Soldier of Dorn

Whoa!!! Bleeding eyes!! That's flipping sweet!!

Aug- looking forward to seeing your Levi painted in the glorious yellow of the Fists

Got about 2 hours in again last night- tired of yellows so this time was spent working on my blood angel allies.

As always, no pics but grateful for getting 6 hours of sleep last night! No kids waking up at 3, no whining dog, no insomniac wife... it was sweet!!:)

Quick ? Everyone... do you like the blue eyes on the Blood Angels or would same green as Fists be a better contrast?

I like the blood drops being blue and realize that the blue eyes make the more drop-py dudes a lil too blue

I like either. Blue and Green are both on opposite sides of the colour wheel from red, so the contrast is the same.

Next time when you're posting miniatures, try posing them a little. :tu: Seeing them thrown in that box with the sprues made me think you were going to repaint them and that this was just a sloppy WIP picture! ohmy.png Your painted models deserve good picture, dude! Give them some TLC! wub.png

Thanks for the pic reminder Auggy... been so busy during the days that I literally have time to pull my project box from its shelf and snap a fast shot so y'all down think I'm blowing smoke that I'm painting.

I'll have time this afternoon and will break out my fancy 2 white pieces of paper photo booth:)

@ lionofjudah: Anytime, buddy! :) Seriously, I really dig the colours of both those Blood Angels and Imperial Fists you have there. They look vibrant, crisp, but worn at the same time. You've managed to make them feel alive, somehow (does that make sense). They just need some more detailing, and then they deserve good pictures! I demand to give them a proper drooling! ;) 

Eidolon’s Weekly Update (Week 11)

Review of Last Week.

Another week down and done, and thanks to an extreme tidy up of the hobby space, not that much got done.

I have however managed to start painting up some pink things….

http://i65.tinypic.com/357lgd4.jpg

I had so much fun with this fellow I decided I just had to see what they looked like bright pink…

http://i68.tinypic.com/2zh2tz7.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/11w7h37.jpg

I REALLY love the ways these guys look in EC colours, am really quite excited to get a unit of these bad boys on the go! Still very much WIP but you get the idea.

It will however mean a total rethink of my Army list – need to get my Battlescribe working!! I think this month I’ll pledge

5 Tartaros pattern Termies; no idea if they’ll be red or pink though….

I’ve also been doing some ‘test’ work on my ‘Vanguard Veteran’ style Assault Marines, my Destroyers and Sun Killers, so expect an example of each soon. I’d hoped to get them all done for previews, but sadly not. Next week hopefully!!

Plans for this Week.

I will look to get test models done for the heavy support, assault and destroyer squads done this week. Hopefully I can do the Praetor too, its mainly just fine detailing and layers/highlights on the scroll work and other details, so he’s not far off!!

Future Prep.

I’m still waiting on various parts, but ordered myself the new Lascannons for the Deredeo, so it’ll be fun to get cracking on that soon! Shall try to build up some of the Assault Marines and Destroyers to make sure I’ve the necessary bits!!

Uverons Weekly Update 10th Weekly Update.

**Please note, photos are not great this week, had some issues with over saturation sorry**

Review of Last Week.

A crazy week, during the week itself I did some trading with someone in my gaming club for some old metal raptors for a big though his bits boxes, and a Land Raider Crusader.

Hidden Content

gallery_63905_11231_152547.jpg

gallery_63905_11231_1005582.jpg

Following this I picked up the Blood Angles upgrade kit; I was able to spend Friday night putting together some models into a few units that I wanted to add to my collection. Thanks to a warm(ish) day on Saturday I was able to get these primed.

Hidden Content

gallery_63905_11231_82863.jpgDevastators with Missile Launchers.

gallery_63905_11231_599760.jpg

Assault Marines, 2 Melta-Guns and an Inferno-Pistol.

gallery_63905_11231_1218630.jpg

1 Sanguine Priest. (I do need to do some more green-stuffing on the loin cloth as it broke when building the model)

gallery_63905_11231_662153.jpg

1 Tecmarine. A quick a simple model to use when needed as a formation tax (will be painting in standard Mars-Red paint)

gallery_63905_11231_1332493.jpg

An Apothecary and Company Champion, to form the base of a command squad. (But need 3 more guys).

gallery_63905_11231_323337.jpggallery_63905_11231_43426.jpg

And finally the Land Raider, complete with commander holding storm bolter.

