GreyRaven's Consecrators

Chaplain Raeven

Already bought one laugh.png

It was my intention to outfit a squad as veterans/command squad with grav-guns (since I have nothing of the sort yet), a squad as assault and maybe a regular tactical one. But I hate bare plastic, so I'll finish my B@C first before I start with my new box. One contemptor, one squad and 6 heavy weapons to go.

I'm only mentioned the knights because I took a look at all the bits included. There are some many juicy bits in there, but I couldn't care less for the bikes/bikers themselves. I might buy the box anyway and give the bikers to a interested frater.

Edit: And thanks Raztalin! I almost skipped your post! Shame on me

My greenwing apothecary I made from cutting off the narthecium of the deathwing part. I didn't really need 4 deathwing command squads anyways (the number of deathwing boxes I've bought). In my own humble opinion, it works quite well. It's been a while since I did it, so my memory could be deceiving me, but I doubt it =)

I'd suggest others to do the same, fairly simple way of fixing a blatant error on GW's part (not including the proper bits in the veterans box for actually making a greenwing command squad). Of course I would only do it as I did, if I had the parts lying around.

Wicked looking champ, nice combination of bits smile.png Im sure he is going to look epic with some paint on msn-wink.gif

I second what he said! smile.png

Regards

Sneaky

It certainly paid off, since I thought it was a genuine GW bit I never heard about.

I'll take a look at Dark Rage's plog when I have time to browse through twelve pages.

Thank you for the compliment smile.png

Wicked looking champ, nice combination of bits smile.png Im sure he is going to look epic with some paint on msn-wink.gif

Thank you, I'll post some WIP-pics up when I get back home as a teaser ph34r.png

My greenwing apothecary I made from cutting off the narthecium of the deathwing part. I didn't really need 4 deathwing command squads anyways (the number of deathwing boxes I've bought). In my own humble opinion, it works quite well. It's been a while since I did it, so my memory could be deceiving me, but I doubt it =)

I'd suggest others to do the same, fairly simple way of fixing a blatant error on GW's part (not including the proper bits in the veterans box for actually making a greenwing command squad). Of course I would only do it as I did, if I had the parts lying around.

Never thought of that! I have 2 spare kits, I'll see if I can scavenge some bits. Thanks!

I second what he said! smile.png

Regards

Sneaky

Thanks!

I made some progress, but I'm hitting a block now. I need a new head for the dude, since the one I started with has some issues. And I need to find a decent backpack, since I don't want to use the smoking one. I might use some of those Mk4-bits....

Progess so far:    (head is temporary)

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p553/GreyRavenC/DSCN29021_zpsydoqstb9.jpg

It's always kinda difficult with them neck guards, I used to have so much trouble with the old mk8 chest you got in the old tactical box, I would recommend the Mk4's or if you have one of the knight helmets on the old ravenwing sprue.

It's always kinda difficult with them neck guards, I used to have so much trouble with the old mk8 chest you got in the old tactical box, I would recommend the Mk4's or if you have one of the knight helmets on the old ravenwing sprue.

The collar is indeed very annoying, as is the cape on his right shoulder. I'm practically forced to make him look straight ahead, but that looks very derpy with his current pose. The 3 Mk4's have... issues... I should probably order some new one. I found a crusader helmet in my bitzbox, I'll give that one a try.

Lookw good. smile.png Maybe a mk3 pack which is bulkier and has rivets on it might work well?

That was my first idea laugh.png But the pack fits poorly with the rest of the mini. It's a bulky and boxy pack on a rather 'elegant' armour, if you can call anything from the Imperium elegant... I'll use a Mk4 from the Sternguard-box as a temporary pacck until I find a better one. I hope Arkley won't mind.

• 2 weeks later...

So, the champion is finally finished, although I suspect that my attempts to take a decent picture took longer than the painting. So I for now a couple of comments:

- I took the head I started with anyway. I was going to replace it with a Mk IV, since I thought that a red hood with green linings was going to look too much like Christmas. Unfortunatly, the head didn't fit at all. The neck was giving my too much issues, so I switched back to the original head. I changed the green lining with bone instead. It doesn't match with the interiour of the cape, but nobody is going to notice anyway.

