Soldier of Dorn

@ Uveron: I think they look pretty darn good. It also looks like a fairly efficient recipe, in that it won't take too much time - perfect for painting armies! You asked for feedback, so I have two points: The first is the eye lenses. You made them red, but as red is very close to purple on the colour wheel, the contrast could be better. I'd suggest doing the eyes in green. The second point is the gold. You now do it with bronze and then a metal highlight. It might be the low contrast setting on your camera, but I'd thinnk of a way to make the contrast between the bone armour and the gold details pop a little more. I'm not sure how, though, as I understand your reasoning behind the bronze colour over gold. 

@Augustus b'Raass: Thanks for the speedy feedback. I had thought about Green with the eyes, but I use Green on the bases and Iam trying with my power armored units to have no color repeat from the base and the model.  To give the feel of a Alien/Angelic beeing. So that's why I made the choice to go with the Red, but I plan on walking to towards the Orange more than Dark Red, I am just using it as a base. 

As for the Bronze, I havent painted the Gold yet, and I think the plan will be to hit it up with shining gold, and then put a very carfuel wash around the edge of the gold and the bone to create a bit of a outline between the two. But Yes it's a bit of worry about how I am going to pull it off. 

Orange might contrast with the bone colour even less than red... You could try for another type of green on the lenses as opposed to the green on the base? If you absolutely want to avoid green, I'd go for either red or bright blue (as dark blue wouldn't contrast with purple. :tu: Also: do I  understand correctly that you're having gold and bronze details? 

Orange might contrast with the bone colour even less than red... You could try for another type of green on the lenses as opposed to the green on the base? If you absolutely want to avoid green, I'd go for either red or bright blue (as dark blue wouldn't contrast with purple. thumbsup.gif Also: do I understand correctly that you're having gold and bronze details?

I can see that... I will give more thought about Green. I think I can paint over and change the plan, It will be the weekend before I can do that as my Green paints are not with me. But I will give it a go.

@Uveron HOLY FREAKING EMPEROR those marines are fantastic I have to agree with Augustus on the eye lenses though I think green would work better with your color scheme even with red they still look awesome.

Thanks! I think I have been convinced on the Green Eyes. My thought is now if I should go back and change my scouts to match.

gallery_38135_11679_451582.jpeg

I decided to challenge myself with an additional plastic dude man, because let's add more to your plate when you barely did one guy last month and that was at the last possible minute.

That Obscura guy is really smart. . .

Leadership material. . .

Ok, time to get back on the wagon. My vow for November, including finishing October, is a Lone Wolf with Frost Axe and Fenrisian Wolves for 71 points.

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah7/codyrstuart/20161102_211038_zpsjehzwpjo.jpg

No worries, the wolves will be repainted and rebased. Small vow to let me catch up, and to get some non-To20H stuff out of the way.

I, Dosjetka, vow to catch up on my delay and finish painting one five-man Fulmentarus Terminator Strike Squad and one Legion Apothecary. In addition to this, I vow to paint one Legion Champion as my November unit. The total worth of these units is 575 points. I do this in the name of the XIIIth Legion, Calth, and the Tale of 20 Hobbyists. The deadline by which I must complete this task is the last day of the eleventh calendar month. Completion of this task will bring me to an complete army total of 575/1'500 points.

Current state of Fulmentarus and Apothecary:

gallery_45765_11814_291247.png

Legion Champion (has since been based and received an undercoat of black paint):

gallery_45765_11814_197173.pnggallery_45765_11814_226451.png

The next couple of weeks are going to be really busy for me with unpacking from my recent holiday, two birthdays coming up this weekend, a short stint of military service most of next week, and then a short weekend in Croatia next weekend. Not to mention keeping the Imperial Fists Expansion, Ultramar Battle Muster, and upcoming the Liber Feast of Blades going. So yeah, once I can finally pick up my brushes, over a third of the month will already have passed by... and there'll be plenty of hoops to jump through until the month is over...

*sigh*

On the bright side, I'm much more optimistic about actually being able to finish my vow this month. thumbsup.gif

Wish me luck!

@Obscura. I believe in you! The two models look great, and rember this month is Thanksgiving, just take paints and paint around the family you can get this done!

@Codyrstuart: I love that Lone wolf conversion. Though he would make a good wolf lord with a unit of BoP Terminators!

