Soldier of Dorn

Well I am probably going to regret this in the next few months but I have decided to use this as my Bye/Hiatus Month.  I am getting to a point of hobby burnout from forcing myself through so many guys that are basically the same.  This combined with yet another stuff around at work (at least I get a promotion, even if included a pay cut for now) and it being oppressively hot here in Tassie has robbed me of much of my hobby mojo. I am hoping a refreshing break to paint something else non space marine will revitalise me for the second three months.  Just means in the month I was going command squad I will throw in the other five tacticals.  Everyone else, keep up the good work.

It’s kind of Quite on this thread of late how is everyone doing?  

Well it appears I have some time in my life at the moment as I wait for work to start I shall make my Vow of the Month.

I, Uveron Once again vow on the honor of The Emperors Harbingers and all of the Sons of Sanguinius, to paint one Baal Predator, with Heavy Bolter Sponsons and Assault Cannons. (A Flamestorm Cannon will also be painted as well) for a total point cost of 135.

I will post a bit of an update soon..  

You're rite brother it has been a bit quiet in here let's just hope it means everyone's staying busy ;) That's definitely my excuse I've been on a crazy plastic crack binge building up these breachers which I would say I'll paint this month but that would be quite the rush and I'd rather lavishly decorate them :D

20170109_155826.jpg

like I said full on fell off the plastic crack wagon and I've been cutting and scraping and scheming and planning. Lots of blue tacking and cussing when it refuses to cooperate. The biggest issue I'm having at the moment is deciding what to work on at any given moment I went from running out of options to so many I don't know what to do with myself.

For now I'm gonna vow small and start with painting my primus Medicae for 130 pts for the month since he'll be assembled as designed he's actually ready to paint. This will give me time to play with things and get some more units built.

Pyro, I almost missed this little nugget in there! I agree, they aren't half as bad in the flesh/resin. I also agree with the whole "censored.gif GW, make more Raptor packs" club - I saw a nice new version of it using furies packs by AK1508.

Those assault marines look killer LCE I've gotta thing for helmets with crests for some reason and they really never should have stopped making those jump packs

I got home super late so I mainly only had time to drool on all the new plastic crack and tac a couple things together. one thing I gotta say is HE needs to change up how they're promoting these event models they all seem to look so horrible in the promo pics and then not be In person at least imo.

20170105_233419.jpg

Now I just have to figure out what I wanna do first ? Breachers? Tartaros? and or the Cataphractii I've been neglecting? so many choices and how the hell Jane people been trimming the wolf bits off Geigor they are EVERYWHERE?

Apologies for my absence from this thread. I know I've said a lot of stuff about seeing that the event is kept up to tabs and such, but I haven't really lived up to my word. It's time to correct that. I'm updating right now, and I will put a schedule into place to keep it updated. I've simply been quite lacking in motivation when it comes to the hobby - Lord knows what it is, seeing as it's not due to any sort of lack of ideas or lack of resources (I've been buying quite a bit of stuff based on my ideas, just haven't actually built them...) - and now with classes starting up again I'm just slightly swamped with work. I did make a commitment to this thread, as Augustus was so kind to remind me of, and it's high time I fulfilled it. Thanks for everyone's patience in this matter. :)

Been a long weekend- my buddy and I hiked 10 miles through the red river gorge in single digit temps... forgot that hiking in the snow was like hiking in the sand and that the sun was gonna set at 17:30. We busted arse and made it to our bikes for espressos as the sun went down... and then had a 7 mile bike ride to get back to the car. My rear deraileur decided not to work on the first hill so I was stuck on the lower end. Meaning I had to walk it uphill on the ice.

Long story short- I got around to painting a strip of Tigris bolsters on the sprue and put 3 coats and a secret weapons concrete wash on the bases of my vet squad.

Airbrush compressor should arrive tomorrow but still have no desk to properly sit at :(

Hoping to recitify the desk situation tomorrow and then get cracking on the jetbikes vow!!!

I'll formalise the vow here

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (185pts) Plasma Cannon & CC Weapon

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought (255pts) Aiolos Missile Launcher, Single twin-linked, Lascannons

Here's a start....

I am not sure if I'll actually get all the parts in time this month, i seem to have lost my missile launcher and need to hunt out the CCW arm, but hey ho! I will also magnetise the Contemptor, but am batch painting a lot of pink stuff, so did the armour!!

http://i65.tinypic.com/5v0qjt.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/2z9fwxe.jpg

Actually ran out of pink, so will need to get on it, shall add a few more glazes and push the shadows a little more

The wife's just taken the lads to school on the way into work and I'm left at home with the youngest. Time to blitz the house stuff that needs to be done so I can get some painting fitted into today.

My daughter loves drawing and colouring in so I've got some new colouring in books and colours for her to play with while I'm painting. I can guarantee we'll end up finger painting with hobby paints before the end of the day. :D

Lol ... Must remember to stick some messy play clothes on her before we start, hobby paint doesn't come out of clothes!!!

Great to see the thread updated, thanks Psycho!  :D :tu:

@ lionofjudah: your tale of outdoorsy woes sounds like heaven to me. I love hiking and biking, but have been cloistered at home for the last three months due to a slipped disc spinal hernia. It's getting better though, and I can finally go to the gym to regain my strength. This cuts into my hobby time, but I really don't care about that.

Looks like I'm not the only one to get kicked in the teeth by the new year. I haven't even had a chance to start on my vow yet (essentially juggling 3 jobs with family and hobby will do that), but I hope to change that tonight or tomorrow.

!@ Uveron: Now that I see the other angles of the pred, I like him even more. Well done on magnetizing the weapons too. I think I need to get used to that reversed rear ramp idea. It does give him more detail, but I'm not sure if I can get over the implied impracticality of it. About our weathering: it seems like you just settled for a wash. WHich is fine, but I think you'll achieve a far better result and look with sponging. Perhaps with Rhinox Hide=

I do love a good tank!! I really need to paint more myself....

Nice work Uveron but listen to this sage advice....

!@ Uveron: Now that I see the other angles of the pred, I like him even more. Well done on magnetizing the weapons too. I think I need to get used to that reversed rear ramp idea. It does give him more detail, but I'm not sure if I can get over the implied impracticality of it. About our weathering: it seems like you just settled for a wash. WHich is fine, but I think you'll achieve a far better result and look with sponging. Perhaps with Rhinox Hide=

Sponge chipping is the way forward!! Rhinox Hide, then Mournfang Brown and a little Leadbelcher, it'll look epic. I'll post up some weathering tips if you are interested......

Have you got an airbrush? the mud/dirt effect on the bottom is a bit too blotchy for my liking, so I am suspecting a wash like Augs mentions, It is much better to use really really really thin paint and build it up; it can be done as a glaze, but airbrushing is much easier....

Archived