Soldier of Dorn

Just as a forewarning for you chaps: if GW actually do release Sisters of Battle, I'm sorry to say that I'll be all over them, meaning that there's a good-to-fair chance that I'll try and get Psycho to allow me to switch out my Ultramarines for them... unless they're released early next year. That'll make me be a bit more lucid. Perhaps.

Aaaaaah, plastic Sisters! :wub:

Uverons Weekly Update 1st week.

Ok, so it’s been a busy week. Sorry for not being more active, I will try and look at what everyone is posting soon!

Review of last week.

Last week was my first week of real painting, with the Iron Halo behind me I concentrated on working on the Harbingers (For the Tail of 20 Gamers, and The Rage against Salvation Event).

First up was the Vindicare Assassin, I painted the model a number of grey shades and then I used a null-oil wash to darken it, I then touched up large areas with black paint, and did some edgings with grey paint.

gallery_63905_11231_93404.jpg

Hidden Content

gallery_63905_11231_756650.jpg

I then started with Sniper Scouts. Took a bit of time to get become happy with the Ivory and the browns of the Cameo Cloaks. Mostly happy with the models now I realized I hated the flesh tones with the browns and the Ivories so I decided at the last min to replace the sergeants head (hence the photo of the head on a sprue).

Hidden Content

gallery_63905_11231_187548.jpg

gallery_63905_11231_566051.jpg

gallery_63905_11231_404086.jpg

gallery_63905_11231_729930.jpg

Finally I also finished putting together and magnetizing my Baal Predator (Only Magnetized the Turret, going to stick the Heavy bolters on the model once painted).

gallery_63905_11231_764163.jpg

Plans for this week.

I think I plan on adding some battle damage to the amour of the scouts, it’s something I will not do as much with the Tactical Marines, or Terminators but the Scouts I want to have the appearance of a unit that’s been deployed for some time, so will have a dirtier bust-up look. But should have this unit finished by the end of the week so I should be able to wrap up my October Vow. (I then will do the next part of my Call of Chaos Vow, before seeing about painting another unit for this event).

Also I need to work out how to fix this heavy bolter, was trying to drill out the barrel and then I slipped and managed to ‘blow it out’… Have to put my thinking hat on.

gallery_63905_11231_366017.jpg

If anyone had any questions, or comments, advice please let me know!

[basicheader=]Brother SP's Weekly Update - 1.1[/basicheader]

This Week:

Okay so no need to rehash the issues I have had this week here. Thanks all for your support and care. It is a difficult time but we are all getting there. On the hobby front this has been a productive week. In fact probably the most productive week I have ever had in my fifteen odd years in the hobby. The forges of the Schemeatorium have been busy and I am proud to present the all but finished first combat squad of Tactical Squad Xeron.

gallery_36568_9971_198047.jpg

As usual close up photos show flaws that I hadn't noticed before. That and some flaws that I swear aren't there (the red on the aiming guys eye). That and I really have to repaint the Company numeral of the same guys knee. So they are squad IV of the V Company. But they are getting better and hopefully by the end of the army I will be producing some good looking guys. I also picked up some cork for basing but not sure if its going to work the way I want.

Next Week:

Well the rest of Squad Xeron are waiting for paint. I hope to get another one or two guys done in the next couple of days. I would love if I can finish the rest of the squad done but I am not holding my breath. Besides still have plenty of time. The next few guys are pretty simple though (other then the heavy bolter guy) so who knows... Bases will come at the end of the month). I am really looking forward to getting this months commitment done, however, and then I have a Firespear Strike Force done and may actually get my first game in in about seven years. At this rate I may even sneak though one of the guys for next months commitment too.

Looking good gents! I only managed some unrelated modelling and bashing. Gotta get myself motivated for the drop pod. Honestly, the drop pods will probably get very basic painting, as I don't own an air brush and refuse to spend a week or more on one.

Eidolon’s Weekly Update (Week 2)

Folks,

Well thanks to the delights of the Aussie climate I was busy on Sunday and Monday with storm clear up duties. How on Earth anyone settled this country is beyond me. This scuppered my plans to update on Sunday, but hey ho, at least no tree crashed through my roof!!

