GreyRaven's Consecrators

Chaplain Raeven

Still waiting for ideal weather to start priming. It taking too long, so I assembled a box of terrain and a Start Collecting for AOS. The lack of painting is making me do... disturbing stuff:

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p553/GreyRavenC/DSCN29651_zpshav8rzk9.jpg

Never chopped up models like this before. Let's see if it's worth the trouble.

• 4 weeks later...

Back from vacation and still alive! (it was a close call however)

I've been tinkering on some projects:

Couple of the command guys, with some spare dude for scale.

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p553/GreyRavenC/DSCN30951_zpsc3216rid.jpg

And this is to show Jbaeza that I'm still working on his act of generosity. I'm having a blast with this guy, it's such an awesome kit! I didn't bother magnetising it, since I'd buy a second one if I ever fancy another loadout.

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p553/GreyRavenC/DSCN30931_zps6nxkexhd.jpg

You could always get an airbrush and prime with that. IMO well worth the cost

I believe people said that to me before. So following the good advice I started priming with an airbrush. I don't think I'll ever go back to the rattlecans, it works so well! Thanks mate!

Nice to see your thread back! Glad you survived vacation ;)

That's quite the scale difference between the mk4 and mk3. Quite drastic actually, I never would have guessed

Those legs are looking good!

Nice to see your thread back! Glad you survived vacation msn-wink.gif

That's quite the scale difference between the mk4 and mk3. Quite drastic actually, I never would have guessed

Those legs are looking good!

I was wondering why my previous post was such a dud, and you just confirmed my suspicions. Only the arms, packs and heads are Mk3 buddy biggrin.png

Thanks OthnielsBlade! Unfortunatly Dread has become quite the bastard in the last 10.000 years. The techmarines at the depot have filed numerous complaints already.

More progress! After some disturbing issues (the legs broke off), I managed to assemble and paint the complete body. Only the arms/gunz left now. The cannon will be painted red to mimic my contemptor, but I'm not sure what to do with the drill. Maybe some checkers on the wrist?

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p553/GreyRavenC/DSCN31031_zps3zy2iast.jpg

The stormcannon for the dread would make a nice AA-cannon when mounted on a rhino. Interesting...

He's coming along beautifully! I'm digging the checker idea, as well as the red stripe. That breaks up the wall of black without getting too busy

Red stripes make everything better! Time to experiment a bit with those checkers. 

Onas Tolan was a Deathwing Sergeant during the Thramas Crusade. He was mortally wounded during a battle against the Night Lords. His rage for the traitors was so fierce, that he survived long enough to be placed in a Leviathan Dreadnought. In his mighty machine of death, he had the chance to deliver his wrath upon the spawn of chaos. After the destruction of Caliban, his mind went lost beyond repair. Upon the sight of anything with the taint of Chaos, Tolan bursts into a rage that cannot be quelled. After losing friendly units to Tolan's rampages, the Dark Angels placed the Leviathan in stasis. He only awakens from his slumber when his formidable firepower is needed against the enemies of the Legion. Upon the creation of the Consecrators, Tolan was transferred to their armoury. Tonal's name has been lost in history by then. He was known as 'Ragnus', and pity the fools that stand in his way.

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p553/GreyRavenC/DSCN3109_zpsxk52m6ju.jpg

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p553/GreyRavenC/Collage_zpsibplpayl.jpg

And there he is! Jbaeza's gift all painted up! Note, he isn't finished yet. I still need to do some work on the base, the drill needs some blood, I want to weather it a bit and I need to commission some Consecrator-transfers. So not finished by a long shot. But I need to focus on other projects right now, so I'll keep it like this for a while.

Great looking dreadnought!  You did a great job with the pose, he looks like he is about to unleash a volley from the cannons.  The checks on the drill arm looks mighty fine!  It was a good call.

I really liked the narrative too!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Epher msn-wink.gif

I played a game with Ragnus today. I played with a Demi-company against some Dark Eldar/ Eldar. I made the mistake of placing him far in my deployment, since I thought his cannons had some decent range. Imagine my suprise when that enormous cannon only shoots 24" far, even worse than a Heavy bolter! It took me 3 turns to get him anywhere where he could be of use. But oh boy, when it was his time to shine, it was a ferocious shine. I got him stuck in an ongoing combat between a tactical squad and his DE Command Squad. Some huge monsters were beating them to a pulp. Ragnus insta-gibbed the complete squad (it hadn't recieved a single wound during 3 rounds of combat) with one swing of his mighty fist. My opponent and I were left with open mouths. Thus Mr. Stompy McStompface was born. This guy is my favorite model of ALL TIME!

laugh.png

Love it.

Stobz always arrives when there are bloody situations, people will start to suspect you as a undercover Bloodthirster biggrin.png

Where did you get the shoulder pads?

From this seller at Shapeways. Good stuff!

Superb Leviathan GRC!!!

Thanks mate! I'm waiting on you to post some more updates of your guys ph34r.png

Very nice army! That dread is great, love that pose.

Thanks! Tears were shed to get that pose, damn superglue wouldn't bond with thecensored.gif censored.gif resin

You did it justice brother! Great job!

I can't thank you enough for that dread man. Apart from dealing with bloody FW-resin, it was truly a project of love. And I'm not finished quite yet, it needs transfers, weathering and some updates to the base. Got to improve my weathering-skills a little bit more though.

Archived