Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Blip on the WIP section

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

SW1

SW1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,170 posts
  • Chapter Name: Vlyka Fenryka
Looking at the sites WIP area it shows all threads as read which I haven't. The other areas have also shown some things as read which I've not looked at yet.

Is this a possible sign of instability of the data base or is there work going on in the background?

Edited by SW1, 12 September 2016 - 08:43 PM.

ETL_2013_03_Custos_Fidei_04.jpgETL_2013_Forum_Champion_05_SW.jpgETL_2013_Forum_Champion_13_Brothers_in_A

The Psycho

The Psycho

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,981 posts
  • Chapter Name: VII-284BTN

Is it possible that you accidentally marked the WIP forum as read? It's remarkably easy to do, and I've done it on several occasions, usually when viewing from my mobile, but occasionally on PC too.

SW1

SW1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,170 posts
Using an iPhone there's no option in the mobile version to do that.

ETL_2013_03_Custos_Fidei_04.jpgETL_2013_Forum_Champion_05_SW.jpgETL_2013_Forum_Champion_13_Brothers_in_A

The Psycho

The Psycho

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,981 posts
  • Chapter Name: VII-284BTN

Using an iPhone there's no option in the mobile version to do that.

There is on the mobile actually, though it's not obvious. On, say, the main page, when you look at all the different forums, next to some of them you will see a blue speech bubble like those in comics. This indicates that there's unread content in that forum. If you tap on that (which is pretty easy to do by accident) that will mark the entire forum as read.

SW1

SW1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,170 posts
Never came across that before, tried it on another section of the site and it works!!! Got to love the hidden stuff we never get to know about. Maybe I did hit that?

But it's unlikely ... I've never done it before and it happened when I pulled up the site up without going into anything. I use my right thumb for the main scrolling of sites and that option is on the far left of my screen. My left hand was scratching my nose at the time so I think we can rule out that being the case. Unless there's a hidden option found on my face? ;) :P

Think I'll just keep an eye out for it happening again.

Cheers for the info!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users