Soldier of Dorn

!@ Uveron: Now that I see the other angles of the pred, I like him even more. Well done on magnetizing the weapons too. I think I need to get used to that reversed rear ramp idea. It does give him more detail, but I'm not sure if I can get over the implied impracticality of it. About our weathering: it seems like you just settled for a wash. WHich is fine, but I think you'll achieve a far better result and look with sponging. Perhaps with Rhinox Hide=

Iam with you about the Ramp... I liked it when I did it, not as happy months later when painting. (I was thinking that is wasnt a ramp, as you know most tanks dont have them! As for weathering, I did use some rhinox hide and some greys... It is the same way I added mud to my Tanks in my Iron Warriors army (See Below Cut).

Just picking up the model today, i just have an issue with it. I think I just need to carefully look at each part of the model and decide how to improve it. The Metals probaly need a wash, as do the red cables.. and I need to add some white/grey higlighting to the 'lenses'.

Hidden Content

gallery_63905_11231_536363.jpg

I do love a good tank!! I really need to paint more myself....

Sponge chipping is the way forward!! Rhinox Hide, then Mournfang Brown and a little Leadbelcher, it'll look epic. I'll post up some weathering tips if you are interested......

Have you got an airbrush? the mud/dirt effect on the bottom is a bit too blotchy for my liking, so I am suspecting a wash like Augs mentions, It is much better to use really really really thin paint and build it up; it can be done as a glaze, but airbrushing is much easier....

Weathering tips will be great. I don't have an airbrush, I kinda like blotch mud... 'thankfully' iam about to spend a week driving on some very muddy roads so going to look hard at how it looks in real life and try and improve how I have painted it.

Auggy!! ''Twas not a tale of woe good sir but a rousing rest of virility, a touch a madness, a hint of bourbon and a slight fascination with understanding my limits and walking past them at times.

Hope your back mends soon!! Check out some isometric exercises- abdominal engagements focusing on transverse and recurs abdominus to stabilize the lumbar vertebrae and then progressing to some mild yogic extension exercises for the erector muscles to assist in balancing the vertebral processes.

On the hobby note... desk picked out and it's gonna be badass!! L shaped office desk with a stacked piece on one side with cabinets and a push board. Hope to pick that up tomorrow and get it set up in the early eve.

Compressor came in and I picked up a cheap bathroom exhaust fan to make start working on my hood.

Stopped by hobbytown and picked up 5 Vallejo air colors and rounded out my collection of their washes and engine and environment paints.

Tonight I hope to cut hands off Tigris bolters and get them attached.

Well I am glad I took this as a hiatus month. With still no black spray paint to be found I have been forced on to painting things with a white undercoat (certain Xenos of a tyrannic nature.) Still its good to have a break from blood red marines. But I am being watched by Tactical Squad Meric and the their seem to be a large amount of bolters aimed at me... I think they know... blink.png

It has been a little quiet here, sorry fellas. I'm not the greatest at social media/forum updating as I usually just throw up a WiP and then a finished product with a few words. I've been working on my SoH Vindicators which I would like to finish by next week and the Falchion is green and striped so he will follow them, but I do need to get onto the Cerastus armour panels asap. With that said, I am pretty sure I am tied, or maybe even slightly ahead with my vows since I did an extra Knight chassis.

Got the colors blocked in on this beast last night... I know it's not a squad of jetbikes;) the butterfly effect hit me last night

Meet the Affentor of Terra

Ok... once again disgusted with the popups and BS of simply trying to use photobucket on my phone to post pics... also, sorry for multiple posts as I'm unable to edit posts on my phone right now for whatever reason-tekknowlegy¡

So with the Affentor of Terra- she is a sentinel of Terra which has stood guard since the emperor took to the stars im search of reuniting the human sphere.

She bristles with weaponry to assist in the close support of infantry in the close quarters of the urban combat environment. Armed with Vulcan mega bolter, demolished cannon, quad twin linked heavy flamers and las cannons and a twin linked heavy bolter the Affentor excels at suppression of infantry and light to medium armor.

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i444/Default75/IMG_4563_zpsx0cbjakz.jpg

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i444/Default75/IMG_4562_zpshkapipun.jpg

Ok- few more pics

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i444/Default75/IMG_4570_zpskulqv6i0.jpg

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i444/Default75/IMG_4571_zps1ivf006h.jpg

So I'm now remembering I wanted to shave off the aquilas:/

Grrrrrr....

I have the Fists brass etch so I will-as carefully as possible- replace the Aquila with some fist iconography.

I'm also thinking about popping the hatches open to add some marine crew members.

As far as painting I'm on the fence about adding more black- perhaps black on the shroud for the vulcan... any other ideas frater?

I'll be fleshwashing this whole beast and then going in with the first layer of yellow.

Eidolon’s Weekly Update (Week 15/16)

Folks,

Well, the new year seems to have addled the brain and I can’t get the hang of weekly updates!! Maybe now things are settling down and I’m back in a routine things will improve!! Or maybe not…..

Review of Last 2 Weeks.

Well I’ve started on the dreads as you may have seen from the more recent updates. Pink is refined and done, so the metals and detailing will be next on the list. The Deredeo is all magnetized and assembled bar the weapons, the contemptor is not – I just figured I’d do a big pink batch of dreads and assault marines, so I’ve literally based the body and legs

I am really not feeling the love for the magnetizing at the moment; maybe this week I’ll find some of my hobby mojo.

Plans for this Week.

