Soldier of Dorn

Oh snap--- looks like something wicked this way comes

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i444/Default75/IMG_5500_zpsjbtdnhnn.jpg

My first primarch and the easiest resin assembly EVAR!!!

I bought him to use his base for my atrapos and planned on selling him... after some of the genius work of these warrior painters I feel like I need to give him a shot.

I'm going to need help setting a ...setting for the warriors;)

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i444/Default75/IMG_5504_zpsgu9mpz3d.jpg

Greetings brothers!!!

Had my first mishap with airbrush and learned about how fiddly and small the parts on this krome are. My favorite part of the night was when I figured out what to do, did it and she blew such a fine spray it ''twas like she was anew:)

Also... don't feel like letting her soak in a water/airbrush bath was good as it allowed buildup to occur.

This guy though!! Dang he's sexy

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i444/Default75/IMG_5503_zpsecgtaki4.jpg

Learned a lot about coverage with the airbrush this eve as the silver over black, up close, 15psi and many thiiiiiiiin layers of VMA steel later we have a primarch looking good and shiny:)

DRUM ROLL!

Having a bit of spare time today, I was able to finish up my final model for the tale of 20 hobbyists, If I have time this week, I am going to return to every model I have painted, Touch them up slightly and then get some better photos. But until then have some photos of my dread (Kinda bad photos as need to learn to use my new phone correctly, I guess)

gallery_63905_11231_853721.jpggallery_63905_11231_675689.jpggallery_63905_11231_372716.jpg

Tell me about it...I am in the midst of assembling the EC army I planned on doing until the end of the year and I find myself writing purchase lists up for Mechanicum and a new Legion.

More great work from you guys, its actually a nice change to see Indomitus Terminators :p

DRUM ROLL! 

Having a bit of spare time today, I was able to finish up my final model for the tale of 20 hobbyists, If I have time this week, I am going to return to every model I have painted, Touch them up slightly and then get some better photos. But until then have some photos of my dread (Kinda bad photos as need to learn to use my new phone correctly, I guess) 

Impressive stuff on the dread, probably best not to have a white background though!! Lovely gold and nice touch with the weathering! It'll be great to see everyones efforts over the challenge!

Okay so i finished my termies last night. Will post before and after pics soon. Just realised i didn't post before pics earlier so will get them up. Just the predator to finish now. And that's just the turret and sponsons to go

Indominatus really doesn't get much love these days, but you've done a nice job with the poses and that red looks great! Shall look forward to the tank!

Go Uveron and Bro SP!!

I have totally butterflied---

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i444/Default75/IMG_5513_zpshvslr1yp.jpg

Niiicccce! Glad you've discovered the joys of the le airbrush! Very nice work on the weathering, it isn't easy to make Iron Warriors look good, but you've smashed it there! Look forward to seeing him progress!

I myself have been plodding along well, lots of things nearly done, mostly things that i've vowed but i've been distracted by jet bikes and the like!

I'm on course for doing at least 10 tacs, i've got 5 MKiVs done already, i decided to do a new Sgt for them, a vexila and another marine because I had the bits! I've also got 5 MKII's that I'll do as the start of a 'veteran' ish marine squad, i'll eventually either do 2 special weapon guys or magnetise arms/weapons to allow these to double as tacticals or veterans.

My Deredeo is almost done, mainly need to re-varnish to remove the gloss coat and finish off the final details. I've done most of the purple armour on the contemptor I just need to get around to magnetise the joints - this really is my only worry about none completion, but hey ho!

I'd hoped to do the Apothecaries, but now i've got enough marines done I can focus on them, the hard works done, just the detailing and transfers!

Here are my vets - 4 out of 5 aren't bad, I'd have had a complete unit of them, had I not spotted a fine cast model I want to get to be the Sgt, I doubt it'll arrive before the end of the challenge! Oh well!

http://i65.tinypic.com/25808rc.jpg

LCE... your namesake good sir

So this kind of happened tonight...1 off for me. Not a fan of purple other than Prince;)

Lovely purple, i like it! Always good to paint one off's! One day I might sully myself and paint an Imperial Fist!!

I am glad you are staying away from the purple - if only because I want to see more Iron Warriors from you!!

Great work all around here, guys! Only two days left for this event, and we'll finally be done! 

I already finished my last librarian a week ago, but never posted it here. 
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/temporary_zpstn8qmqze.jpg

And here's evidence of the rest of my last vow:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/temporary_zpsfde36zys.jpg

That's it for me this month! I'll try to make a complete shot of all the miniatures I've finished in this event. Hmm, I might do that now. 

Cheers, y'all!

PS: Brother SP, I'm looking forward to those banners! :D

Well.. some more amazing models. 

Lionofjudah I love that Perubrabo! I want to paint that model so badly. 

Anyway, I haven't got much done in the last week, I was unexpectedly off work for the week so spent it moving into my new house, (Unpacking and such).  

And so endeth my part in this tale....

gallery_36568_9971_96045.jpg

Apart from touch up, weathering and basing. But all these things shall take part outside of the Tale. For now I shall go and rest my Hobby engines, or at least my red paints...

And for those still going, its the final step guys. Dont let it only be three of twenty to finish.

Oh and Augustus, I haven't forgotten your banners. I want to see how many finish to reference it on the banners.

Just need to base the marines and assemble the Deredeo! Painting is pretty much done, so I'll post up a pic of everything I've painted, although that probably be in a day or so.

1 apothecary is done, 2 others are about 75%. I decided to steal parts from the 2nd to make the 3rd on a bike! Shame they won't all done but no sense rushing them. Still managed to get a fair bit done!!

So one of the doors fell off of my DDP whilst I was weathering it :(....

ate into a huge chuck of hobbytime to repair and then repaint to get it looking 'normal'...

Thought I'd be able to pull it off but 'twas not in the cards.

I'll gather everything together that I've painted during this event and post it up... probably Tuesday as I'm going from 9am to 9pm tomorrow.

Brother SP... your predator is looking fly and did you happen to drill out the tops of your exhaust pipes?

Archived