GreyRaven's Consecrators

Chaplain Raeven

Sweet choice brother! That took no time at all to arrive either

It arrived very fast. It took 3 days I believe. GW/FW never disapoints on that area

I propose that he be named "Mr. Stompy."

I'll think about it laugh.png It will do as placeholder for now

Ooh! A leviathan! I must see the finished product, GreyRavenC! I love Dreadnoughts, big or small, shooty or smashy, they're all wonderful walking coffins with guns/melee weapons!

Every sane marine loves his dreadnoughts. I had to choose the meanest of the bunch!

GreyRavenC:

Great choice! Is this going to be an epic kitbash, or do you plan to go stock for your first FW model?

Thanks for sharing.

FC

Tricky question, I hadn't really thought about it. If it was a regular dread, I would probably attempt a kitbash, but this kit isn't that easy for such things.

I checked briefly if a headswap would be possible, but the helmet of the Leviathan is twice the size as a regular helmet. The scale is all wrong for anything I can think of.

I'm open for sugestions though msn-wink.gif

Finished some Heavy Bolters for my planned squads. I have a couple of nightshifts coming up, so instead of being productive and finish my tacticals, I'll start cleaning up the Leviathan. That's going to be a chore.

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p553/GreyRavenC/DSCN29351_zpszv82bsut.jpg

Looking good as usual smile.png

​They look great .

Thanks you, guys.

It's been a productive afternoon. I've almost settled on the load-out of my 'techmarine'. What are your opinions?

(My lacking photo-skills make the bolter look way larger than it is)

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p553/GreyRavenC/DSCN29361_zps4ccwk8bx.jpg

I usually love everything you do, man, but this time I'm just not feeling the Techmarine. The robe just isn't bulky enough to make me feel that he's in Artificer Armor under there and his shoulders don't have the Marine bulk and shape to them. I'm also not sure I get the gas mask thing. I feel like maybe you have to simply use him as a tech adept/serf under a Techmarine or bulk him up somehow for me to really feel the cold steely gaze of a Marine under that mask (I was going to make a bad joke about caresses and feels, but it'd just be weird ;) ).

Aha, a voice for my own doubts. You're probably right. It's hard to justify an ancient gasmask when you have acces to relics of the chapter. I was going for a excentric marine they dug up from a Space Hulk, where he had need of the mask until he was found. But again, it's a weird angle. The bulk however is about right. He stand almost taller than a marine, has the same width (even armour including) and has similar arms. If you filter out the huge pauldrons, you could believe he has artificer armour underneath those rags.

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p553/GreyRavenC/DSCN29381_zpsxzwyhxm2.jpg

Oh well, maybe it wasn't the best idea to use a degenerate ganger as a marine, I just wanted an excuse to work on such a nice model laugh.png I'll keep this one on hold until I figure out if i want to proceed with the original plans or use him for something else

Hey man, don't let me stop your creativity! I'm a single voice! Not everyone likes everything, if you like it (and I like it more with a little story, I'd just want the pauldrons ;) ), then you have to roll with it and be damned the dissenters (after all, us Unforgiven like damning people - at least mine do!) :D

:tu: Roll on, brother! Can't stop the log!

I'll wait and see with this one for now. I had my doubts for its use from the start, so i'll put it underneath the 'To-do list' for now. That means that the Leviathan, Land Raider, Tacticals and a fresh box of 'Burning of Prospero' moved up a bit. (Oh god, why do I keep buying stuff?)

Speaking of which, All the pieces of the Leviathan are loose and cleaned up. The upper body is assembled and the flamers/chooms are ready for magnets. This dude is big blink.png unfortunatly this guy will be delayed as well. I want to build his base first before building him any further, since the legs are too hard to pose otherwise. And since I'm going all out for this one, I had to order some stuff to work on his base.

So what to do now? Land Raider or another set of tacticals?