Review of Last Week.

Well firstly I had the following treats off the other half….

http://i63.tinypic.com/vzbygi.jpg

This may well result in the list changing; how can I not put some paint on a birthday gift…..

So, I’ve been having a break from the dreaded Storm Eagle just to preserve my sanity.

As is my way, I’ve kind of ignored the plan with the painting, but you really need to go with the flow. As you can see, Ancient Kurama is coming along nicely, credit to Kizzdougs as I’ve kind of ripped off his Deredeo. I am thinking I will magnetise the head and go for two options, the EC head and a ‘Kakophoni’ head! I have actually decided I quite like a different head… so if anyone has this and wants to trade, please PM me.

http://i68.tinypic.com/2vaeasj.jpg

I’ve added some etched brass and put some studs on the other leg. I’ve got the scrollwork attached and have filled the gaps where I’ve stuck the pressmoulded scroll. I’ve also tidied up a few of the joints around the magnets and ball joints.

http://i63.tinypic.com/ka2srk.jpg

It’ll be fun to get some paint on this bad boy!!

I have however got some pink down on the Speeder and Praetor, in addition to some more tactical marines!

http://i68.tinypic.com/2e2f5n6.jpg

Plans for this Week.

Not quite sure if the parade board will be a goer, but you never know. I’ve a few ideas knocking around, but I fear I might be overly ambitious! We shall see how it goes tomorrow!!

Hopefully I can get something more done on the praetor, apothecary and speeder this week. I should have a free day or so to make some progress.

Future Prep.

I should finish up work on the deredeo, maybe a little more bling. Still searching for any bits that ‘hint’ at corruption, my Dark Eldar/Elf bits didn’t seem to hit the spot sadly.

I’m also plotting a few things for my proposed Seekers, as I think it’d be cool to give Tarvtiz some buddies!!

Looking good everyone smile.png

Pyro - have you considered a light drybrush of the lighter green you're looking for, if you're not so keen on the idea of edge highlighting? I think it could come out how you want, but I'm not entirely sure what end colour you're aiming for. Nonetheless, they're coming along well biggrin.png

Uveron - some nice scouts ya got there. Always liked seeing scion heads on scouts, just...fit. RE the heavy bolter, I'd go with a tiny tiny bit of GS.

Brother SP - Sorry for your loss, thoughts are with you. On the hobby side it's impressive though, the red with highlights is very good. "and hopefully by the end of the army I will be producing some good looking guys" you're already getting there msn-wink.gif

Eidolon - cool idea for using a Helbrute head on a deredo, interested to see how it comes out. Some lovely modelling additions as well, look forward to seeing it finished
Aeternas' non-weekly update - part (?)
Another raptor down, and the bases for the remaining 3 are fully built. Two more with rocks, one with a marine getting jumped on. Having had a look at half the models I've vowed for this, and realising I also meant them for AoP at the end of this week, we might see a rather rapid progression of painting now tongue.png
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One can tell a lot about a world from it's language. From the harsh gutteral phrases of Cthonic dialects to the rough sounds of Fenrisian clan-talk, each of the legions had their own quirks and uniqueness.
Nostraman was one such language.
There is no word for forgiveness in Nostraman, from what I've gathered in my time with the VIIIth legion.
From the upper spire-born to the street dwellers and petty criminals, it does not exist.
The closest phrase I've been able to gather does not have a solid translation, as with most words. Rather it may be read a multitude of different ways, depending on to whom, when, and whom from.
"Se'morithalla"
"The crimes of the past in future paid"
"Sands of life to run out in time"
But by far, the simplest translation is thus
"A blade yet to fall"
There is no word for forgiveness in Nostraman
Only for the delayal of revenge
-Except from Lexicon of the Legions (v.2.6) - Iterator Baltazar
http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w376/Aeternas/Raptor21_zpsfwhuko4g.jpghttp://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w376/Aeternas/Raptor22_zpsf0fru4qt.jpghttp://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w376/Aeternas/Raptor23_zpsexyrd63y.jpg

As usual close up photos show flaws that I hadn't noticed before. That and some flaws that I swear aren't there (the red on the aiming guys eye). That and I really have to repaint the Company numeral of the same guys knee. So they are squad IV of the V Company. But they are getting better and hopefully by the end of the army I will be producing some good looking guys. I also picked up some cork for basing but not sure if its going to work the way I want.

