Black Book - The Eastern Expansion Campaigns

simison

The drowned are allready in book 1. Another traitorfactiins? Or will the jackals fight against the wardens too. By the way: jackals attack imperial ships. Takong hostages etc. wardens ( as warden in the name means nice legion) board the ship and attack the jackals on board who are strangely very easy prey. Wardens detachement slaughters them all and only then they realize, that those were all hostsges put into jackal power armor and the weapons were stuck on their hands. Because they habe not the proper augmentation the hostages couldn't really move. It was dark and the wardens thought they fight against enemies. Meanwhile the real jackals capture a warden vessel^^

Damn...sig!!! Don't ninja me.

Maybe put the predators into it? Fin thing is they seem loyalist bit are.in fact traitors

So... They copy the Joker's ploy to get the Police to shoot all his hostages in The Dark Knight? Aside from that, I don't see the Jackals wasting perfectly good suits of Power Armour and weapons on a diversion, as the Insurrection goes on that stuff is worth it's weight in gold, and both sides know it.

It was originally planned for the eagle warriors who do exactly that. But sig pointed out that hec would have blasted the ship with the hostages to dust. So i thought of the jackals to pull that off. You know that strategy was used before it inspired nolan? And here the hostages are killed, not rescued by batman.

Getting a control of a bigger space ship should outweigh the worth of the suits.

Question:

Do we still want to include factions like House Harkon or some auxiliary regiments?

Yes. However, in this book, an additional traitor faction rather than loyalist. 

The auxiliary regiments are going to come in Emancipation

Mikhal: I thought the Predators were openly loyal at this point? 

And this book won't be focussing on the Halycon Wardens. That too is Emancipation. The two loyal legions in here as it stand are the Dune Serpents who will fight against the Stygian Jackals on the Eastern Fringe and the Void Eagles who are waging a campaign against the Drowned in which they fall back very heavily on Scorched earth tactics. 

However, as Mikhal points out the Drowned have rules in book 1 meaning the way is open for another traitor faction. 

Hmmm...interesting idea Mikhal. Very interesting...(strokes chin thoughtfully)

Edited by Sigismund229

Predators as a loyalist force. 3 loyals ans only 1 traitor. Just as hint wjen they later read the last where the predatos defect the nerd reader will think: aaah. The disbalance in book w was because of THIS!!! I call that planning^^

Hmmm...interesting idea Mikhal. Very interesting...(strokes chin thoughtfully)

Gnahahah. Virus bombing has started^^

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

To be fair, Insurrection has 4 Traitor Factions and 2 Loyalist Factions, so it's alright if we don't have an even spread of Factions for any of the books really.

If we're pushing the Halycon Wardens back, shouldn't we also move back the Lightning Bearers?

I don't think so. While they don't inflict nearly as much damage as other Traitor Legions, they are still our Arch-Traitor Legion. They deserve to be in the first book, while the Wardens were never going to be in Insurrection

Ok. Point taken.

For the traitor-loyalists or loyalist traitors, I reckon they ought to go in here. However, perhaps just a few special characters, maybe RoW in the case of people like the Sheperds of Eden and Morning Stars, rather than a whole faction?

Also, how did I end up taking decisions on this? Isn't simison head of the "official" books?

Edited by Sigismund229

The power of delegation, my friend. And, technically, I shouldn't be making any posts here. Now that the Harbingers are open for work, and I could be doing more calculations on Godslayer rules, I have more than enough to keep the ball rolling, even though I'm waiting on answers for the Bears and the Scions. You, on the other hand, aren't as limited. Besides, I may not post often here, but I am keeping an eye on things. 

I think he is to busy catching pokemon^^

We could make a general list of traitors and loyalists. And just give them them special chars who command their respective splinter legion.

For example Dondarion is a morningstar. They have access to maybe void eagle row or special morningstars row. Maybe craft a general row for loyalist traitors and traitor loyalists ( damn...my head)

We could come up with random splinter legions qhere you built your preator etc or do it more charscterdriven cuz it was their heros who convinced the splinters to leave their main legion, so you have always take this special char if you want to play a shepard or a morningstar.or an apostle of darkness( who? No idea)

I like the character driven version more cuz this would really set them apart from the main legions.

I'm not sure. Couldn't this all be done through a combination of the current Rites, characters, Legion rules and Shattered Legions stuff? I guess I'm not too certain about what you're wanting to get out of this in particular.

In my mind it works exactly that way but which Legion you use is defined by the special Char leading it. So we introduce Characters and if we don#t have special rules now for the legion, because they weren#t in the books yet, we can atm rely on shattered legions rule and later when the rules are their, simply use look into the book where the legion is introduced.: Khârn -> Shepard of Eden -> Access to  Bersekrers of Uran RoW and maybe Units except for those Bloodborne things and legion specific wargear, special rule for shattered legion.

Or Character Dondarion -> Morningstar -> Access to void eagle wargear, special rules and RoW (not yet implemented -> only stattered legion special rule)

The alternative would be: Praeator -> choose your legion-> get access to legion wargear and rules -> shattered legions special rule

Ok. Well in that case the rules are already in place to do all of that (with your opponent's permission, but hell the whole thing needs an opponent's permission). We'd just need to add the specific characters in later on and put the appropriate sign in place to show that they are Loyalist/Traitor/Suzerain. I've been starting to do that somewhat already in the first book, there aren't any characters/units currently that go against the grain of their Legion, but I guess that some will in later books (I recall the last Berserker Chaplain being a special character at one point).

Something like that. So if we have for Book 2 the morningstars, the shepards fof eden and maybe dune serpents traitors. then those could be introduced. no complete new list. just like i outlined it above.

I can offer another formen loyalist, now traitor faction: the Bloodlords

a former tribe of the Predators which is specialized in rapid and brutal strikes, prefer close combat, etc. :)

Just a question about dune serpents involvement: are the events of this book before or after Azus gets captured? I feel like it might be before but I'm not sure about timing.

I was considering one of the early battles is the Dune Serpents locating and rescuing Azus.

Yeah, I'm open to suggestions on what it should be. Same with the Morning Stars, and probably the traitor Wardens too.

Khârn and Nix will spend most of the conflict as Knights Errant as it is

I was about to suggest that tje Sheperd character be that one Raktra has already invented seeing as Khârn and Nux can be included as Knights Errant.