Black Book - The Eastern Expansion Campaigns

simison

Setting: First 10 years of Icarion's invasion of the Imperium, focused on the Eastern Theatre in Seg. Ultima.

Factions Involved:  Dune Serpents, Steel Legion, Void Eagles, and the Insurgos

Progress Report - 

Old fluff

Alpha Stage (Fluff)

• General Background: In-Progress 
  • Dune Serpents: In-progress (General History - Alpha Draft)
  • The Steel Legion: In-progress (Title Page - Alpha Draft)
  • Predators: In-progress (General History - Alpha Draft)
  • Insurgos: In-progress 
  1. [DS Traitors]: (In progress)

Beta Stage (Fluff)

• Book 3A Campaigns (Battle of the Forge):
  • Book 3B Campaigns 
  • Book 3C Campaigns

Delta Stage (Crunch)

• Dune Serpents: 
  • The Steel Legion: 
  • Iron Bears Update:
  • Expanded Armoury: 
  • Insurgos
  1. DS Traitors

Tau Stage (Crunch)

• Book 3A Campaigns
  • Book 3B Campaigns 
  • Book 3C Campaigns

Book 2A (Battle of the Forge): Updated Iron Bears, Expanded Armoury

Book 2B (Azus' Capture): Dune Serpents, Steel Legion, and the [Dune Serpents Insurgo].

Book 2C (Rescue of Azus): Predators

Edited by simison

Do the Predators and Warbringers have slots? If not, I feel this would be a good time to bring them in.

Warbringers were thought of to be highly involved in the Reformation book where they would be front and center with the creation of the Suzerainty. 

Predators have no established role, so they could fit in here as our Loyalist faction.

Problem is that xenos armies are not allowed on this board. Having a whole army.list, even if they work for the.empire is a bit of a risk. How about introducing knight households, auxilias and somethin.like the sisters of silence, custodes etc. Mechanicum abyssii (mechanicum in general). Rogue trader armies ( here we could through the backdoor use a mercenary.list where we put mercenaries with different options into. Of coirse they could field xenos tech and maybe they look like xenos etc. Edited by MikhalLeNoir

Problem is that xenos armies are not allowed on this board. Having a whole army.list, even if they work for the.empire is a bit of a risk. How about introducing knight households, auxilias and somethin.like the issters of silence custodes etc.

We could. But I suggested a xenos mercenaries list as they are such a pivotal force at this point in the Insurrection

I had some thoughts on the xenos allies and mercenaries idea before. I think we can pull it off with some relatively simple additions. My suggestion is that we use the Militia list as a base and then add a number of new Provenances that adjust how the army works (I'm not certain on specifics, but access to certain xenotech and stat changes seem like viable options*), on top of that we could also write a new Warlord traits table to show some different mindsets that the various aliens might have. I think this would be legal to post here (Slips can you confirm) as it is simply a modification of an allowed list.

*A thought that just occurred is that we could write a provenance for a number of different races (one for Orks, Eldar, Kroot etc..), which could then be used alone or in conjunction with the existing provenances. We could even add a Xenos keyword so that you cannot have two alien races combined into a hybrid (to stop people taking Eldar + Ork and being extra fast and tough).

I had some thoughts on the xenos allies and mercenaries idea before. I think we can pull it off with some relatively simple additions. My suggestion is that we use the Militia list as a base and then add a number of new Provenances that adjust how the army works (I'm not certain on specifics, but access to certain xenotech and stat changes seem like viable options*), on top of that we could also write a new Warlord traits table to show some different mindsets that the various aliens might have. I think this would be legal to post here (Slips can you confirm) as it is simply a modification of an allowed list.

*A thought that just occurred is that we could write a provenance for a number of different races (one for Orks, Eldar, Kroot etc..), which could then be used alone or in conjunction with the existing provenances. We could even add a Xenos keyword so that you cannot have two alien races combined into a hybrid (to stop people taking Eldar + Ork and being extra fast and tough).

And possibly we could also have maybe one or two unique characters? So like a human interex who functions like the Halycon Warden diplomat centurion between human auxilia and auxilia using a kinebrach provenance. 

Would be honored if the Predators may take their seat in book no. 2. :)

If we decide to introduce a Knight Household as well, I can offer you House Harkon OR can give my brainstorm ideas about House Ordoz and Sardok to someone who would like to write about them.

Concerning writing about xenos. I once spoke with Slips and after resulting the other mods, he tolde me that I was allowed to write something like a compendium / journal from an imperial pov about xenos races and no full topic.

Think our solution should not be a problem. But I wanted to mentioned it before it might get critical.

My suggestion for factions is the following: Void Eagles or Predators and Imperial Auxiliaries VS Stygian Jackals and Dark Mechanicum.

Dark Mechanicum are covered by the Cognis in Escalation

that hinges on another book: Escalation. It's made incredible progress so far

This surprised me pleasantly :) I was on the verge of apologising for how long it was taking me to crank out Escalation's fluff

Edited by Sigismund229

Good gravy, Sig, your pace has been exemplary. 

So, we essentially have our Traitor Legion picked: Stygian Jackels. 

We'll have to wait on Slips to tell us how far we can go down the Imperial Xeno route. 

Potential Loyalist Legions:

Predators

Void Eagles

Halcyon Wardens

Potential Factions:

Interex & Kinebrack Auxilia

Imperial Militia [with Xeno Provenances]

Knight House Harkon

To better answer this question, let's take another shot at outlining the other books. Furthermore, let's be optimistic and assume that we can keep this multi-light book momentum going. Worse comes to worst, we can collapse them back into each other. 

Insurrection - Lightning Bearers/Harbingers, Iron Bears, Grave Stalkers, Godslayers, Scions Hospitalier, & The Drowned - Day of Revelation, beginning of the Insurrection

[Corruption] - [Loyalist Legion], Stygian Jackels, [2 Factions] - Icarion's advance, the Edict of Emancipation, and the Stalemate

Escalation - Crimson Lions, Berserkers of Uran, Leonic Auxilia, Cognis - The Blood Crusade

Book 4 - Warbringers, Warriors of Peace, [2 Factions/Daemon Rules] - The Traitors resorting to Daemonic power, the Death of K'awil, the creation of the Suzerainty

[Retaliation] - Godslayers (Daemons), [3 Factions/Daemon rules] - Return of the Godslayers, Icarion's attempts to end the Suzerainty and the Jackel insurgency, and more Daemons

Book 6 - [4 Factions] - Breach of Solar Seg., the Suzerainty-Imperium Alliance, Deployment of the Wardens of Light

Book 7 - [4 Factions] - The Terran Siege & the Madrigal Siege

How does that look? 

I feel lile you could probably split the events of Corruption into two books. Book 2- Icarion's expansion out of the Maelstrom . Book 3- His first assault on the Seg. Solar

Other than that looks fine.

And maybe I'm just judging myself too harshly :P but I failed to meet my goal of having The Fall of the Eastern March done by the end of this week so I'm feeling slow

Edited by Sigismund229