I then was able to get the rest of the vow finished. I was able to finish the Terminators, and both the captains. It took some time to but quite happy with the Terminators and Captain in Terminator, the Power Armored Captain does need some more work now I have looked at some photos of him.

gallery_63905_11231_262126.jpg

gallery_63905_11231_943038.jpg

gallery_63905_11231_304113.jpg

More photos bellow the cut

Hidden Content

gallery_63905_11231_895096.jpg

gallery_63905_11231_57180.jpggallery_63905_11231_891232.jpg

gallery_63905_11231_758523.jpggallery_63905_11231_565712.jpg

gallery_63905_11231_1501204.jpg

gallery_63905_11231_198584.jpg

Plans for this week.

This week I am planning for Christmas so will not be doing much painting, and I will be starting a new job shortly so not sure what my plans are going to be! But that being said, I hope that I will finish the Power Armorer Captain (well re-touch, maybe drill out the storm bolter if I feel… up to it).

I then will look at what second vow I will make, probably the drop-pod, as it’s going to be a big job to paint so taking the next fortnight to paint it could be a good plan.

Okay, so I'm back in with my December pledge,

I Mactire vow to complete by 31st of December, a 3 man TWC squad, with
3 X meltabombs
3 X StormShields
1 X PowerFist
1 X FrostAxe &
1 X Plasma Pistol for a total of 20th. Success will keep me supported by my brothers, failure will bring me shame as a Wolf.

A before pic, still on sprue

med_gallery_61271_11923_801188.jpg

Right, I'm back from my vacation, so am able to edit things properly now. The issues that were raised have been corrected, and vows for this month have been updated. :) If there's any info missing, please don't hesitate to let me know. :tu:

Need to sort through my own models before I make a vow myself, so that should come tomorrow. Probably going to go with the long-maltreated Seekers and a character or two, maybe my Vindicators... we'll see.

Fulgrim really has a face only a mother would love. ;) :p

I just finished the yellow base colour on the Leviathan, and started on tidying up the black and metal areas.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/temporary_zpssvzbxfsx.jpg

Right:

My vow for (what remains) of the month of December:

Legion Praetor with Cataphractii Terminator armor, paragon blade, grenade harness, teleportation transponder. (175 points)

Legion Chaplain with Tartaros Terminator armor. (120 points)

3 Legion Vindicator Tanks. (360 points)

And that bloody unfinished Seeker Squad, for 375 points. :P

med_gallery_78067_12186_1266793.jpg

Impressive!  That's a LOT of stuff with just two weeks to go, Psycho! 

Alright, I altered my original vow slightly a couple weeks ago, and I already altered the original army list vow´s post. I also would like to add a rapier battery, so the entire list ill be:

Command Choice

Librarius Conclave 

1x Codicier (2 Mastery Levels) 90 ✔

1x Lexicanium on bike (1 Mastery Level) 85 ✔

1x Lexicanium (1 Mastery Level) 65 ✔

Auxiliary Choices

Skyhammer Annihilation Force

Devastator Squad with 4 Grav Cannons - 280 ✔

Drop Pod - 35 ✔

Devastator Squad with 4 Grav Cannons - 280 ✔

Drop Pod - 35 ✔

Assault Squad with Jump Packs, Eviscerator, 2x Flamer, and Melta Bombs (180) ✔

Assault Squad with Jump Packs, Eviscerator, 2x Flamer, and Melta Bombs (180) ✔

Hunting Force
Captain on Bike, Power Fist & Lightning Claws - 150 ✔
Command Squad on Bikes, Company Champion, Apothecary, 2x Storm Shields, 2x Grav Guns - 205 Х
Bike Squad, +2 Bikers, 2x Grav Guns - 135 ✔
Bike Squad, +2 Bikers, 2x Grav Guns - 135 ✔

Unbound choices
Leviathan Siege Dreadnought with Cyclonic Melta Lance, Siege Drill and Hunter Killer Missiles - 325 ✔
MkV Mortis Pattern Dreadnought with two Twin-Linked Lascannons and Extra Armour - 155 Х
Terminator Chaplain - 120 ✔
Cataphractii Terminator Squad with Lightning Claws - 175 ✔
Centurion Devastator Squad, Grav Amps and Omniscope - 265 ✔

Lord of War
Typhon Heavy Siege Tank, lascannon sponsons - 390 ✔

Total: 2925 /3285 points

Don't have pictures, but I am alive and painting. Working on putting the leadbelcher on my bikers down right now. I'll probably work on the bases before I get too much further, so I can base them when I start doing the black.