- After much trial and error, I went back to the original backpack of the model. The other packs I tried didn't look 'right' to me. Ornate armour with a superplain pack looked too much out of place.

- The studded shoulder was already explained before smile.png

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p553/GreyRavenC/DSCN29291_zpsjjcqvu2q.jpg
http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p553/GreyRavenC/DSCN29301_zpsp5tktrcn.jpg
http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p553/GreyRavenC/DSCN29311_zpskbslw1fn.jpg

Man, he looks good! I really like the pose with the position of the head, it makes the model look very dynamic. The red hood makes it, I could not imagine a different head there. The converted Chaos head looks cool but it makes the model look like a chaplain.

I find it hard to take good pictures too. I had to go to my local GW to get the shots I posted today. Your pictures turned out great. You have captured a lot of detail and it is in focus. Score!

Very well done, sir. Very well done!

• 2 weeks later...

So I bought this guy on a whim:

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p553/GreyRavenC/DSCN28991_zpsjb3ehjgz.jpg

I was planning on converting him to a techmarine. I would use the following parts:

- Cronus' backpack, since it has a arm-thingy that I could use as servo arm

- The mace he comes with, making it look like a powermace but count-as that weird axe.

- A bolt-pistol / bolter as main weapon.

Am I missing something? Or would you suggest better bits for the job?

That should be a pretty cool conversion, I can't wait to see it!  I personally use one of the old metal techpriest enginseers as my Guardians of the Covenant techmarine.

I'm very excited to convert this dude. I love models in tattered cloaks (I have a couple of Ringwraiths on my desk). I came very close to ordering one of those enginseers from 'Made to Order', but choose this one instead. Let's hope it works out.

Reinforcements are inbound for the First Legion, it will be glorious!

I can't wait to see what's coming!

How's the techmarine coming along?

On hold for the moment. I was waiting on the 'Made to Order' before ordering the bits I needed. I shouldn't have bothered.

Today marks a big step for me in the hobby. Today I will finally work on a resin model from Forgeworld. it might unleash the gates of hell for my wallet, or it might close them instead. Regardless, it wil be a new experience.

Jbaeza94, thanks for the opportunity man. You generosity knows no bounds. Let it be known that Brother Jbaeza94 is the most honourable brother of the Legion! A promotion to Interrogator-Chaplain / Chapter Master would be appreciated.

And here we have the result of Jbaeza's contest:

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p553/GreyRavenC/DSCN29331_zps42aqjloh.jpg

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p553/GreyRavenC/DSCN29341_zpswjhzktm5.jpg

Staying true to the Consecrators, my love for dreadnoughts and in honour of Jbaeza's Ragneus, a Leviathan Dreadnought has been chosen. Progress will probably be slow, but I'll manage to complete this beast. Maybe I'll refrain from painting until the ETL blink.png

Glad to see everything arrived without a problem :)

I'm not sure if it came with the pamphlet or not, but there are some things you should know about working with resin. I think the biggest one is wash everything!toothbrush and water with dish soap will do the trick. A hair dryer works great to soften the resin to straighten warped pieces.

And I'd like to apologize ahead of time for any future gates of hell unleashing that happens to your wallet! Haha :) enjoy brother, and Merry Christmas :)

Glad to see everything arrived without a problem smile.png

I'm not sure if it came with the pamphlet or not, but there are some things you should know about working with resin. I think the biggest one is wash everything!toothbrush and water with dish soap will do the trick. A hair dryer works great to soften the resin to straighten warped pieces.

And I'd like to apologize ahead of time for any future gates of hell unleashing that happens to your wallet! Haha smile.png enjoy brother, and Merry Christmas smile.png

Thanks for the tips. I never dared to work with large blocks of resin before, since I've read some real horrorstories about them. I don't think I'd ever risk buying something like this, even though I kept going back to the store once a week. So truly, you have my sincerest thanks mate, you made me take a step I wouldn't have taken alone. Ragneus II will become the centerpiece of my consecrators, so I'm going to give it my best shot.

Archived