Next Week:

Well the rest of Squad Xeron are waiting for paint. I hope to get another one or two guys done in the next couple of days. I would love if I can finish the rest of the squad done but I am not holding my breath. Besides still have plenty of time. The next few guys are pretty simple though (other then the heavy bolter guy) so who knows... Bases will come at the end of the month). I am really looking forward to getting this months commitment done, however, and then I have a Firespear Strike Force done and may actually get my first game in in about seven years. At this rate I may even sneak though one of the guys for next months commitment too.

The Marines are looking Great, Photos always show up odd flaws in models; well for me at least. I think what you are seeing with the 'Red' on the eye may be paint on the helmet that isn't 100% flat and a small bump makes it look like its in the eye.

But they are Great, cannot wait to see more.

@Uveron do you have any styrene tubing or have a model train store nearby? easiest barrel replacement ever our there's always the GS option.

I think I will be trying the GS option first, I do have a spare pare of Heavy Bolters from the standard Pred-kit, but its not a perfect fit. What I think I need is some new Drill-Bits with other sizes as I think the one I was using was a faction to large.

Looking good gents! I only managed some unrelated modelling and bashing. Gotta get myself motivated for the drop pod. Honestly, the drop pods will probably get very basic painting, as I don't own an air brush and refuse to spend a week or more on one.

Do you have a Spray Paint? You can save alot of time using more than one can of spay just spray from different distances and it will help build 'Air-brush' like effects. I have yet to paint a drop pod.. I want to spend time on them I know they are only 35pts. But they will sit on the table a lot of time so i can justify trying to make them look cool.

Anyhow, good luck finding motivation!

As is my way, I’ve kind of ignored the plan with the painting, but you really need to go with the flow. As you can see, Ancient Kurama is coming along nicely, credit to Kizzdougs as I’ve kind of ripped off his Deredeo. I am thinking I will magnetise the head and go for two options, the EC head and a ‘Kakophoni’ head! I have actually decided I quite like a different head… so if anyone has this and wants to trade, please PM me.

Wow that Dreds is looking cool! I think I have spare version of that head in my Bitz Box, will not be able to check until Friday. Let me know if you dont find one and I will see if I can find it!

Another raptor down, and the bases for the remaining 3 are fully built. Two more with rocks, one with a marine getting jumped on. Having had a look at half the models I've vowed for this, and realising I also meant them for AoP at the end of this week, we might see a rather rapid progression of painting now tongue.png

Looking Great, a little more blood than normally seen on the model but they are looking fantastic! .

Sub-Weekly update.

Got some more work done on my scouts, found a highlight color for the bone Armour. What do lot think?

gallery_63905_11231_966178.jpg

@Aeternus: Lord I would hate to see whats left of the guys your marines have been fighting.  I imagine it would be... messy...  In saying that though they are Night Lords so that much blood is somewhat appropriate.  Looking good.  Also that fluff, exquisite.

@ Uveron: Damn you for making me want to paint scouts.  Might have to get cracking on things to maybe squeeze in some as an extra at some stage.  And although I have never liked the Scion heads on Scouts you have pulled it off nicely.

So feeling a little bit of burnout as I come to painting the next two tacticals, as to be expected with the week I have had.  Might paint some of the Dread as I go, just to break things up as I go.

This weekend I've almost broke the embargo I set myself on anymore model purchases. The human looking GSC models with scions heads would make great Carapace Armoured troops for my =][=.

Lol ... So much Heresy!!!!

Planning on getting some more painting done over the next few days as I'm not back on shift at work till the weekend.

Also I need to work out how to fix this heavy bolter, was trying to drill out the barrel and then I slipped and managed to ‘blow it out’… Have to put my thinking hat on.

gallery_63905_11231_366017.jpg

If anyone had any questions, or comments, advice please let me know!

Wrapping round a strip of styrene might help fix it, you could then fill it and re drill it.... I can check my bits box, I'm pretty sure I have one that game in a bag O bits!