I’ve actually been working on my Death Guard as a bit of a change of pace, I am weathering the hello out of a salvaged rhino I picked up at a hobby sale, so I might post a few pics. Not really helping me get my vows done though…..

I will make a bit of an effort to progress with the dreads and assault marines, pin washes and any transefers will be next whilst everythings glossy. That might motivate me a little. I sadly broke the pointy finger off my Tartaros Sgt, so I’ve had to do a whole new arm – thank goodness I had a spare. Needless to say that really annoyed me.

Future Prep.

I’m still dabbling with my veterans and command squad! Also playing around with a few conversions for more fun unique EC characters and the like! If I pull them off I’ll be a happy bunny!!

Update without pics today. Busted out the airbrush and the base coat of yellow for a second layer. Learning a whole lot about how to fine-tune airflow and not splattering my dag on paint everywhere. Then got out the medium yellow for first layer of primary yellow. Was able to do to rhinos spartan and six jet bikes in 35 minutes. ExCited to have the airbrush back up and running again. But then I have thoughts and what army when I do next after I've painted all of this glorious yellow :-)

UPDATE TIME.

Had a bit of free time this evening todo some work on the Baal-pred and try and address the issues I had with it.

This week its been driving a lot on dirt roads in the rain so I spent a lot of time looking at mud on cars, trucks and heavy plant. (I even took some photos of my car after one of these dives for inspiration). And with that I addressed some of the bigger issues I had with the tank, I still have a bit of work to be done before I am ‘Happy’ with it, but it’s getting close.

Anyway pictures under the cut

Hidden Content

The Inspiration

gallery_63905_11231_469135.jpg

The Tank

gallery_63905_11231_505501.jpggallery_63905_11231_1163157.jpggallery_63905_11231_992810.jpg

Wow you guys are killing it Uveron the weathering on that pred is fantastic Idk why I'd never thought too look at my car as a guide which seems obvious now you bring it up. And LionOfJudah I think you may have just pushed me over the edge into the "I need an airbrush" camp I was leaning that way before but after seeing what you did in 35 min I think that may be an investment I make sooner than later.

Myself I haven't touched a brush in over a week as I kinda sorta fell hard into build/convert mode.

20170115_235018.jpg

20170117_233927.jpg

As you might farther from the above picture I've got a "couple" things I the works. Good news though once I switch gears back into paint mode I'll have plenty to do. Keep up the awesome work guys!!

That looks much better, Uveron. Well done! thumbsup.gif

Now go clean your car. tongue.png

Thanks! I hope to get in finished tonight and then on with a second Vow.

I may clean my car, though the last bout of rain has sorted most of it out... and as most of the roads around my house are dirt roads it will just get messed up again next time i drive it.

Dirty tanks are better tanks for sure!!

Thanks!

I like what you are doing with the jet-bikes!

Now where has everyone Eless gone? Kinda feels like the Tale of 5? gamers at the moment.

I am still around, just taking my hiatus month.  I have actually kinda taken it as a bit of hiatus from the forum in general.  But what little time I have spent here has me chomping at the bit to get painting these guys again.  Actually started carving moldlines and assembling my guys for next month.  I am still to find black spray which means I may need to bite the bullet and by some hideously expensive GW spray.  Mind you I am nearly out of poly cement too so I may have to grab some of that.  I was considering reworking my list to paint some higher point to lesser model count guys but I think in the long run I will stick with what I pledged and just paint those after the challenge.

I am loving all the work you guys are coming up with though.  Although I agree I think we may have lost a few members.  But I am definelty still here.  I am not gone merely... sleeping.

Good to see the work still flowing guys, big inspiration! I got around to painting the inner side, the red and black on the two sets of Cerastus armour yesterday with plans to do the edging tonight. Weathering and oils will follow later this week...

gallery_81212_9961_1414309.jpg

Looks great, Rangaman! 

I to admit I haven't been all too enthused about this event for a while. I got a bit distracted and painted the better part of an entire Khorne Daemonkin list. I'm back on track though, and will fnish this months vow on time. :)

Eidolon’s Weekly Update (Week 17)

Folks,

Well a slightly busy week in real life, so limited painting time unfortunately! How inconsiderate!!

Review of Last Week.

Well managed to do a big batch of pin washing of the purple/pinks for the dreads and marines, so that’s a little progress. I’ve focused on the Deredeo, as well Ancient Kurama needs to make an appearance! Metal has been mostly done, I’ll add more highlights to the mechanized parts, and then start adding more highlights to the gold. Scrolling is just base coated so will need shading, etc. Then I need to figure out what to do with the head. EC Contemptor or Hellbrute.

http://i64.tinypic.com/2ajsvif.jpg

Plans for this Week.

I’ve been working on my Death Guard too, still weathering up the rhino; I’ve taken a few stage by stage pics, hopfully I’ll finish the chipping this week so I can post a little guide like I promised Unveron!!

Future Prep.

I am looking to do Loyalty and Treachery event too, so thought it would be an ideal time to get my Land Raider Proteus up and built, so I’ve started the clean up on that.

I’m still dabbling with my veterans and command squad! Also playing around with a few conversions for more fun unique EC characters and the like! I’ve been pondering a Cathaphractii command squad for sometime, here is a little sneak peak!

http://i66.tinypic.com/29djy2s.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/2s0cump.jpg

Ok, so i'm making progress slowly but surely. Need to assemble both speeders today if possible and hopefully get the crew and weapons done during the week. The WP shouldn't take too much more work so I reckon I'm on course for this month (fingers crossed).

med_gallery_61271_11923_672144.jpg

Archived