Soldier of Dorn

Heal up SW1, if you can get your minis done that's a bonus. Otherwise there's always next month.

Kurama, send me those extra Fulgrim bits too. Why can't we be closer? I know LGS has a ton of Mawloc bits in the "free bits bin", I'll scavenge around and try to see if I can get the tail bit for you ( not sure if it's in there ).

Good news Kurama, the LGS confirmed they have the tail bit ( it's glued together, from some abandoned conversion ) up to the Mawloc's waist. They've put it aside for me, I'll pick it up and figure out a way to ship it out to you safely.

^^^^^^^TEAMWORK LADIES AND GENTLEMAN^^^^^^

speaking of packages you ever get the bits I shipped you kurama? If so I'd definitely just recommend the using the postal service as anyone else is going to charge a small fortune especially this time of year

Well it seems as though I am going to have to fail this month, unfortunately. Not for lack of time but rather lack of paints again. Hoping to pick them up in a week or so (I live a mile away from the nearest GW). But unfortunately until then I have none of the required blues. No matter. I will just add him in to next month. Just gives me a chance to de mold line the devestators for next month.

@pyroclast91- haven't received it yet but then again haven't been home all week, I'll get one of the guys to check my mail but I'll know by next Saturday.

So now I'm hoping next Saturday once I move everything back to the big smoke and reset my hobby space I'll be doing 10 outriders for next month

It's raining right now, so no go on going outside and spray painting my plastic dude men. I was able to build a few things for my EC XXIII fluff, so at least I have that going for me.

Kurama, I snagged the thing, I think it'll work amazing for the conversion, shouldn't be difficult for you to cut it up if you plan to make the Fulgrim's lower body/tail as long as the image you provided earlier. I'll link you an image of it on FB when I can get a hold of a decent camera.

So my conversion for fulgrim is looking at being over 400 aud;

I'm looking at buying a mawloc and a Lotr Balrog (for the wings) and need a recast fulgrim for the extra arms... I think I'll save this one for ETL

Money well spent my good man.....

Well, I did paint today after a bit of a dry spell. Hopefully, it'll be enough. Would hate to fail out of my own challenge. Pictures will come on a day that I don't have to be at church early the next morning, along with an update to the list of vows.

Oh dear, I am feeling your pain...

I've pretty much finished my tac squad, but the remnants of the first vow are troubling me still! Better get a wriggle on... Oh dear

I will write up my usual update tomorrow, I've had one of those days were not much has got done, and i've ended up not that far ahead despite the best efforts!!

Haven't had time to do anything hobby related(other than order Extermination {finally}). It's been a crazy 2 weeks and the weather here has sucked-rainy and cold.

That and grandfather nurgles sinus infection has me producing copious amounts of fluids that kind of make it hard to focus:(

I have a few more days yet and hope to have Tuesday night with me brushes

All right a little update. Heres where I am with the LandRaider

med_gallery_61271_11923_1145518.jpg

med_gallery_61271_11923_686684.jpg

So a dose of Leadbelcher on all the weapons tomorrow, then a wash and some lights on tuesday/wednesday and I should squeeze in under the deadline.

Uverons Weekly Update 8th Week. (And a revisit of week 7)

Review of Last TWO weeks.

So, as I gave a very quick summary last week I thought I would give a better description of the last fortnights work.

Week 7.

I spent this week finishing the Assassin, in Week 6 I got the base color ‘Blocking’ done but I wanted to add more details. (I have shared photos of this before but I will re-include them bellow a cut). I first spent some time trying to get the Suit to look correct and adding details to the gun and the phase sword. I felt quite happy about the glowing effect I was able to get finished but the suit wasn’t quite right.

Hidden Content

gallery_63905_11231_155714.jpggallery_63905_11231_172023.jpg

I added some more depth on the model, adding some dark blues and grays and made the suit look a lot better (although the pictures doesn’t show it greatly). Though it doesn’t rank in my best models of 2016.

Hidden Content

gallery_63905_11231_100220.jpg

Anyway having her all wrapped up, and along with my Tactical squad I wrapped up my initial vow for the month.

Week 8.

Last week I spent most of the time in the Oklahoman woods for Thanksgiving (My wife’s family rents out a camp and 30-40 of us fill it for the weekend). I didn’t get much painting done as I spent far too much time sitting by a bonfire drinking beer.

But I did some painting, before I left I made a new vow and I made some progress (though delayed by the questions from the family about what I was doing!). I am painting the captain just like I painted the tactical marines. I started with some tones on the armor, and then moved to the gold gilding's and purple cloth.

gallery_63905_11231_974890.jpg

Then last night I was able to spend a bit more time working on the captain. Initial I worked on the face and hair... I wanted a paler skin than I ended up with, but I decided I needed more contrast with the armor. The same happened with my plans for blond hair, I used the paint plan described in the painting blood angels book and I ended up with something that was very close to my armor tones, so I used a bit of earthshade to give it more of a ‘dirty’ blond look. After this I started work on the gold gilding's again… got the gold tones on them now need to add some silver touches and a burnishing wash.

gallery_63905_11231_980672.jpg

Plans for this week.

I will try and get the Captain done by the end of the month. But I expect I will not finish him until the weekend. As the fine detail will need to be done under my daylight bulb lamp that is back in my home and not on my road with me.