@Dosjetka: The Legion Champion is looking ace; I love the small knife behind the shield!

@SW1: Great start to the Watchmaster!

Now on to Uverons Continuing Updates!

So last night I retouched again the bone armor, but I think I have decided I need some Screaming Skull paint to add an extra tone to the armor.

gallery_63905_11231_1646015.jpg

I then added some browns to the Power armored models and started to pick out the Gold, I added a flesh shade wash to the bronze and then dry brushed with shining gold.

gallery_63905_11231_362245.jpg

Hidden Content

gallery_63905_11231_1275669.jpg

gallery_63905_11231_323595.jpg

Tonight I plan to hit up my local GW shop and grab some extra paints.

Thinking –

Golden Griffon Dry for extra tone on the Gold’s

Dechala Lilac for extra edge highlighting on the purples

And then Screaming Skull for extra tone on the Base Armor.

Let me know if people have better thoughts and other ideas!

Put some masking tape on my jetbike squad and hit them with a white from above... Would have sprayed a red brown primer over that for the glorious yellow but it was 50 degrees and mildly moist from the rains:(... Hoping for a warmer and dryer day soon before winter sets in the rest of the way.

So what do I decide to do as soon as I get hold of the Prospero box?

Mk3 DW for the win!!!

gallery_25187_12379_15202.jpg

gallery_25187_12379_41066.jpggallery_25187_12379_123150.jpggallery_25187_12379_43439.jpg

Working on pads to go with them as well ...gallery_25187_12379_180292.jpggallery_25187_12379_263710.jpggallery_25187_12379_375511.jpggallery_25187_12379_274544.jpggallery_25187_12379_124309.jpggallery_25187_12379_223479.jpg

Why those chapters? I just flicked through a codex a did the first chapters I'd not already done.

I, Dosjetka, vow to catch up on my delay and finish painting one five-man Fulmentarus Terminator Strike Squad and one Legion Apothecary. In addition to this, I vow to paint one Legion Champion as my November unit. The total worth of these units is 575 points. I do this in the name of the XIIIth Legion, Calth, and the Tale of 20 Hobbyists. The deadline by which I must complete this task is the last day of the eleventh calendar month. Completion of this task will bring me to an complete army total of 575/1'500 points.

Current state of Fulmentarus and Apothecary:

gallery_45765_11814_291247.png

Legion Champion (has since been based and received an undercoat of black paint):

gallery_45765_11814_197173.pnggallery_45765_11814_226451.png

Wow. I have to say, the blue on that is lovely. Grade A stuff. The finished termi is certainly everything and anything I expect from an Ultra, looks ace. Can't wait to see the whole squad! Not to mention them with the champion as well. Ornate, but minimal. One of the coolest models I've seen. Keep at it man :D

SW1 - Really liking the direction you're taking. The mkIII blends well with the deathwatch parts imo, and the poses certainly showcase the brutality behind some of them. Shotgun dude in particular. Though I'll be honest, they'd also make a kick-ass boarding/breaking squad ;) Nice GS skills as well :) The array of chapters you've managed now is amazing

Oh how I love Mk III armour. Cant wait till I can afford the Prospero box. Now to decide whether I can survive without my left or right kidney...

In terms of progress I have achieved absolutely nothing... Oh, I have a before shot for the assault squad:

gallery_36568_9971_108233.jpg

Not the best pic (cuts bits off) but it was a rush job. Now to hopefully find some get up and go to get these guys done as I am already falling behind what I should be.

So if it's allowed I'd like to add to my list a void shield generator.

Some of you have seen it over on FB but I'm currently away from my place to utilise photo bucket to post images.

If allowed I'd like to change this months vow to the generator but if not I'll vow it next month

This afternoon I did a little more gs'ing and did a few more pads. I also converted up an Angry Marine in mk3 with an oversized powered baseball bat ... gallery_25187_12379_333660.jpg

The baseball bat will count as a heavy thunder hammer. This is the first time I've planned out a pad and the weapon to match. Lol ... Looking forward to painting this one though looking at the pic I think I will be gs'ing the forearms to be mk3.

Might do a 5 man Vet Squad with 4 HTH's plus a blackshield with power sword and power maul.

So I've done mk3 pads for Space Sharks, Angry Marines, Storm Warriors, Flesh Eaters plus the TDA pad for the Iron Heralds.

Archived