The Watch Outpost - Henry's Plog

henrywalker

With all the furious building I've been doing recently I really feel I have to start the obligatory plog.

I've only got 2 models fully painted so far but most of the rest of the army built.

I'm open to any comments/suggestions on my conversions, painting and army building. Always looking to improve.

Here's what I've got painted so far.

Cyclone Terminator
gallery_59654_12365_658546.jpg

Corvus Blackstar
gallery_59654_12365_284128.jpg

Someone has been watching Duncans video on how to paint the Corvus Black star :) I like this. 

The window effect is great and easy as Duncan describes it. Gives the model a nice feel. 

I would however suggest that you chip some paint of the red areas too, as there is weathering effects all over the aircraft. 

Now for the long post. Here's all my recently built stuff all ready to be painted.

Strategium Command Squad Artemis
gallery_59654_12365_1027219.jpg

9 veterans led by a chaplain. Joined by Artemis and a grenade wielding inquisitor all nice and cozy in a Corvus.

Furor Kill Team of many dakkas
gallery_59654_12365_1458540.jpg

Aww. Poor little troops. 5 assault cannons. 4 frag cannons and a sergeant with auspex

Sniper Kill Team
gallery_59654_12365_404555.jpg

Full squad of stalker bolt guns. Probably will spend a lot of time in my bastion.

Termie Devestators

gallery_59654_12365_417126.jpg

Once my last two cyclones come in the mail this will be a full (and ill advised) squad of 5

Bikers
gallery_59654_12365_682278.jpg

Well I had to do something with those cresty helmets. I do like power lances though

Inquisitorial Command Tank
gallery_59654_12365_609862.jpg

This will be my inquisitors colour scheme to contrast the deathwatch.

Kill Team Jumpy-Smashy
gallery_59654_12365_919276.jpg

Name pretty much says it all

Watch Ancients.
gallery_59654_12365_96700.jpg

I like the inquisitorish look from the smoke stacks a lot and I've got both arms swappable for different weapons

Dakka Dreads

gallery_59654_12365_41529.jpg

Two riflemen and a contemptor Mortis. Sorry for the fuzziness. I'll work on my depth of field

The Mighty Gnats
gallery_59654_12365_932426.jpg

I figure these will mostly be jumping around in 1s and 2s just to be irritating.

Melta Squad
gallery_59654_12365_201141.jpg

Classic sternguardy tactics. I'll probably have a squad of melta termies too which can be seperate or join this lot as a kill team.

And Finally! The Watch Commander with his squad of grizzled veterans and his pimped out Landraider Excelsior.

gallery_59654_12365_1046159.jpg

gallery_59654_12365_1472950.jpg

Someone has been watching Duncans video on how to paint the Corvus Black star smile.png I like this.

The window effect is great and easy as Duncan describes it. Gives the model a nice feel.

I would however suggest that you chip some paint of the red areas too, as there is weathering effects all over the aircraft.

Yup! one of their better paint guides. I will be doing the red but i'd like to do chips of black with silver on top rather than just the silver and thats more time consuming than i want to bother with right now. It will be one of the any finishing touches as the army nears completion

Nice massive force there.

One note though.

There is a FAQ where it says only members of the same faction/codex can join a transport from the start. They can however join later.

So your inquisitor can't join the Corvus as it is.

I wanted to do this myself :(

Nice massive force there.

One note though.

There is a FAQ where it says only members of the same faction/codex can join a transport from the start. They can however join later.

So your inquisitor can't join the Corvus as it is.

I wanted to do this myself :(

Crap. I was going to have one in the land raider excelsior too. Makes so much sense both for fluff and gameplay.

Ah well. Hopefully friendly games won't mind and I'll come up with another plan for proper games

Yah my thoughts exactly.

At least an inquisitor should have authority to join.

But the land raider could still work. Just deploy him behind at the start of the game and on your first movement phase move him in. Then it's legal.

But you can't deploy in the same turn just as a note.

Yah my thoughts exactly.

