Dark Mechanicum

Crevette

Wowza, the banelord looks impressive so far. Are the wires armatures for the horns? If so, it's going to look awesome once that space is filled in.

I think the tough part of working on something that big is getting an appropriate level of detail and weight and from that I can see you're handling both pretty well so far - keep it it, I'm interested to see it come together.

Edited by Sgt. Blank

Wowza, the banelord looks impressive so far. Are the wires armatures for the horns? If so, it's going to look awesome once that space is filled in.

I think the tough part of working on something that big is getting an appropriate level of detail and weight and from that I can see you're handling both pretty well so far - keep it it, I'm interested to see it come together.

The work is not easy. I carve a little then I have to wait until it is dry to continue. it is a relatively low yield.

this is the first time I work with clay ... it allows to treat larger areas than with green stuff

I am impatient to finish and finally start painting.

I would use the technique that @KrautScientist  kindly entrusted to me ...

concerning the red I am still looking for the right formula to get closer to the color of adeptus titanicus dominus

Papier maché can do some nice stuff and it might work out well but to be honest I'd go with greenstuff over the aluminium foil. Might be worth a quick thin layer of 50/50 greenstuff and Milliput onto the foil for the bulk of the coverage but then work the finer details with Greenstuff.

The shape really works though and whatever you chose to go with keep the foil support. Great job.

I moved a lot yesterday. I worked until 1 am.
- I finished making 3 displays that I had planned for the heads of the titans (morning so no photo of the final rendering for the moment).
- I also finished the sculpture of the head (I have only 2 teeth left to do). I took over the tips of the horns, I "webbed" the first two horns… picked up and remade the junction between the horns and the skull… We are here
- I ironed PVA on the clay so as not to have a porous effect on the paint and that the clay does not drink the paint too quickly.
- The display allows you to show the "coat of arms" of the titans, I'm sadly lost ... but I found another piece that will do the trick. And only those who follow the realization of the titans from the beginning will find that it is this piece… which I was repugnant for the Dark Mechanicus but which, for a Banelord this justifies quite!

Photos? Okay...

200103123205360063.jpg

200103123210385259.jpg

200103123223642585.jpg

Overall, it looks amazing and way beyond anything I'd even attempt. 

As good as it looks, the texture on the horns looks a bit off to me - maybe it's from looking at the work - in - progress pictures but it does look like paper mache to me rather than horn, particularly next to the excellent sculpting on the face. I like how much it looks like a Bloodletter and to play that up further, I'd suggest either tilling in the wrinkles and smoothing it out completely (maybe with wall repair filler or something else that's easy to smooth out and can be sanded) or more textured like a horn. 

• 2 weeks later...

Good for the future:
The Banelords are equipped with missile launchers on the shoulders. So I recommended the parts that I didn't have.
I trimmed the borders to make it more chaotic (as usual) and now leave for @thyrio for the rest of the sculpture

200126100527806755.jpg

I got some coins from eBay from Lord of Skull. It gives the color theme of the beast

200126100532298673.jpg

Here is the Quake cannon tinkered with a Titan Volcano cannon, part printed in 3d, and rest of Lord of Skull

200126100502461117.jpg

Here is where I am at the moment. We are, with a friend, printing in 3d the rest of the pieces of armor that we are missing but basically you see the pieces that we will keep for this Banelord version

200126100449141488.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi, guys, i'm back with the chaotised armor from our banelord with Crevette nearly finished 

540.jpg

I convert too a new time the legs from our first IK with Crevette, i found the legs laked mechanical gears, so i had them with GS and i changed the knee:

540.jpg

finished:

540.jpg

I work too on a new shell with horns

540.jpg

and the shoulders

540.jpg

Edited by Thyrio

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We will kindly overlook you failing to finish the Banelord since you shared this pretty knight with us ;)

No kidding, that IS an excellent knight. And, personally, I would probably be to afraid to ruin the model to even start something as mad as your Banelord. So take your time doing it. We will be here to wait for it's conclusion. It will surely be worth the wait!

• 3 months later...
We are going to make a little trip back to the past here because by simple fleme I did not show us the previous productions:

Here I am back with some better quality photo.

200616053114786083.jpg

200802071437148666.jpg

The three weeks of vacation have been prolific!

To start two units of the 10 figures:

@thyrio's electro-priest called "squid"

20082911540726339.jpg

Then 10 skitarii based on Necromunda minifigure

200829115418256355.jpg

The two units stayed on the corner of my desk for a very long time because I was not very motivated ... The skitarii are boring to paint and not very glorifying ...

For the Squid it was the bronze which (intellectually) was painful, then in the final it quickly passed ...

Before going on vacation I really wanted to paint horses, so Thyrio prepared 6 riders for me. There were also two Balistarii left lying in a box. I took the opportunity to do a group shot

200829115233103749.jpg

Now the 2 serious subjects:

2 versions of Belisarius Cawl, The first which is the interpretation of Thyrio. No particular topic on this piece other than the delirium on the ultramarine armor plate on the ground. an afternoon of work alone ... to finally be hidden ... lol

200829115047584386.jpg

200829115302770215.jpg

And finally Balisarius Cawl Apocalypse version ... it's still in Wip because I have not yet found how to finish the "back". Note the presence of corpses in the body of the beast

200829114951611614.jpg

200829114959539150.jpg

Good to make you happy the holidays we also allowed to pose a little and find some new concept a little fun ...

For those who like the imperial artillery and the aractaphrons you will be served ... but I say no more

For me the next step is to manage to finish the equivalent of the units that I painted for my boyfriend. Indeed I have almost painted all of the Mechanicus codex entries for @thyrio but I have only finished very few for myself. Well, of course it's not for playing because personal I prefer day with few figurines, so my Chaos Knight have already been operational for 1 year already ...

What next?

the end of the hoplite, the beginning of the pelasts (or indeed the opposite, I don't remember the names well), of the s ***** o **** as servants ... and SMC with Boobs ... because that I like that!

there is also the big one with FW coming but that's top secret for the moment ...