=][= 2016 Paint Challenge : Gathering of Forces =][=

Prot

In a time of turmoil and unending war brought to our doorstep by the despicable Xenos we muster our forces for the coming battles....

gallery_2760_1001_32042.jpg

Welcome to the Deathwatch 2016 thread that let's us gather, and inspire each other towards completion of our Vows in the coming weeks.

• Feel free to post your WIP's, questions, comments on your or your fellow Frater's vows. It is here that you can discuss the entries, or encourage your fellow Deathwatch Vow participants.
  • This thread is not going to be pinned and will fall off when the challenge ends. The goal is to keep the original Vow thread cleaner, and to keep its content focused on initial Vows and Completions.
  • Also feel free to link your own BnC painting blogs, or hobby threads here so we can see your progress.
  • If you are uncertain of what this is all about, then I suggest 1) you are a filthy Xenos and have stumbled upon an area of the forum that means certain death for your kind, or 2) you need to sign up and check it out here: 2016 Deathwatch Painting Challenge ! ! !

Man those are just nice models. I mean I have them, and several are assembled but the kit is just nice. I like the inclusion of the Auspex. It's a good option for my Frag Cannon squads since we can't really take advantage of deny cover rounds in those squads.

Wow, off to a great start! It seems like everyone these days is cranking out excellent fleshtones. smile.png

It's one of the simpler jobs I've done. I painted the face a very pale flesh tone from Reaper, the washed it with The current citadel flesh shade. Then I vent over it with some Kislev (don't know if that spelling is right), another thin wash of flesh shade, and finally a little flayed one flesh for the last highlights. You can almost get away with just the flesh wash over the pale base.

It's one of the simpler jobs I've done. I painted the face a very pale flesh tone from Reaper, the washed it with The current citadel flesh shade. Then I vent over it with some Kislev (don't know if that spelling is right), another thin wash of flesh shade, and finally a little flayed one flesh for the last highlights. You can almost get away with just the flesh wash over the pale base.

Thanks for the how-to!  I'ma try this out.

Love seeing the stuff you guys are working on. Believe it or not I have been working every spare moment I have on my vow as well but I've been so busy away from work I haven't had much of a chance to post pics etc.

I mostly wanted to pop in here to bump the post with a reminder that we're heading into the final 24 hours for the Deathwatch Vows. It might seem redundant but you'd be surprised how many people actually don't notice the sticky notes at the top of the forum!

The Kill Teams are looking good everyone. I thought I should share what I have been slowly working on. The couple of days that I was counting on to work on my Kill Team didn't pan out so I'm hoping that I didn't bite off more then I can chew. I do have holidays coming up so might be able to pull some late nights if the Rug rat and wife let me.

FirstSquad01

What do you all think? Should I carry the silver on the right shoulder pad to the Novamarine? and just a disclaimer Novamarine doesn't have any highlights and the Flesh Tearer still needs a couple here and there
Oh and what colors are all you guys and gals doing your pip boys screens? I was just going to do all the lenses green but I didn't know if that would be to much or if I should change some of them up. I want the helm lenses green I know that much

Archived