Great work on the Scouts, I've often thought about the need for some EC ones, but never really figured a way to make them look the part. I really like the armour, but the cloaks really sell it to me!

Please do have a look for the head; I'm not seeing it on ebay anywhere!

Are all these bad boys going to be a walking bloodbath? Love the fluff, very Nostraman!! happy.png

This Week:

Okay so no need to rehash the issues I have had this week here. Thanks all for your support and care. It is a difficult time but we are all getting there. On the hobby front this has been a productive week. In fact probably the most productive week I have ever had in my fifteen odd years in the hobby. The forges of the Schemeatorium have been busy and I am proud to present the all but finished first combat squad of Tactical Squad Xeron.

Looking good there mate, I had to double take that they weren't Word Bearers though....I've found the hobby a good distraction in tough times!

The test Priest is completed and based up. Will have proper internet access later so will post pics then.

The other 9 Priests have had a few dirty base layers of browns drybrushed over them, the flesh blocked in and a wash all over.

Here's the models I managed to do last night. The need a few bits finishing but I'll do them when the others are at the same point:

gallery_25187_11316_265572.jpg

I did a little extra on the Inquisitor after a few comments about no sign of the =][= iconography on the model at all. So I now have a faint icon on the book which shows more under some lights than others:

gallery_25187_11316_42383.jpg

Then there's the Priests, the blown up pics and harsh bright light shows a few flaws and marks some of the shading look a lot more harsh/sloppy than it looks to the naked eye:

gallery_25187_11316_137015.jpg

gallery_25187_11316_349956.jpg

gallery_25187_11316_387775.jpg

gallery_25187_11316_9867.jpg

More pics can be found in my album: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/album/11316-sw1s-inquisition/

So I've been working on my Tactical Squad slowly. I've done the robes, which I thought might be a bigger issue than they actually were, and just need to start highlighting the green. The Rhino was something I wasn't looking forward to, but I'm really happy with how it's looking so far, and ideally I'll have the squad mostly finished by next week. I apologise for the poor quality photos, hopefully I'll be able to set something better up soon smile.png

20161013_163817.jpg

20161013_164034.jpg

20161013_163959.jpg

20161013_163917.jpg

20161013_163859.jpg

The weathers meant to start getting a bit rubbish soon so along with painting the Priests I'm going to start undercoating the next lot.

Really struggling to get hold of different chapters TDA pads so it looks like I'm going to need to do a fair bit of gs'ing. I've done an Angels of Fire pad and one of my own home brew chapter I came up with as a kid but never got around to doing.

Everything is coming along really well so far you guys are making me feel like a slacker. As long as I don't have any more family drama or emergencies I should be able to get quite a bit done this weekend. So far this week I did get a little bit of work done in the short time I've had each night I tried what Aeternas suggested with my highlights and tried drybrushing the raised areas of the armour but it just came out like a fuzzy edge highlight. So I think it's a technique I'm gonna need to practice a bit but i plan on weathering these guys pretty heavily so that should help cover the spots I'm not super thrilled about.

20161013_223923.jpgimage hosting gif

I also decided I'm going to paint hazard stripes on the armour over the exhausts. As I'm assuming they probably get quite warm and I thought it might help give a little contrast from the dark green. I also decided to do the same on the bases of the claw blades. unfortunately now I think it might be too much and it's gonna look out of place on the green but maybe if I chip and weather the yellow paint enough it won't? If any of you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them.

20161013_223917.jpgtemporary image hosting

I've also decided to go a different route with the drake hides which is why they're that sickly yellow color which they won't be staying . Basically I've been doing a lot of experimenting trying to branch out from the things I usually do so the likelihood of things being stripped and repainted is pretty strong.

Lots of great updates here fellas! I've been dabbling with the Lancer on and off in between the last two tanks for my SoH, he is now ready for weathering and oils which I hope to do later today...

gallery_81212_9961_554333.jpg

Keep it up guys!

