Soldier of Dorn

Eidolon’s Weekly Update (Week 5)

Folks,

Well another week down and the deadline for the first vow is looming….

Review of Last Week.

I’ve been plodding along with my tactical squad… you know the one I thought I’d just do in a couple of days for AoP!! The good news here though is that I’ve managed to get 4 more done to the point of basing; so the squad will now sit at 9! The Sgt is causing me grief, think I need to do something else with him, not quite sure the pose works…..I’ll post him later…. As I’ll have to go take more photos!!

Here’s a few WIPs including a sneak peak of the Apothecary….

http://i63.tinypic.com/30wo5z5.jpg

http://i68.tinypic.com/2mmemoz.jpg

I am thinking I’ll do the knee pads white on the Apothecary, as it’ll break up the pink, I better find out where I put the vials for his belt!!

And this is my favourite

http://i63.tinypic.com/2n9dd2r.jpg

Still need to figure out where to put stripes and which bits to paint black; will just have to bite the bullet and spend a few hours on it!

Plans for this Week.

I’ll make a concerted effort get the Tactical’s all done; even with the annoyance with the Sgt. I also reckon I might be able to get the Apothecary done – I have a day off tomorrow, so might get some serious progress! Or maybe I wont….

I really don’t think the Speeder will get done, and the Praetor is sadly a lost cause, so the first month will be a failure! Still I did have fun lighting a storm eagle and making a fully poseable dreadnaught! 

Future Prep.

I’ll be picking up the Burning of Prospero tomorrow, so that’s going to totally wreck lists and plans! EC  Tartaros Terminators may well be a distinct possibility…. And I do have my lovely gift of a Proteus to build!

Well, it was a bit of a slog, but I've completed my vow for this month. It's the first Rhino I've painted fully in a long, long time, and I thought it would be a pain to do, but it was actually rather easy and an actual joy to paint. The Marines seemed to just be half finished no matter what I did until last week, where I had a painting frezy and just smashed them out. The company markings need highlighting, as does a gem on one Marine's shoulder pad, and the Grav Cannon base needs a bit of detail painted, but I'm happy to call the unit done :)

20161030_140413.jpg

20161030_140254.jpg

20161030_140238.jpg

20161030_140204.jpg

20161030_140030.jpg

Right, updated to this point. Big fan of that Tactical Sergeant, kobrakei, and a warm welcome to Brother Androcles back to the fold. That's a nice Captain, mate. :tu:

As for myself, Dosjetka, I'm sure, is going to be giving me flak for this, but there's no chance of my completing this month. It's been a very busy month for me, and I just really haven't been feeling motivated either to do any hobbying. Never actually finished building my Seekers, and seeing as how I'm busy tonight and tomorrow I will have to save them for next month, and redouble my efforts in the challenge. Thankfully, Prospero has fanned the spark of my motivation quite a bit, so I should be able to paint/assemble quite a fair bit of stuff.

I mean, how sexy is this stuff?

med_gallery_78067_12186_413508.jpg

Anyways, really excited about progress. Going to try and get everything for my army just built over the next month, and paint at least 1000~ points or thereabouts to get back on track, which shouldn't be too hard if I actually spend a little time on things. Also going to try and rejig my list a little bit. I'm afraid I'm going to be setting the Recon squad idea aside for the time being, as I just can't quite get my ideas down into plastic, and bump up the Tactical Squads to 20 men each. Will figure out what to do with the rest of the extra points when the time comes.

Cheers!

Obscura: You'll survive. tongue.png

That's the problem! :(

Got more progress on my one dude, waiting on the paint to dry so I can add more layers of color.

I'm aiming for a darker purple with my EC.

I've got plans to finish the base on the Lancer tonight and to get on to the armour panels. What Knight should I do next? I have an Atrapos, Castigator, Acheron or Magaera to do.

"You should do a painting challenge, it'll be fun, you'll get progress on your army. . ."

" :cuss you past Obscura, you put me in this mess."

gallery_38135_11679_473513.jpeg

Still building up subtle layering, but at least the cream color came out nicely on the shoulder pads.

Nine. . . Ten. . . never sleep again

Great progress guys. 

@ Kurama: NO. Paint for the paint god! 

