Steampunk Skitarii

helterskelter

Someone convince GW to send me an early access Armiger and I'll apply it to another model ;)

And my thanks Aqui and Zebulon, I should have rangers and vanguard up either tonight or in the morning depending on how fast I can get them painted

• 2 weeks later...
Having a read through the thread I have to say this is the best scheme for Skitarii I’ve seen so far! Have you posted a list of the colours you’ve used for it though? I’m getting a half of forgebane this week and want to try my hand at that brown

Having a read through the thread I have to say this is the best scheme for Skitarii I’ve seen so far! Have you posted a list of the colours you’ve used for it though? I’m getting a half of forgebane this week and want to try my hand at that brown

Easiest paint job you'll ever do, ready for the Brown?

Mournfang brown

Agrax earthshade

Highlight sylvaneth bark dry

That's it. Enjoy

Easiest paint job you'll ever do, ready for the Brown?

Mournfang brown

Agrax earthshade

Highlight dryad bark

That's it. Enjoy

Did you mean Sylvaneth Bark? I had to double check since Dryad Bark is darker than the base colour. :)

Sounds like a nice straightforward colour scheme to paint and it looks good.

• 4 weeks later...

The wood grain is beautiful, but I can't help but think polished metal or ceramic glazing is more appropriate on that chainsword.

I do have another Armiger to do, what colours would you suggest? I had considered maybe trying green marble?

I do have another Armiger to do, what colours would you suggest? I had considered maybe trying green marble?

White, like china, with glazed patterns in the color of your choice.

Why make a chainsword look like china? It's a ceramic, the latter of which is known for its hardness, and used in contemporary armor and even knives. (We don't have the technology to mass-produce ceramic of the necessary quality, but the Imperium obviously does, as canon states Marine power armor has "ceramite" plates.)

• 2 weeks later...

Should have warned you, but make sure the armor around the ankles still fits. You can only go so far to the side before it interferes and you might be past that...

No worries about that, I need to peel the foot off and put it back in the right place, I trusted weight and gravity when I should have sat holding it til the glue set!

I gotta agree, this is a pretty rad overall concept.  I'd argue that the use of organic armour is something of a blasphemy against the Machine God, but I'm assuming you've already worked that into the background of your FW :)

Seriously awesome, the theme is definitely unique. The wooden knight reminds me of the Dr. Who episode, where the Cybermen field wooden cybermen to go undetected.

As an idea, wouldn't it make sense to use a gloss varnish ('ardcoat or something) on the wooden parts? Guess it would reinforce the effect of polished wood a bit, compared to just striped camo patterns. Also, some branch marks could fit.

Seriously awesome, the theme is definitely unique. The wooden knight reminds me of the Dr. Who episode, where the Cybermen field wooden cybermen to go undetected.

Camouflage is an excellent justification for painting wood grains onto an AdMech vehicle.

Archived