Inquisitor Elene Amigos was watching her visitors disembark from their shuttles. It was identical to the one she herself had save a few minor changes. Looking at the first group, she narrowed her eyes slightly, amused at the arrogant swagger the leader had. It was well deserved, to a point, the tall woman in elegant power armour was very good at her job. Zooming in to get a closer look, Amigos noticed a little grey in the bouffant hair around the temples. Juvenat can solve a lot of issues when getting older, including grey hair, but she knew the woman let that go for effect. It accentuated her features, a striking woman of 6 feet, her rouged lips a distraction when not used to proclaim judgement on her foes. Behind her she could see five hulking Guardsmen, their armour was well maintained, but worn. They had a grim look about them, seeing too much, forgetting not enough. The leader had a great coat in colours signifying that they were once from a Scions regiment.

Interesting.

Turning to the other woman, she had already arrived at the reception area of the shuttle bay. And was impatient. Her face would normally betray no emotion at all, but she knew whom she was dealing with and it irked her to have to work with both the other visitor and Amigos.

I mustn't take too much pleasure in this..., mused Amigos. But still...

Rising from her leather recliner, she straightened her Bustle. In any other circumstances, she would have worn Power Armour, knowing the reactions of the two in the shuttle bay. But this was her home and despite the fact that the three truly hated each other, they would not go as far as to attempt her murder within this building.

Not overtly in any case.

Passing a mirror, she noticed a touch of grey to her hair, a white streak in a pleasing arrangement that made her look distinguished, regal even.

Well, here we go...

"Where is she?!" Snarled the first woman, an act. Her demeanour was calm beneath, but a Power Armoured member of the Inquisition was not to be ignored. "I wish to get this business completed and be away from here!"

"Indeed", the second woman scoffed. Her entourage consisted of some Death Cult Assassins, their attention darting to every movement in the room. They were picking targets, assessing their lethality, and the most effective way of neutralising it. The tension mounted, a deliberate pause by their host.

Finally the bay doors opened and Elene Amigos walked through with her own Entourage. Bekka her second and Lex Gummn her pilot and wet worker were close behind, and like her were wearing civilian clothes. Lex looked uncomfortable in his collared shirt, preferring to wear his old Guard uniform. It allowed him to do his dirty, necessary work unhindered, but Amigos insisted. A show of complete confidence was required, to show her guests that she was not intimidated.

Nodding to both women, Amigos then turned to her companions.

"Bekka, Lex. Allow me to introduce you to our future allies.

"Inquisitor Cyrene Amigos of the Ordos Xenos, and Inquisitor Jocasta Amigos of the Ordos Malleus. My triplet Sisters..."

med_gallery_51296_8390_670335.jpg

Welcome to my introduction! I would have liked to have started far earlier than this, but I've had far too much real life stuff to have to deal with and I've also had to wait for some of the above models to arrive laugh.png I still have some models yet to order for my list, but as I'm starting with the above, that isn't an issue at present.

Here is the list I'm working on:

Inquisition plus Sisters allies - 1500 pts (1501pts)
Inquisition: Codex (2013) (Combined Arms Detachment)

HQ
Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor
Condemnor Boltgun, Power Armour, Power Sword, Psyker (Mastery Level 1), Psyocculum, Servo Skulls

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor
Psybolt Ammunition, Psyker (Mastery Level 1), Servo Skulls, Warlord
Power Armour
Hellrifle, Power Sword

Elites
Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband
6x Death Cult Assassin
Rhino
Dozer Blade, Extra Armour

Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband
Acolyte
Bolter, Flak Armour, Hot Shot Lasgun
Acolyte
Acolyte
Acolyte
Acolyte
Acolyte
Razorback
Dozer Blade, Extra Armour, Twin Linked Lascannon

Adepta Sororitas: Codex (2013) (Combined Arms Detachment)

HQ
Canoness
Condemnor Boltgun, Power Sword, Rosarius, The Mantle of Ophelia

Elites
Repentia Squad
Mistress of Repentance, 5x Sister Repentia
Sororitas Rhino
Dozer Blade, Extra Amour

Troops
Battle Sister Squad
7x Battle Sister
Sister Superior
Boltgun, Power Sword, Upgrade to Veteran Sister Superior
Sororitas Rhino
Dozer Blade, Extra Amour

