REF - Book Outlines

Grifftofer

Because Perturabo was consumed by his vendetta with Dorn. And because Perturabo wasn't of the stature we're building for Kozja.

I think he was referring to just in general. Which I agree is possible, but I don't want that to be Kozja's first on-screen campaign.

Yeah, I ment in general. Was refering to Simison's post regarding him not liking this kind of battle. :)

Of course, it's not reasonable for Kozja's introduction.

With all that said, does anyone protest removing the Battle of the Forge from Expansion and replacing it with a battle featuring the Predators and Andezo? The Battle of the Forge will instead feature in a supplementary book with more Astartes battles that don't feature Primarchs involved.

What do you have in mind for my boys, boss? :smile.:

Honestly? It seems that, given recent fluff I've seen Blunt write, Book 2B could see Azus captured by Nomus and Morro. In which case, Book 2C could focus on Azus' liberation by Andezo, who is the only remaining Loyalist Primarch in the East.

I'd be against replacing the battle of the Forge as book 2C for a couple of reasons. The main one is that it would add to the work load we already have to need to work on a sub-book for the battle of the Forge and you, me and blunt are stretched thin as it is. A secondary reason is that Andezo hunting for Azus couldn't serve the same function rules wise as the battle of the forge 2C would Edited by Sigismund229

What do you have in mind for my boys, boss? :)

Honestly? It seems that, given recent fluff I've seen Blunt write, Book 2B could see Azus captured by Nomus and Morro. In which case, Book 2C could focus on Azus' liberation by Andezo, who is the only remaining Loyalist Primarch in the East.

I was thinking Andezo wreaking havoc among the Insurrectionists, but that works.

What rules would Iyacrax give us? Warbringers can be brought in against the Scions, and it'd be nice to introduce the Predators before they turn and splinter.

What do you have in mind for my boys, boss? :)

I was thinking Andezo wreaking havoc among the Insurrectionists, but that works.

What rules would Iyacrax give us? Warbringers can be brought in against the Scions, and it'd be nice to introduce the Predators before they turn and splinter.

The idea for Iyacrax and 2C ruleswise was for it to be a place where we would put the Shattered legion rules for the Bears, BotL specific "generic" wargear, Harbinger enforcers etc. Units and wargear specific to BotL but which aren't tied to a particular legion, or fit better here than with the Insurrectionists deamonic rules, and can't be found in the GC army list Edited by Sigismund229

What do you have in mind for my boys, boss? :smile.:

The idea for Iyacrax and 2C ruleswise was for it to be a place where we would put the Shattered legion rules for the Bears, BotL specific "generic" wargear, Harbinger enforcers etc. Units and wargear specific to BotL but which aren't tied to a particular legion, or fit better here than with the Insurrectionists deamonic rules, and can't be found in the GC army list

We could move the Shattered Bears rules to Book 3C with the HW. The Harbinger specialty units could be added to Book 2C with the Predators (which would make sense since the Predators would have to strike into Icarion's domain to retrieve Azus). And the remaining extra gear and rules can be added to Book 2C or Book 3A for Traitors and Loyalists respectively. 

EDIT: To your other point, we could drop Iyacrax from the workload and leave it to personal/hobby effort.

Edited by simison

Current plan is the Traitor's echelon, moving from the Southern Front to the Northern Front in both time and space. So, we see the Southern Front at the start of the invasion, the Central Front at the Traitor's high point, and the Northern Front near its end.

One mini-book per Front.

Void Eagles are almost done, just 2 exemplary battles. You know Steel Legion. Dune Serpents are the biggest question, given Squig's erratic presence.

Once I finish the Void Eagles, I can throw my main effort into the Steel Legion.

Current plan is the Traitor's echelon, moving from the Southern Front to the Northern Front in both time and space. So, we see the Southern Front at the start of the invasion, the Central Front at the Traitor's high point, and the Northern Front near its end.

One mini-book per Front.

Void Eagles are almost done, just 2 exemplary battles. You know Steel Legion. Dune Serpents are the biggest question, given Squig's erratic presence.