Trying to work out where I stand with my =][= force.

The Priest Blob seems to be no longer valid with the new IA book. Not sure about the plans I had for the other =][= models. Seems I might just stick to DW for now. :(

On the bright side of things my drought of black rattle can paint has been ended. The £ shop still doesn't have any but the HUGE "are you compensating for something?" sized black rattle can of black from GWS has made an apperance. So January should be a quick blast through a job lot of DW.

I also notice for last month (November) my vows don't include the DW in TDA (it's the minimum squad sized for a TDA unit).

I'm going to do a second model this month.

Terminator - heavy flamer and power fist with auxiliary meltagun - 60 points.

Need to get my black down a bit better before I do a multi-model vow.

So I said the TDA was finished but then spotted I'd missed a few bits. Here's him finally finished:

gallery_25187_12379_39512.jpg

The black is showing a bit closer to what it looks like in person.

So that's now a total of 855 points for the challenge ...

605 points for the Inquisitors and Priests

190 points for the Watch Master

60 points for the TDA

I want to kick a bit more life into this thread so I thought I would make a post today going over some of the posts since the start of the month.

@ Augustus B’Raass: That Libraian on Bike looks great, I know it’s been said before but the Hood looks fantastic, but I like the other details such as the kit on the back of the bike, and the mud-splatter on the bike itself its well done. Cannot wait to see the Leviathan finished (But I know you have been trying to get the COC vow finished)

@Pyroclast91: The group of dreads look great, I wasn’t sold on the ‘war-paint’ to start with but seeing the full ‘unit’ together it looks solid. And I love the progress on the Hammer wielding bloke…   

@The Psycho: I like the Imperial Fists, it’s a realy nice ‘Construction’ Yellow that I like. For the cataphractii did you use the normal heads?

@Lord Commander Eidolon: The Purple on the Tactical marines looks great, balances well with the gold. It’s a hard tone to pull off as it overwhelms the other details, but I think you have a good balance. Your Thousand son is also great. Though I have to say the Tataros terminators the pink is a little too strong for me,

@Kurama: I like the Noise Marine conversions you are working on, they look ‘excessive’.. and fulgrim looks like he is going to be a large job. The Purple base is ace, cannot wait to see more detail.

@Rangaman: the nights are looking good, glad you are making progress they are large projects!

@Lionofjudah: The Blood Angles look really nice, but to ecco Augustus B’Raass photos of them standing up with a plane background makes it easier to comment about the models

@SW1: I like the terminator, the reds are really nice, it does makes the black look a little ‘flat’ but I think it works well all the same.

Right finally As I finished my Vow last week.. I also want to make the following vow.

I, Uveron Once again vow on the honor of The Emperors Harbingers and all of the Sons of Sanguinius, to paint 1 Drop Pod for a total point cost of 35pts. (I will add photo in a short bit)

This will be my first Drop Pod, so I hope two weeks will give me time to finish it. Despite the fact I am driving to Houston for a new Job next week, and the week after is the big Holiday… and After that is my start at my new Job! So lets see!              

All I can say is yes I don't really tuck to my vows and I got no idea how many points my lists is etc but I'm happy to feel some motivation from my fellow frater, all I can say is the improvement per hobbyist has improved and the quality is outstanding guys.

So here's December wrapped up with my first try at fulgrim;

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/Mobile%20Uploads/0A14B0D0-10E7-4E96-A488-70576BE4EBC4_zpsy5uryotd.jpg

Well since I have ten days off over Christmas/New Years I have got a list of things I will try to smash out, first up is the Lancers armour which I am about to do now. Next are the Cerastus chassis' which have been basecoated, the details will be picked out tonight while I watch a movie with the wife...and the last three units for my SoHs, kinda sad to not be adding to them for the next year but after seeing Kurama's Fulgrim and getting mine and some Phoenix Terminators last Friday, I am super keen to get started on them...perhaps I will add them to the Tale as Allies if I get the Knights finished early smile.png

Good to see so much work being completed by everybody!

gallery_81212_9961_572740.jpg

Archived