Battle Sister Squad
7x Battle Sister
Sister Superior
Bolt gun, Power Sword, Upgrade to Veteran Sister Superior

Fast Attack
Seraphim Squad
5x Seraphim, Seraphim with Two Hand Flamers, Seraphim with Two Hand Flamers
Seraphim Superior
Plasma Pistol, Power Sword

Heavy Support
Retributor Squad
4x Retributor, 4x Retributor with Heavy Flamer
Retributor Superior
Chainsword, Plasma Pistol, Upgrade to Veteran Retributor Superior
Sororitas Rhino
Dozer Blade, Extra Amour

You'll notice that one Inquisitor is not on the list. I will add her in once I've worked out her points cost (along with her retinue, which I haven't completely decided on yet), which should be in the next day or so.

Apologies for leaving this so late, but things happen and you have to deal with it laugh.png

I've had myself a busy day working on seeker squad Seren.

20161015_224009.jpghow to use print screen

20161015_224014.jpgfree photo upload

I think they're coming out pretty close to how I imagined them sorta like salamanders who've been hanging out on Nostramo. My goal for tomorrow is to get these guys finished but that may prove overly ambitious though.

Everything is looking killer so far everyone! Anyone else been salivating over that prospero box contemplating possible list changes?

Eidolon’s Weekly Update (Week 3)

Folks,

Well another week down, time flies when you are having fun ……

Review of Last Week.

Well as is my way, I completely avoid painting what I should be painting this week, good job I’ve only actually pledged 3 things….

Anyway, I decided to do my damnedest to get an Armies on Parade entry on the go, using my ETL stuff and my proposed 10 man tac squad!! So, please increase this months pledge to include 10 man tac squad at 195pts!!

This is what the board looked like on Thursday….

http://i65.tinypic.com/2vi3wv8.jpg

Here it was by Friday afternoon; quite enjoyed the building of the terrain, takes me back to making Elf towers from pringle tubes….. The worst part of this was waiting for stuff to dry, and painting the bloody Shrine of the Aquilla to go with it ….. Sadly no WIPS of that, as it was a literal paint as fast as you can thing…..

http://i66.tinypic.com/1222369.jpg

I kind of blitzed through the tacticals, alas 10men in a few days was a bit much, I reckon I could have got 8 done, if I’d rushed them, but with the board and the shrine I was losing the will to live! So I got 5 done to a standard I was happy with, and have 3 more almost done. Here’s a bit of WIP action.

http://i65.tinypic.com/23it6yb.jpg

And now, without further ado…..

http://i63.tinypic.com/ejzj9x.jpg

I did indeed get the board finished, and army more or less sorted. Couldn’t get the termies based and I need to re-do them in any event…. So we have 1 Xiphon, 1 Blackstar (Storm Eagle), 5 Tac Support, 5 Tacticals, 1 Apothecary and patient, 1  Contemptor,1 Rhino, 1 Sicaran, led by Saul Tarvitz….

Here are my 5 tacticals, providing cover for the Apothecary…

http://i65.tinypic.com/jsk6kp.jpg

Ended up 3rd, somewhat appropriate given the Legions.... Have to say I'm a little miffed I didn't place higher, I thought myself a lot better than the 2nd place, both interns of effort on the board, quality of painting etc... Oh well, I've been shown to be imperfect and must now fall on my sword.....

http://i66.tinypic.com/smd991.jpg

Oh well, not a bad effort for my first attempt, shall have to do better….

Plans for this Week.

Not quite sure now, had a bit of hobby related burn out after all that!! I think I will try to push on and finish the tactical squad off, as they are almost done.

I will also look at doing something with the land speeder; I am thinking a stripe somewhere. I’d like to do something like the heresy card game art, so black would be a spot colour. I am thinking I will get the multi melta on the bottom and try figure out how to put a gravitron gun as a pintle mount….

Future Prep.

I’m still working on the Deredeo, perhaps a little tidying here and there. I don’t think there is much more brass etch I can put on… but you never know. Still need to figure out how to make it look partially corrupted.

I’ve also pulled apart and stripped down several of my old veterans and Sergeant Heinrich!! They weren’t pink enough for my tastes…. These guys will get re-do at somepoint.

Archived