But If I can (The Psycho?) I plan to add my Terminator Captain and the Terminator squad to the vow at the start of the month and try and make some progress to getting this lot done in the over next weekend. Looking to the future it appears that I may have a new job on the horizon which is good as it will mean more money for the hobby. But change in my day to day life will probably mean I paint a bit less than I have been doing (in the short term), so need to reflect on what exactly I want to aim to-do in December.

So November shot by huh? I got to the 10th thinking 'There's no way I'll get these guys finished!' Joke's on you past Kobrakei, cos here's my entry for the month! 250pts of the Dark Angels' finest and their little buddy :P

20161129_190614.jpg

20161129_190650.jpg

20161129_190714.jpg

I've already got my next unit planned, which should mean a nice, easy December to round the year off...probably 

Eidolon’s Weekly Update (Week 9)

Folks,

Well another week down and a slightly late update

Review of Last Week.

So, have I actually done any of my vow? Or is this another failure?

I actually knuckled down and have managed to get a fair bit of the vow done… but alas not quite all….

The 10 man MKIV Tac Squad is done and dusted, and I am pretty happy. I might go back and add some more grenades, pouches and melta bombs etc later, especially some BoP bolt pistol holsters, but for now they are done! I re-did the Sgts head last night and am much happier with the end result. I will take some half decent pics soon. But this will at least show I’ve done it….

http://i67.tinypic.com/2prehxi.jpg

The eagle eyed folk may spot a black marine and a strange elf creature….

I also bit the bullet and finished off the speeder – here it is looking a little glossy after the varnishing for the transfers. I am in two minds about leaving the crew helmets pink or painting the faceplates a different colour. I shall also add a bit of weathering at some point – but deadlines are looming….

http://i63.tinypic.com/23msvhl.jpg

Sadly the praetor isn’t yet complete, however all the base colours are down, with the exception of the cloak. I am not entirely sure of what to do with it to be honest, I was thinking black outer and a cream inner, however I am worried it might clash with the scroll work on the armour…

I want to try a few more things with edge highlighting on the armour and some effects to really push this guy, so I am not really inclined to rush him to get things finished, so he will have to roll over till next month.

Plans for this Week.

I might just add damage to the speeder, so it’s done and dusted before I forget! I will have a good sit down with the Praetor to try and get things done before moving on!

I shall then review my Army list and get cracking. I might consider adding a Thousand Son’s allied detachment, as well it’ll stop me from eating up challenge time. I really don’t think I can resist the Scarab Occult, and think I can make them very 30k!!

Future Prep.

I have been pondering and playing around with bits for my proposed Assault squad, I’ve a test guy in process, just figuring out how to make them suitably blinged up for EC. Having been dabbling with a few different Legion schemes it’ll be good to hit the pink again. I also think I need to re-do my Cataphractii from the ETL, I’ve decided they just aren’t pink enough!!

I’ve also been stripping down a very bad Drop Pod I got off eBay; it was sitting on my desk mocking me and I figured why not pull it apart,

And once again, flying by the skin of his pants, Mactire slides in just before the deadline. I'm actually starting to get pee'd off with myself at this stage, 2 months gone and I'm still leaving it to the last couple of days. This is just about giving me time to get the models done, but to be honest I'm missing the opportunities to add the little extra's that I like putting on the mini's. Oh well December will be different (he says again). Anyway here is my completed LandRaider for November's vow

med_gallery_61271_11923_833546.jpg

med_gallery_61271_11923_490528.jpg

Best of luck to all the rest of you, keep plugging away.

Well I didn't get any more painting done. Though I have managed to thin down some of my paints that we're starting to get a bit gloopy. For Crimble there has been a purchase of Bloodbowl and to pump up the order to get free postage another DW Vet Squad and DW TDA Squad are on the way. This should help with having enough pads and other bits to sort out the 100ish chapters pads I've now done. The actual TDA will likely get sidelined for now and the TDA DW pads will go on the converted DW librarians I've got stacking up waiting for DW pads.

Really thought the DW were going to be a support element initially but they've blown up into a complete army. I'm needing to source more scout shotguns and the old DW bolters to make enough shotgun/bolter and stalker/bolter marines.

So this month I'm going to finish the Custodes and then get cracking with some DW.

Gaaaah, I couldn't paint because of a bad day with my back injury yesterday, so I technically haven't finished my second November vow in time. But I'm having a better day today and getting things done. I think I'm about 75% done with the librarian on bike and will most likely be able to finish it today...! :)

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/temporary_zpsa6j01hzk.jpg

:tu:

Well it turns out my plans might have been just a tad overly ambitious :( I Ended up spending a lot more time on the contemptor trying to get his choom sorted out than I planned on and in the end I wasn't happy with it and scrapped it again so for the sake of getting Alexion finished he's getting a temporary assault cannon. After that I was up painting last nite until my vision started to blur and I couldn't stop shaking I think I turned I some time around 1am with the dreads still unfinished. They are however all at about what I'd call %90 done.

20161201_002930.jpg

20161201_003018.jpg

20161201_003054.jpg

I suppose I could have knocked out the few remaining details last nite but I just couldn't do it in good conscience knowing it wouldn't be the quality of work so these guys are gonna be a touch on the late side.

Archived