Now my Watch Begins: Finished Corvus

Ania Redfang

​So I've started building my watch force, beginning with the overkill stuff and a captain. As most of the marines are stock there isn't a lot of point showing them off, but I've converted a couple just to make the loadouts a bit more useful in game.

I also copied somewhat the Captain from White Dwarf, a breacher style captain has always been one of my favourite character types in 30/40k.

No paint yet, but here's what I hope to have by the end for games:

1 captain

3 Librarians

5 frag cannon guys

5 Stalker Bolter guys (one with Stormshield as well)

10 Boltgun/shotgun guys (with either or both as primary)

3 each of boltgun or shotgun with shield

meltagun and shield

Meltagun and Boltgun

2 CCW (blackshield/sergeant)

2 Sword and Board (or axe and board, or mace)

A couple of terminators

Rhino

Razorback

Droppod

Then just as a painting exercise and to maybe give me some variety in game

The rest of Cassius

More CCW guys

More terminators

Corvus

Bikes

Vanguard

I'm going for a shooting heavy list, with close combat weapons only really included as a last resort/deterrent to others engaging us in combat. All basic veterans will have boltgun/shotgun so long as this doesn't get FAQ'd out (and why would it?)

So with the plan in place, here is my first four guys.

WIN 20160910 21 09 10 Pro

The volkite counts as a shotgun, so the space wolf has shotgun and boltgun, the chainsword is just for show.

WIN 20160910 21 09 33 Pro

Changed up the barrel on this combi-melta, made it into a stalker/boltgun combi.

Thoughts? Next up is probably a Calth tac-squad based kill team, though I'll probably try to mix armour type in most of the units to make them seem more individual.

Edited by The Call of the Hunt

• 1 month later...

Heeyy all, so I've finally made some progress on my Watch Company (Exorcists for Armies on Parade got in the way).

I've built all my infantry that I'll need for the time being. 4 Aquila Kill Teams and one just veteran squad.

2016 10 13 22.19.02

Then I've painted one aquila along with the captain to go with them. :)

2016 11 01 21.23.52

Happy with how they came out, though I think i'll paint something else to take a break from them now, all htat blue edge highlighting gave me a headache.

Thanks for looking, hope to update sooner rather than later.

• 11 months later...

So uhh, it's been a while and a new edition since I touched my Deathwatch guys, the lack of power and limitations of the old codex really took the heart out of me wanting to play them... But now is a new day and I've booked to go to the Open War Throne of Skulls in November, and I'll be taking the Deathwatch!

Which means I have to get them finished.

The games at the event are played at 120 power, which means I have options with the loadouts of each squad. I'm not just going to take 4 frag cannons per squad, which would probably be optimal, as it's not meant to be a super competitive event, so I'm just going for a nice mix of all the models I have. 5 Kill Teams, 4 Razorbacks, Corvus, Redemptor Dreadnought, Venerable Dreadnought, Artemis and a Watch Master will round out my list.

Working on getting it all done now, here's some progress pics! 

2017 09 21 17.40.54

2017 10 06 07.25.03

2017 09 16 21.35.58

Got 10 vets, two Razorbacks and the plane left, one month to go.

Thanks for the comments :smile.:

I've finished my 120 power level force now, ready for Throne of skulls in November... Just have to get some games in before hand really, I've still not actually played 8th ed...

Full force:

2017-10-19-18.43.03.jpg

More pics here: https://redemptionminiatures.com/deathwatch-army-finished/

Next up I'm doing Genestealer Cults so these guys have someone to fight.

Very nice looking force altogether. You know I have 2 Redemptors in my Ultra's (and I don't honestly know if I would use them with my Deathwatch) but that red gun-hand with black sarcophagus looks really sharp). It's a great force you have there, you should be proud of it. You basically have your choice of nearly everything for your games, and going into the new codex you'll be set. (Unlike myself - I've been plodding slowly with my army redo).  

WoW great Army there, well done man!!! 

as Prot says the redemptor is Boss looking, it should roll 6's just cause he's so pretty :wub: 

I notice your Heavy bolters on the Corvus need some black holes painted on the barrel tips, it'd be a shame to not to go that wee bit extra on such a great looking Model...

You should be rightly proud of this finished army :cool.: 

cheers, Mithril