At least an inquisitor should have authority to join.

But the land raider could still work. Just deploy him behind at the start of the game and on your first movement phase move him in. Then it's legal.

But you can't deploy in the same turn just as a note.

Some of their shoulder pads kind of disappear into their torso which makes it harder. But it's not too bad. Just hack away with clippers.

If memory serves Leon is the assault cannon guy right? He was quite easy. Actually his little round tilt plate thing survived the clipping and goes over the deathwatch pad neatly.

Finished painting my Kheres Contemptor Dread. I did it quickly using all the dirty tricks i know (including metallic sharpies for the gold and silver and even a grey colouring pencil for some of the highlights)

Considering all that I'm quite pleased how he came out.

Also given how much enemy versions of these bastards have annoyed me in the past i'm glad to finally be having one of my own to dakka my foes into the ground. x)

gallery_59654_12365_202831.jpg

gallery_59654_12365_1128315.jpg

All "dirty" tricks are allowed, as long as the result in the end is a finished model that looks ready to kick some behinds. And I think this fella is about to swing his left foot right up some green skins teeth.

Haha. Thanks.

Im using nids for my various squished and stabbed gribbly corpses but I am tempted to have a ripper or genestealer getting kicked in the arse. Good idea!

Here is Kill Team Excelsior. They are still missing their inquisitor but otherwise all painted and ready to play.

gallery_59654_12365_298075.jpg

Here are the squad members individually.

Librarian

gallery_59654_12365_451090.jpg

Since taking the picture I've gone back and cleaned him p a lot, wasn't very happy with the outcome

gallery_59654_12365_8177.jpg

Black Shield with twin lightning claws

gallery_59654_12365_414864.jpg

Shotgun Vet

gallery_59654_12365_439503.jpg

Vet with Combi-Flamer & Power Sword

gallery_59654_12365_44663.jpg

Vet with Power Sword & Storm Shield

gallery_59654_12365_422351.jpg

Vet with Infernus Heavy Bolter. Mainly put him in because I couldn't stand to not use one somewhere.

gallery_59654_12365_221599.jpg

Sergeant with shotgun and xenophase blade (WHY does the kit only have shotguns with sculpted on hands!!!?)

gallery_59654_12365_668860.jpg

Watch Master

gallery_59654_12365_535242.jpg

Vet with power sword and combi-flamer. (i do love that sword from the grey knights box)

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Lets be honest most of these need another go over to catch some missing details and clean some stuff and I will get around to doing that I promise.

For now though I'm distracted painting their ride, the "oh so bitchin'" Landraider Excelsior

More on that soon

A new addition.

I bought the blood angels jump pack Chaplain to ride along with some vanguard as a deathwatch Chaplain. .

gallery_59654_12365_887824.jpg

Of course I'd forgotten our chaplains don't get jump packs.

So instead I'll be taking him as a dark angels interrogator Chaplain.

Still looks cool though

gallery_59654_12365_749918.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

After finally working out how to get more termie deathwatch shoulder pads (managed to cheat and convert some grey knight ones) I've got all my termies built.

Presenting:

Kill Team Boom

gallery_59654_12365_1541597.jpg

Kill Team Dakka

gallery_59654_12365_1559012.jpg

Kill Team Bitch Slap (all with built in meltas)

gallery_59654_12365_1913411.jpg

Kill Team BBQ

gallery_59654_12365_1712883.jpg

Wow thats a lot of terminators :D

How you play tested them yet? I am having a hard time find a good use for them. 

But... one thing I must comment on, and something that pains my eyes and heart. The mould lines... the mould lines :D Please exterminate them. Your excellent conversions don't deserve to be treated with (xenon) filth :)

Anyhow, looking at your other minis, I think it will come soon. 

Keep it up mate.!

But... one thing I must comment on, and something that pains my eyes and heart. The mould lines... the mould lines biggrin.png Please exterminate them. Your excellent conversions don't deserve to be treated with (xenon) filth

72274642.jpg

Archived