Steampunk Skitarii

helterskelter

Added another agrax wash on the cost and burnished gold on the metal. In the right direction?

...man, colour scheme is everything. It changes these guys so freaking much. Stellar stuff, Helts.

You know, I blame you two for my having gone and picked up a box of Skitarii, with all your Steampunk and Kill Team inspiration...

Added another agrax wash on the cost and burnished gold on the metal. In the right direction?

...man, colour scheme is everything. It changes these guys so freaking much. Stellar stuff, Helts.

You know, I blame you two for my having gone and picked up a box of Skitarii, with all your Steampunk and Kill Team inspiration...

Could they please be Cognis or Abyssii?

Could they please be Cognis or Abyssii?

Sorry, I've got my own plans for them (skitarii guard of an explorator fleet that turns to the worship of Hashût :evil:)

I love this. Nice work. :) What colour is the metallic areas around the gun mount? Is it a silver colour with a sepia tone? I can't quite tell. The wood veneer is absolutely brilliant.

Boltgun metal washed in agrax earthshade, with a little mithril silver here and there.

And thanks dude!

• 1 year later...

Looking good. How'd you do the volkite glow?

Thanks dude, it's kabalite green on the bottom, highlighted with sybarite green, a little wash with coelia greenshade, then a touch of nihilakh oxide on last highlight and round the edges.

Very, very cool. Always nice to see something other than the typical Mars-style red, and the steampunk style just fits well with AdMech. I especially like the little swirl in the tank on the Dominus' back - makes it look like a gas of some sort.

Any chance of uploading/retaking the rest of the photos, for those of us who didn't see this back then? I'd love to see the rest of your stuff, but Photobucket has other ideas...

Very, very cool. Always nice to see something other than the typical Mars-style red, and the steampunk style just fits well with AdMech. I especially like the little swirl in the tank on the Dominus' back - makes it look like a gas of some sort.

Any chance of uploading/retaking the rest of the photos, for those of us who didn't see this back then? I'd love to see the rest of your stuff, but Photobucket has other ideas...

That swirl is hilariously accidental, but thanks! And yeah I'll post the onager that started it but I'll repost the ranger when his squads done.

WDVUvXl.png

Also while I've got folk here what do we think about Stygies infiltrate stratagem and the use of fulgurite and corpuscarii? I want some frankensteins gribblies in my army :p

The Onagers are well painted, but the pattern on their hull looks wooden. Are they actually made of wood, or is that merely a pattern painted on a metallic hull? If the latter, is the pattern meant to serve as camouflage, to decorate it, or for other reasons?

The Onagers are well painted, but the pattern on their hull looks wooden. Are they actually made of wood, or is that merely a pattern painted on a metallic hull? If the latter, is the pattern meant to serve as camouflage, to decorate it, or for other reasons?

Just the one shown from angles ^_^ it was meant to show with the steampunk theme so I painted wooden panels, let's call it ironwood :p

have you got a guide for how you painted the wood? would love to have a go myself and maybe do my guard tank regiment in wooden tanks!

I have a YouTube video for doing something similar on a Kharadron ironclad, I'll hunt the link and pop it here for you

Edit:

Basically the same technique, hope it helps

If I hadn't seen these, and someone tried to explain the colour scheme, I'd have said it wouldn't work. Wooden panels and gold?

I'm very glad to say I'm wrong. The scheme looks great and brilliantly executed :)

Archived