Space Wolves - questions

Ragnarr

I LOVE the plasma turret.

So much fun it's ridiculous

I like plasma turret myself

You meant for Razorback?

No, Forge World allows in 40k a Predator Deimos. The Deimos can purchase a plasma executioner, a 3 shot plasma Cannon. I built like 3 of them using the plasma cannon from the Storm Raven kit.

I'll link a picture when I get home

I LOVE the plasma turret.

So much fun it's ridiculous

I like plasma turret myself

You meant for Razorback?

No, Forge World allows in 40k a Predator Deimos. The Deimos can purchase a plasma executioner, a 3 shot plasma Cannon. I built like 3 of them using the plasma cannon from the Storm Raven kit.

I'll link a picture when I get home

Thank you. I would like to see. 

Nice! It means to have at least 3 :). Plasma is a good idea, but in case of non plasma combination?

Outside of plasma I usually field all lascannons.

The autocannon just isnt worth it in my opinion, though I never experimented with the magma cannon

Dear brothers / sisters.

I bought a new legion primus medicae and would like to convert this model (in cathaphracti armour) to wolf priest. Do you think that would be possible to add to his hand with Narthecium crozius? WP on pictures or models of SW WP (now only Ulrik) don't have Narthecium (Fang of Morkai) but it is part of equipment. Wolf-headed crozius is easy to build.

What do you think?

Thanks.

Edited by Ragnarr

I would like t use assault cannns, but mine are mixed.

Love my lascannon with twin inked plasma gun

Btw, lovely collection of models, also tr to get a metal old ulrik and cut the crozius plus hand. use it instead of the gun and maybe a pistol/gun in the other hand?

I dont field any.

Too few guns and transport capacity. 

I've never been a fan of them to be honest

Twin lascannons or las/plas. Though I'm often finding I don't use the plasma guns much as I'm shooting at armour. Might go all twin lascannons for a game and see how that works.

Thank you, guys!

I would like to build and test strike force consisting from:

- leader - rune priest on bike

- one unit of WG on bikes - sarge + 9 (poss. power weaps, plasma, melta, power fists, claws..)

- two units of Swift claw - sarge + 9, one of them attack bike - multi-melta (has to be only one or more?)

- one unit of land speeders - heavy bolter, multi-melta, missiles

- one stormwolf - 1 rune priest + 15 BC

- two rhinos with GH - 10 each

- two razorbacks with LF - 6 LF each - las / plasma, LF plasma, las, h-flamer, multimelta, rocket, heavy bolter

- 3 predators

What do you think?

Hi puppys lovers,

my son want to start a space wolves army, I'm a chaos player then I need your help to guide him through the expansion of his force. He got a start collecting SW and a box of wulfen, we'll add a box a tac marines that we have unused (along with with SW bits).

The plan is to build 3 units of 5 GH with meltas and a long fang pack with 3 ML and 1 HB. LF load out may not be optimized but that's what he wants, GH load out may be modified, we can even think about going for  BC or WG (loadout ?) if better.

He thinks about adding a drop pod which seems to be a good idea, then he is more or less torn between a LS, a razorback or perhaps a dread (CC or distance ?).

What do you advise about the moddeling of the 15 tac marines and the expansions ? Thanks a lot !

Hi puppys lovers,

my son want to start a space wolves army, I'm a chaos player then I need your help to guide him through the expansion of his force. He got a start collecting SW and a box of wulfen, we'll add a box a tac marines that we have unused (along with with SW bits).

The plan is to build 3 units of 5 GH with meltas and a long fang pack with 3 ML and 1 HB. LF load out may not be optimized but that's what he wants, GH load out may be modified, we can even think about going for  BC or WG (loadout ?) if better.

He thinks about adding a drop pod which seems to be a good idea, then he is more or less torn between a LS, a razorback or perhaps a dread (CC or distance ?).

What do you advise about the moddeling of the 15 tac marines and the expansions ? Thanks a lot !

I am not very experience player but I would start with Space Wolves Skyhammer Wolf Pack and / or Start Collecting! Space Wolves. Less then 10 BC does not make a sence - in my point of view. TWC is very useful unit.

Bulk the TWC unit from the start collecting box with another box of TWC, build one of them as a Wolf Lord on a Thunderwolf.

then just some transport for the PA guys, maybe some Razorbacks and pods. Have a 10man bloodclaw squad in a pod. Then put a 5man Greyhunter squad and Longfangs in Razorbacks.

That would be a fun army and reasonably competitive with the TWC and Wulfen.

Thanks a lot for the advice, the pod seems to be a no brainer, we still need to decide between a ven dread, a RB or one more TWC pack.

Have a 10man bloodclaw squad in a pod.

I'm not sure I get it, BC cannot shoot efficiently (except with their BP), the probability they get wrecked before being able to pay back their points seems really high...

Distraction carnifex. Shoot these or my TWC. Drop them next to some cover, move them into it, watch people struggle with the choice.

Distraction carnifex. Shoot these or my TWC. Drop them next to some cover, move them into it, watch people struggle with the choice.

Hi guys.

How strong packs you use? Basic composition or with additional models. For example - SW Swift Claw - unit composition is 3, up to seven could be added (only one of them could be an attack bike). Blood Claw - pack of 5 - up to 10 could be added. 

I am sorry but I am not a very experienced player. Now my army is for relax after work - painting, assembling, conversions etc. So if the pack could have e.g. 15 SWs I have packs with 15 SWs.

Thanks for advice.