Deathwatch - 27/05/20 - Star Dragon

sockwithaticket

Lovely work!

Very inspiring work. I might borrow a idea or two if you dont mind (got some anvil ind AM-rifles during the christmas sale) .  This is why I love the Deathwatch, so much scope to make unique Space Marines!

Lovely work!

Very inspiring work. I might borrow a idea or two if you dont mind (got some anvil ind AM-rifles during the christmas sale) .  This is why I love the Deathwatch, so much scope to make unique Space Marines!

Thank you very much. Yeah, go nuts. We all post here to find and hopefully provide inspiration. Interested to see what you come up with.

Angels of Fire

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner.

Fire Hawks perhaps?

Not this time, but I do have a pad waiting in the wings.

Here is the finished Angel of Fire:
927590_mb-.JPG927591_mb-.JPG
927592_mb-.JPG927589_mb-.JPG

Man, i just stumbled on your post. you have some very nice poses!

and your stalker bolter guns are very sweet indeed.

very good job overall! keep going.

Thanks Raychu, I do try to keep things interesting with the poses a marine #58712412 holding a bolter gets pretty old and I feel like DW marines should be more unique than regular marines anyhow.

I'd guess Fire Angels, but I don't see a Ghost Rider head anywhere.

Edit oh there's another page

Is there another Fire Angels chapter out there? The one I know of has no Ghost Rider-esque iconography, in fact their name is rather at odds with their scheme and chapter symbol.

Great use of Legion of the Damned bits, the flame motifs are very cool. 

Rumbled!  :lol:

But agreed, those bits really work there.  I also enjoy the reverse-handed knife pose; I don't think we see it often enough these days!

• 1 year later...

*Clears out the cobwebs*

That was a longer absence than intended, I return with a marine of the Aurora Chapter ready to begin his watch

1001383_sm-.JPG1001384_sm-.JPG1001385_sm-.JPG1001386_sm-.JPG

Reyner - thanks man, I now have to resist the temptation to overuse my LotD bits to do a bunch of flame oriented chapters.

Vel'Cona - Cheers, I love reverse grip knife holds, they just look cool. In danger of over-use, though, as I've put a couple on my INQ28 retinue members (which is partially what's kept me away from here).

Prot - Thanks a lot Indeed, that's tha challenge: keep them visually interesting in some way.

• 1 month later...

Getting back into the swing now and made a start on a couple of extra things:
1006772_sm-.JPG
1006773_sm-.JPG

Been toying around with more weapon variants too, which is half the fun of my 'Watch
1006768_sm-.JPG

Anyone know of any more chapters which this pad applies to? I've already got Brazen Claws and Red Talons, just looking to see if there are other options to consider.
http://www.bitzbox.co.uk/images/deathwatch_veterans_chapter_shoulder_pad_brazen_claws.jpg

Vel'Cona - Cheers, man. The Carbine always looked like a regular bolter variant to me, but a bit more tacticool. To my mind handle plus the ammo drum make it look like something with a bit of extra kick to take out bigger threats or to be used for suppression rather than accuracy.

• 1 month later...

Finished Star Dragon and half a Dread.

1012287_sm-.JPG
1012288_sm-.JPG
1012289_sm-.JPG

1012290_sm-.JPG

MagicMan - Thanks, there's one on the previous page of this thread. I've only added a few marines since then, so I don't know that it'd be worth doing another yet.

• 11 months later...

As usual I got a little distracted and then this whole global pandemic thing hit and I actually had to work more rather than less. Anyway, I have finished the Dread, it's occupant was a Blackshield so no chapter iconography.

1062507_sm-.jpg1062506_sm-.jpg1062505_mb-.jpg

Bjorn - thanks as ever for stopping by and leaving a kind word.

Excellent work on the Dreadnought. I'm surprised they honored a blackshield by interring him in a Dreadnought. What act of valor and self-sacrifice did the blackshield do, to convince others there is no risk of him using the Dreadnought's strength against them? (I remember the treacherous Soul Drinker Daenyathos.)