905_11231_1005582.jpg

Following this I picked up the Blood Angles upgrade kit; I was able to spend Friday night putting together some models into a few units that I wanted to add to my collection. Thanks to a warm(ish) day on Saturday I was able to get these primed.

Hidden Content

gallery_63905_11231_82863.jpgDevastators with Missile Launchers.

gallery_63905_11231_599760.jpg

Assault Marines, 2 Melta-Guns and an Inferno-Pistol.

gallery_63905_11231_1218630.jpg

1 Sanguine Priest. (I do need to do some more green-stuffing on the loin cloth as it broke when building the model)

gallery_63905_11231_662153.jpg

1 Tecmarine. A quick a simple model to use when needed as a formation tax (will be painting in standard Mars-Red paint)

gallery_63905_11231_1332493.jpg

An Apothecary and Company Champion, to form the base of a command squad. (But need 3 more guys).

gallery_63905_11231_323337.jpggallery_63905_11231_43426.jpg

And finally the Land Raider, complete with commander holding storm bolter.

I then was able to get the rest of the vow finished. I was able to finish the Terminators, and both the captains. It took some time to but quite happy with the Terminators and Captain in Terminator, the Power Armored Captain does need some more work now I have looked at some photos of him.

gallery_63905_11231_262126.jpg

gallery_63905_11231_943038.jpg

gallery_63905_11231_304113.jpg

More photos bellow the cut

Hidden Content

gallery_63905_11231_895096.jpg

gallery_63905_11231_57180.jpggallery_63905_11231_891232.jpg

gallery_63905_11231_758523.jpggallery_63905_11231_565712.jpg

gallery_63905_11231_1501204.jpg

gallery_63905_11231_198584.jpg

Plans for this week.

This week I am planning for Christmas so will not be doing much painting, and I will be starting a new job shortly so not sure what my plans are going to be! But that being said, I hope that I will finish the Power Armorer Captain (well re-touch, maybe drill out the storm bolter if I feel… up to it).

I then will look at what second vow I will make, probably the drop-pod, as it’s going to be a big job to paint so taking the next fortnight to paint it could be a good plan.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE TIME!

So Last Week I started a new job this ate a lot of my time, first (12th to the 16th), in finishing up with my last Job, and then a 7 hour Drive down to Houston Texas for training at company Headquarters! ( I packed my car with all my painting things and set up a painting table in the hotel room. )

But that being said I have been making progress with my Drop-Pod. I have managed to finish the internals of the Pod. And got one of the doors finished. I am currently trying to get the flat areas on the Pod itself finished. Its slow work, I had tried to paint it the same way as my marines. It didn’t quite work, the black Ink made the bone too dark on the open areas, so having to repaint with the base bone paint.

Below the Cut are some photos of my work-in-progress. Feel free to comment and give me additional hints!

Hidden Content

gallery_63905_11231_420707.jpggallery_63905_11231_841698.jpg

Also as I had my work bench set up in the Hotel room, one of the cleaning staff left me this note!

gallery_63905_11231_719757.jpg

A crazy week, during the week itself I did some trading with someone in my gaming club for some old

Once I got back from Houston. It was Christmas, this ate quite a bit of my time. But I did get quite a nice stack of boxes for gifts, and the yesterday I visited my local GW store and walked away with 4 dreadnoughts..

Hidden Content

gallery_63905_11231_492463.jpg

gallery_63905_11231_418697.jpg

I then spent last night putting models together.

gallery_63905_11231_272335.jpg

Plans for this week.

Well I want to get some of these models together, but I may not put them all together I do need to finish painting the drop-pod. But I should have time as I don’t have work until January, which is nice. Because of this I expect I will be taking my by-month in Jan. (don’t want to worry about painting while getting used to a new job). So the Plan is to get the pod done, and then maybe revisit some of the ‘finished’ guys maybe looking at applying transfers or something.

Archived