@ Psycho: I knw right - BoP got my fires all burning - but for chaos. It's more of a distraction to me. I just vowed six units in the Call of Chaos thread...

@ Obscura: That purple of yours is stunning, as is the cream. Recipes?

I can't wait for November to start, as I have been building the second half of the devastator squad, as well as a second bike squad, and want to start painting. 

I'll do a proper vow post with pics and all once I'm back from holiday but I'll probably be vowing to finish this month's models and then my Champion Centurion. Should be do-able. I'll also have to finish assembling some Tactical Marines so that they're ready to be vowed.

Anyway, great to see more progress from people. :tu:

@Augustus - Cream: 1 Citadel Dry Tyrant Skull to 1 Citadel Devlan Mud

- Purple: Army Painter Alien Purple with a really watered down layer of Asurmen Blue

*Rolls around in Kurama's painting and building misery like it's a warm blanket on a cold morning day*

This nourishes me, precious.

In preparation for proper painting I've spent yesterday going through my paints. Decanting several part pots of each colour into a few full pots making sure they're not drying out. The main aim was to check I have some black paint knocking around and it seems I have half a pot left which is better than the 6 empty pots I seemed to be left with before I started. I was also planning on buying more silver metallics but once more I managed to rescue a good range of metallics.

I've worked through the full colour spectrum and am just left with the poo colours (browns) to have the job finished. Hmmm ... I'll probably find another box of paints before I'm through.

That should be done today (as long as I don't locate more paints) which will nicely set me up for cracking on with the painting of Novembers models.

Lol ... I just need to decide what's going to be painted for November which is a bit more of a challenge as I've left my DW codex somewhere in the house.

I may end up pledging models without a points value and fill that in once I've located the blasted thing. ;)

My Gold and Bronze pots are empty/dried out.

:cuss x 1000

gallery_38135_11679_400447.jpeg

Guess I'm getting those early tomorrow to finish this pledge for the month before time runs out.

What has two thumbs and does :cuss at the last minute?

Ok... Updates do happen- here's a sallie hanging with the boys in yellow at the gates ready to defend his honor(and I got tired onpaintin yellow)

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i444/Default75/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpskaurlntr.jpeg

And another apothecary for my troops- this guys heavily armored as he is attached to a front line anti-Sapper squad.

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i444/Default75/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsglrjxf2q.jpeg

And here's a shot of some of the other brothers of the tactical squadhttp://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i444/Default75/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsxyamoxbl.jpeg

Uverons Weekly Update 4th week.

Review of Last Week.

A lot of last week was spent working on my Call of Chaos Vow, and writing some fluff for my chapter (Check it out here), I am still trying to name all my marines you can see that list HERE and it would be great if everyone reading this can join in and help me pick some names.

So other than that, I finished up my Scouts which means I can..

I Declare my VOW COMPLETE!

I, Uveron vow on the honor of all of the Sons of Sanguinius, to paint a Unit of 5 Space Marine Scouts for a Total of 55pts

gallery_63905_11231_392589.jpg

Hidden Content

gallery_63905_11231_136777.jpggallery_63905_11231_752192.jpg

gallery_63905_11231_144188.jpg

I am very happy with this squad, they painted quickly, I may need to revisit some highlights (The Grenades look like they may need a re-touch ) but that will happen later once I have some power-armored squads complete. I think at this point I need make sure that the painting schemes match, and look cohesive.

But despite that I am happy with them, they look a lot ‘cleaner’ than my Chaos forces, but I do think the bases allows them to tie together quite well.

Plans for this Week!

Tomorrow I will place my November Vow. Still playing around with the actual numbers, but I think we are looking at a combat squad of marines, and then another Assassin. May not be quite 250pts but given that October was a +300pt month I think I can spare a few points and not lose ground.

I still have one big tank to get finished for the Call of Chaos, but this week I have some free time as the holidays are almost here so I may be able to get a 2nd vow in again… maybe a HQ..

Gentlemen, I am sorry to report that real life crept up, and my vow for this month will have to be recorded as incomplete. I'm fixing to start charging Papa Nurgle rent for as often as he visits. I will have to figure out my vow for tomorrow and how to wrap up what's left over from this month with it.

Archived