Soldier of Dorn

I'm making it worse. . .

Motorcycles, 40/30k, Firearms and I'm looking to buy a home where the base price to own is $700k

I guess I like being poor, forever. 

On the bright side, I'm posting from my work station and started to base layer those colors.

Finally primed some stuff today. Hopefully I can paint a bit next week. Got given Borderlands 2 and the first two Mass Effect games, though, so those combined with my recent addiction to Warframe might take a bit of time away from painting. Hopefully not, though. :sweat:

I definitely didn't do any paint work this weekend either. I did do quite a bit of scratch building though I decided I wanted one of the dreads to rock a grav gun.

20161120_222959.jpg

I also put some work into the contemptor choom and thanks to Dos' friendly reminder I decided I better get cracking on finishing up that rhino you see hiding in the back. Any thoughts on the grav and choom?

Uverons Weekly Update 7th Week. (In Brief)

Short update this week, Thanksgiving is looming and I have taken the week off work, so the amount of time I have on my computer is vastly reduced. Anyhow, I was able to get the Assassin finished so I can Declare my Vow for the month COMPLETE!!

gallery_63905_11231_100220.jpg

I am working hard to finish my Call of Chaos Vow, and once that is done I may pick a HQ to try and get done in the last days of this month.

Screw it, I'll do another small vow:

I, Augustus b'Raass, vow on the honour of the Emperor, Dorn and my humble self to paint one Librarian on bike for a total of 85 points out of 2130 points before the end of this month. Failure will damn me to paint these units at a later date. ohmy.png

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/Librarian_zpsijzpo7ot.jpg

Also:

gallery_36568_9971_65143.jpg

Out of focus and too zoomed in I know but its better then before. And to follow up:

gallery_36568_9971_147530.jpg

Librarian and...

gallery_36568_9971_17653.jpg

Chaplain. Yeah I know the crozius is bent. Combination of failcast warped and I attached the head slight crooked. No matter. Too late to change now.

Was thinking of sculpting a mohawk on the chaplain. Thoughts? Especially you, Kurama, as he is names after you. And was considering adding some horns to the Librarian's various skulls to make him more Librarian-ish. But looking at the pic I think he might look that way inclined enough.

A very quick post before I leave for a weekend in a cabin in Oklahoma woods for thanksgiving.

2nd vow of the Month

I, Uveron vow on the honor of The Emperors Harbingers and all of the Sons of Sanguinius, to paint a Unit 1 Blood Angles Captain, With Artificer Armor, Digital Weapons, Power Fist and Storm Bolter for a total point cost of 150pts

gallery_63905_11231_92261.jpg

And this just happened...

gallery_36568_9971_115776.jpg

Master of Sanctity Taron Baern

Washes still drying and looks really spotty close up. Probably model I am least happy about so far but I think that is partially the models fault as it is so crowded compared to everything else so far. But for now its done (apart from bases but they will happen at some stage.)

Kurama, you can accidentally send me Fulgrim.

Please and Thank You.

Given the nature of "Thanksgiving" in AMERICA, I have been in a food coma for half of the day.

I just got home, I think I'll shuffle my miniatures around while my teeth float in gravy. 

Yeah, I don't have plans to have him in my force any time soon. Though I'd love to take a crack at trying to create a more stoic "This is where I stand, this is where you die" stance instead of the "I'm a pretty princess of death" pose he's got going on right now.

your accidents sound like the best kind of accidents ever Kurama ;) that's gonna be an epic conversion I can't wait to see it.

I had myself a busy thanksgiving since I couldn't make it to mom's house thanks to having to work today.

20161125_001837.jpg

Everything is ready for paint except the contemptor's volkite which I'm rebuilding but that's part of why I paint in pieces. So my plan for the weekend is gonna be mainly paint oriented and may even see a completion or two who knows.

My backs been playing up so I have the other 4 Custodes sat at 95% done. If I can get myself comfortable I'll give them a bash, if not I've already done 2 vows this month and will carry the Custodes over to be part of Decembers vow(s).

Archived