Dark Mechanicum

Crevette

Wow, that thing is stunning! The paint work and conversion really complement each other well. I think my favorite bit may be the subtle contrast between the aged looking metal on the shoulder mounts and the black white and very armor plates, it works really well and shows a high level of skill in multiple techniques.

Any tips on how to replicate the green stuff chaos trim? Its definitely worthy of emulating

edit: correcting auto correct

Edited by Sgt. Blank

It's been quite some time since I've seen this plog. I see that it's still quite impressive ! The warlord is coming along quite nicely and you almost made me like the armiger model (but I will resist the temptation :')) But must of all the "datasmith" is awesome !

While catching up I've seen a couple questions you didn't answered and I assume it's because of the language barrier so I'll translate them below for you (do not hesitate to ask if you need help answering :wink: )

Hidden Content

Ça fait un certain temps que je ne suis pas passer sur ce post. Je constate que vous faites toujours du superbe boulot ! Le warlord avance vraiment bien et vous m'avez presque réconcilier avec le armiger (mais je résisterais a la tentation ! :')) Mais la "datasmith" est tout simplement splendide !

En rattrapant mon retard j'ai noter quelques questions auxquelles tu n'a pas répondu, je suppose que c'est a cause de la barrière de la langue du coup je me permet de les traduire pour que tu puisse y répondre (n'hésite pas a me demander si tu veux de l'aide pour répondre :wink: )

Entre () et avec mon pseudo ce sont mes "notes de traducteur" :smile.:

I love all this work, but I just noticed something...the Warhound is missing a toe.  Where did his toe go?

J'adore tout votre boulot, mais je viens juste de remarquer un truc ... le Warhound a un orteil en moins. Ou est-il passer ?

!!! Wow! Can you share your paint recipe for the burnished metal?? So gorgeous

Peux-tu partager ta recette pour le métal vieilli ? Tellement beau  (Lasuria: il parle du corps du warlord)

Martian Ironearth (...) should be used straight out of the pot, not watered, and slathered on.

Martian Ironearth devrait être utiliser directement depuis le pot sans le diluer et appliquer directement. (Lasuria: pour l'avoir utiliser moi-même il faut effectivement mettre une bonne couche et laisser sécher pour que ça craquelle)

Stunning work. I do have to ask though, what happened to the original head? Did you make alternatives?

Magnifique. J'ai une question néanmoins, qu'est-il arrivé a la tête d'origine (Lasuria: du warlord) ? Avez-vous fait plusieurs têtes ?

Do you have any plans with the Adeptus Titanicus titans? I reckon they would be an awesome opportunity for more or even riskier conversions, in a much more affordable "canvas" :biggrin.:.

Est-ce que vous avez l'intention de peindre des titans de la boite Adeptus Titanicus ? Je pense qu'ils présentent une superbe opportunité pour des conversions plus poussées et/ou plus risquées sur un "canevas" bien plus abordable financièrement :biggrin.:

Edited by Lasuria

Sorry for the double post but Crevette took me up on my offer to translate for her so below are her answers (in bold and dark orange), I also added Crevette's original answers for those of you who speak French (as I'm not a professional translator, and not immune to mistranslate -especially the painting recipe-).

I love all this work, but I just noticed something...the Warhound is missing a toe.  Where did his toe go?

Crevette: I've bought the Warhound a long time ago and moved out since ... I've lost the toe in doing so. I should rework it as if it was destroyed ...

Hidden Content

J'ai acheté le warhound il y a très longtemps et j'ai déménager entre temps… J'ai perdu un doigt de pied. Il faudrait que je le travail comme si il avais été détruit...

!!! Wow! Can you share your paint recipe for the burnished metal?? So gorgeous

Crevette:

Here is my usual recipe for rust on the whole army:

- RHINOX HIDE base

- I tap SKRAG BROWN with a large brush

- I tap TROLL SLAYER ORANGE "lightly"

- I add a layer of NULN OIL GLOSS

For the Warlord body specifically I more or less willingly forgot the NULN OIL

- however I added a layer of "YELLOW SAND" from prince august air with an air-brush to give a unique look to the titan

- I shadowed with AGRAX EARTHSADE

- I highlighted the edges with USHABTI BONE

Hidden Content

Ma méthode traditionnel pour l'ensemble de l'armée pour la rouille:

- base en RHINOX HIDE

- je tapote au gros pinceaux en SKRAG BROWN

- Je tapote plus "finement" au TROLL SLAYER ORANGE

- Je passe une couche de NULN OIL GLOSS

Pour le corps du warlord j'ai oublié le NULN OIL plus ou moins volontairement

- Par contre j'ai passé une couche de "JAUNE SABLE" prince august air à l'aérographe pour donner un aspect inédit au titan

- J'ai ombré avec de l'AGRAX EARTHSHADE

- j'ai éclairci les arrêtes à l'USHABTI BONE

Martian Ironearth (...) should be used straight out of the pot, not watered, and slathered on.

Crevette: Thank you I'll try it on future models (Peltast and Hoplites :wink:)

Hidden Content

Merci je testerai sur de futurs figurine (pélastre et oplites ;-))

Stunning work. I do have to ask though, what happened to the original head? Did you make alternatives?

Crevette: Which one? Joking aside I have the three titan's heads ... The alpha pattern one is not yet converted though I already know what I want to do ...

Hidden Content

heu? laquelle? blague à part j'ai les 3 têtes de titan… La Alpha patern n'est pas encore convertie bien que j'ai déjà l'idée...

Do you have any plans with the Adeptus Titanicus titans? I reckon they would be an awesome opportunity for more or even riskier conversions, in a much more affordable "canvas" :biggrin.:.

Crevette: It's probable that I buy Adeptus Titanicus when someone brave enough translate it in French, then the goal will be to do an accurate reproduction of my current maniple and later on of the entire Westgam legio titanicus.

Hidden Content

Il est probable que j'achète Adeptus Titanicus quand des braves traduirons les règle en .fr. puis l'objectif sera dans un premier temps faire une reproduction fidèle du Manuple actuel puis de réalise l'ensemble de la légion titanique de Westgam…

y à un peu de boulot…

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello 

i want to post my new pic but i have message error:

you are not allowed to use that image extention on this Community?

What is this?

Hello 

i want to post my new pic but i have message error:

you are not allowed to use that image extention on this Community?

What is this?

I ran into the same error message a day or two ago..... I then just set the post up once more and it worked out fine.