Not to be another to rain on your parade, but I do agree with Bryan and DSS7. While he's an awesome model, when I look at him all I think is "Nurgle". Could be the missing shoulder pads, and the pewter. You've definitely put some thought into him and really enjoy the model, so paint him up!

Not to be another to rain on your parade, but I do agree with Bryan and DSS7. While he's an awesome model, when I look at him all I think is "Nurgle". Could be the missing shoulder pads, and the pewter. You've definitely put some thought into him and really enjoy the model, so paint him up!

I think adding shoulder pads to him could go a long way to fixing the lack of bulk?

Good I asked for a second opinion before glueing everything together biggrin.png I'll work on him a little further during work. Thanks for the feedback everyone!

I think they look fantastic! Where did you get the moulded pauldrons?

Thanks Master Ciaphas! I got the pads from a seller on Shapeways. 'Pop goes the monkey' is the name of the store. His pads are top notch, but bloody expensive (€1,6 / pad).

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the comment FC, Your visits are much appreciated biggrin.png

I'm still waiting on orders to proceed with my guys. Ordering stuff right before the holidays is bad management, but 2 weeks is pushing the limits a bit....

In other news, I'm slowly working on my last tacticals. My orders SHOULD arrive by the time they are done, so I can give the Leviathan some love. Then I should get cracking on those sweet, juicy Prospero-models drool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a slow couple of weeks. I'm working in terrain at the moment, but I managed to get that silly B@C Dreadnought painted. I was testing out some new stuff for the upcoming Leviathan.

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p553/GreyRavenC/DSCN2948_zpsk2kjcdgk.jpg

And while my photographing mojo was working, I snapped some better pics of my guys for my new project.

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p553/GreyRavenC/DSCN2951_zpszjzgzx09.jpg

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p553/GreyRavenC/DSCN2955_zpsrcaliqag.jpg

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p553/GreyRavenC/DSCN2957_zpsn0jclzub.jpg

I can't help it, but I can only feel pride when looking at my terminator. Cataphractii is my favorite Mark by far, they look so vicious!

You should definitely be proud of all of those, not just the terminators. Though those bad boys look like they're fixing to put a hurt on. Fantasic work man, and your pics have improved immensely.

And great work on the dread. The BaC one is usually quite bland, but you rectified that

• 2 weeks later...

And the final Tactical squad is done! Time to start on fun stuff! (Damn you Elmo, how do you manage all those guys?)

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p553/GreyRavenC/DSCN2961_zps92idtkhq.jpg

You should definitely be proud of all of those, not just the terminators. Though those bad boys look like they're fixing to put a hurt on. Fantasic work man, and your pics have improved immensely.

And great work on the dread. The BaC one is usually quite bland, but you rectified that

Thanks! I stopped using lamps, and it improved my pics somewhat. I just place the lightbox in front of my window, lights up real nice

Awesome up date . The Dread really stands out .

Thank you. I'm happy how he turned out, considering he was just an 'extra' for when I was tired of the marines.

Really good work. I love the termies. It bugs the hell out of me the first legion (the one known for its abundance of TDA) doesn't have access in 40k.

Rules would be nice, but I'm not really waiting for them. I like the regular terminators, but the looks on these are much better, so I just use them as fancy Indomitus. 

Awesome work! Your blacks are just terrific. Question, what's with the bone accents on the one melta-brother?

Don't stress about Elmo, it's still questionable if hes human. You're still churning out models faster than me lol

Edit: nevermind the question, I realized afterwards that's a sergeant with a combi. Lack of sleep lol

• 2 weeks later...

Deep within the bowels of The Rock, a slumbering giant is awakening. His seething rage echoes through the Darkness...

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p553/GreyRavenC/DSCN2963_zpsnrb6tvbv.jpg

I've been tinkering on this big fellah for a while now. He's almost ready for his first first primer. Just need to wait for some magnets, place some heraldry and hope that I get some decent weather anytime soon.

Archived