Once I finish the Void Eagles, I can throw my main effort into the Steel Legion.

OK. So Book 3 is now entirely about the Solar war. Hmm. Well I didn't know that there were Bears present for Mars. I was under the impression the Dragon of Autumn was still undergoing repairs and the Bears waiting on Terra. But if they're present on Mars, including them on Delos makes sense.

As far as the other stuff, I reckon it might make more sense spread out across 2 and 3. The Harbinger enforcers could work just as easily in the first Solar war as in the battle of the Forge. The wargear depends on which. When the idea was broached, we settled on three armouries:

General Wargear: stuff used widely by BotL legions like hoplon shields or some variant thereof and chainaxes etc. Could really go anywhere.

Underwater wargear: Weapons used specifically for underwater warfare. Any legion can take stuff from here for underwater missions although the Drowned and Scions can take them as standard. Could work in one of the sub books of 2 or 3, so long as the Drowned or Scions are in there.

Tools of Horror: wargear and stuff related to the genetic fiddling many Insurrectionist legions do even prior to their corruption. Ideally should go somewhere in book 3 I reckon.

What about the Insurgos? How far along are they?

While we are at discussing the book outlines. Is it possible to make the Illumination book a Warden of Light trilogy?

So as to have them in every major battle there? Reasoning is that they have been absent for most of the time and having them appear then only in a small minibook before the grand finale seems very odd. You can start nack in the day of revelation for book one amd have a campaign against eagle warriors. Part two kylan vs bloodlords and finally the push for terra. There are a lot if opportunities to divide thr army list and rules between the books.

Just an idea to create something like angelus probably, over and out

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

Not an entire trilogy in one book. Nit if you count everything togheter, than there most have that amount of fluff. If i ever have the time I could make an outline in german. If it fits we could use it. Or put everything in one book. Or do only a 2 book thing.

I'm not sure if it's possible. Looking over the trilogies, I'm not sure if any Legion gets an entire trilogy to themselves.

We can give the WoL a battle to themselves in Book 6, I reckon.

Hmmm, perhaps. What were you thinking?

Also, looking over [illumination], while the last mini-book will be devoid of the Wardens of Light since it's at Madrigal, it should be fairly easy to have the Wardens of Light to feature prominently in the latter half of Book 7A and all of 7B since it'll fall on their shoulders to protect the Loyalists as they fall back to Sol. 

Also, since I haven't seen significant pushback on replacing Iyacrax, I think we'll go ahead and do that. So, instead of this huge, attritional campaign, we'll be portraying a massive strike force with Andezo leading the Predators to make a stealth attack behind Traitor Lines to rescue Azus. 

EDIT: Looking at the Forgeworld books, the first three HH are sometimes referred to as the Isstvan Trilogy. So, while the books themselves tend to have these thematic, big idea names, the names of the trilogies were leaning to the practical side.

Perhaps, in a reverse, each mini-book is simply named after its primary campaign or battle since most readers will be unfamiliar with the names we're introducing.

Edited by simison

• 2 months later...

After some discussion on Discord and Talonair's assent, it has come to my attention that the early third of the Insurrection hasn't received enough support, especially with important campaigns like the Martian Civil War and the Battle of the Forge.

Thus, I propose this revision:

Expansion
Book 2A - Martian Civil War - Factions: Abyssii, Kaban/Dark Mechanicum
Book 2B - The Comnena Cluster - Factions: Morning Stars, Void Eagles(edited)
Book 2C - Battle of Caelenia - Factions: Shepherds of Eden(edited)

Retaliation
Book 3A - Battle of the Forge - Updated Iron Bear Rules, expanded generic armoury(edited)
Book 3B - Azus' Capture - Factions: Steel Legion, Dune Serpents, Traitor Serpents(edited)
Book 3C - Andezo's Rescue - Predators(edited)

This is not adding a new trilogy of mini-books since we will be dissolving the Mechanicum-focused Trilogy 7. This is merely restructuring events and current work to better reflect the Insurrection.

I also suggest that Trilogy 5 be renamed to Defection, Secession, or Revolution

Edited by simison