+++Call of Chaos IX+++

Captain Semper

OK, first update is done! woot.gif

A general comment: Those who have not submitted "before" pics please edit them in your original vow post when you actually do take them. That's the only pictures required within that first post; when you complete each unit, you can make a new post, announcing your completion of the unit along with the relevant "after" pic and I will edit it in post #2!

Don't you ever take a holiday? You've only just finished with all the ETL business! tongue.png

No rest for the wicked! Frankly the Call is a way to relax after the craziness that is ETL... biggrin.png

@ KrautScientist and IP: Those are some fantastic pieces guys - I really look forward to see them done at your very high skill level! Good luck to both! thumbsup.gif

@ TdMayo: Man, this is a hefty commitment! You know Tzeentch has a perverse sense of humour, don't you? Best of luck, but I suspect there is no such thing as luck - not when Tzeentch whims are in the way! biggrin.png

@ DEF: For the Emperor? Seriously? Not even the Alpha Legion would have such a devious, double faced plan... But then, it's Tzeentch season so you never know...

@ Mard, Kierdale and Psycho: Take you time guys, you can join the event at any point. smile.png

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Participants may enter at any time - there is no cut-off date to get in.

This is indeed great for all fans of Tzeentch msn-wink.gif

My Tzeentch army is "finished" so I was afraid I wouldn't have anything to paint before this ends, Atia. So that's good news. Also, thanks for featuring it on War of Sigmar.

Captain Semper, I might be a late entry but rest assured many hours of sleep will be lost catching up to everyone. I don't even know what I am painting yet, but hopefully I will like it ;)

Stack bodies. Yut

I BadSanta answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete

1. Chaos Terminator Squad - 3 models

36yoBUyCBVs.jpg

2. Thousand Sons squad - 10 models

F7ezo-8gQz8.jpg

3. Chaos Sorcerer - 1 model
4. Chaos Space Marines squad - 5 models

o3xtV9W4DsU.jpg

before December 15th 2016. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Ultimate Deception and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

I Midnight Runner, Despot of the Black Legion and Chosen of the Warmaster, answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete Abaddon the Despoiler and 3 of his Chaos Terminators retinue before December 15th 2016. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Ultimate Deception and the Glory of the Legion, continuing on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

EDIT -

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/Mobile%20Uploads/image_65.jpeg

I, Chaz Sexington, answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete 1 unit of 3 Predator Annihilators (since we now can take them as one unit!), 2 which were "acquired" from the Iron Warriors, whom liberated them from unknown hands, before December 15th, 2016. If I do this successfully, I will receive Mark of the Ultimate Deception and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail, I will wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

I may do the Helbrutes later, if possible.

http://i.imgur.com/4r8x5mr.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kXDG8uf.jpg

I, Celtic_Cauldron, Lord Executor of the Night Lords' VIIIth Company, Master of the War Host and Conqueror of Gilgamesh, answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete the following units:

- 5 Warp Talons from the Black Legion;

http://i97.servimg.com/u/f97/17/96/43/35/deucal10.jpg

- 7 Bikers from the Wordbearers;

http://i97.servimg.com/u/f97/17/96/43/35/consta10.jpg

- 5 Warp Talons from the Night Lords;

http://i97.servimg.com/u/f97/17/96/43/35/loki10.jpg

- 6 Bikers from the Emperor's Children;

- 1 Ferrum Infernus Dreadnought from the Thousand Sons;

- 1 Ferrum Infernus Dreadnought from the Iron Warriors;

- 1 Ferrum Infernus Dreadnought from the Death Guard;

- 1 Ferrum Infernus Dreadnought from the World Eaters.

before December 15th 2016. Should I do it successfully will I bear the Mark of Ultimate Deception and glory to the Legions that fight besides me. Failure will be rewarded with the Mark of the Lost.

Only the first three subjects are ready for painting. I will add initial pictures for the other units as soon as possible and update my post accordingly.

Death to the False Emperor!!

Celtic_Cauldron

OK, let's get this show on the road!

We have 14 participants so far - that's nowhere near the usual standards! Could it be that the Chaos crowd has been painted out from the huge ETL effort? Possibly... Will the Gods show understanding? :no:

C'mon, it doesn't have to be big, there is no competition here, all it takes is the odd unit and you're on!

Participants may enter at any time - there is no cut-off date to get in.

This is indeed great for all fans of Tzeentch msn-wink.gif

My Tzeentch army is "finished" so I was afraid I wouldn't have anything to paint before this ends, Atia. So that's good news. Also, thanks for featuring it on War of Sigmar.

Captain Semper, I might be a late entry but rest assured many hours of sleep will be lost catching up to everyone. I don't even know what I am painting yet, but hopefully I will like it msn-wink.gif

Stack bodies. Yut

Just to make it clear, the fact that the event is dedicated to Tzeentch doesn't mean you must sublet Tzeentchian units... Any Chaos unit is welcome, the dedication to Tzeentch is just optics... ;)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I, Warsnail2 Endness builder of the Grim Fate Renegades, answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete the following units:

9 Chosen

http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt228/Kyle_Boultwood/WP_20160915_001_zps86jhpqcg.jpg

To make them stand out each has been modeled after a traitor legion, we will see how it goes with the shoulder pads eh?

1 Chaos Knight Titan

http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt228/Kyle_Boultwood/WP_20160917_002_zpswljkwesw.jpg

To be honest this has been sat around a while getting bits n bobs done, i dont think i would ever feel finished in modeling so i am taking this opportunity to get it painted!

9 Bloodletters

http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt228/Kyle_Boultwood/WP_20160917_001_zpskdrb0bqu.jpg

the test model is already done so i know what im doing!

If I complete these in time more will follow but I am guessing the Knight will be a time consumer.

Should I fail im sure Nurgle will protect my soul

I Brother Memeus answer the Call of Chaos and pledge 1 Chaos Spawn and 1 6 Man Unit of Chaos Space Marines before December 15th, 2016. If I do this successfully, I will receive Mark of the Ultimate Deception and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail, I will wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

For Chaos and for Lorgar! (And I guess for Luther too.)

The Models:

20160917 154608

Lot of really cool vows & really cool models, really looking forward to this year Call of Chaos :D

Just got Khârn painted today & all finish, hopeful get some photos posted in a few hour time.  I'm just about to try spend time adding a few trophies to the Vindicator, see if this idea for adding Knight mask to the side armour will work.

I, gezabutla, answer the call of chaos and vow to complete:

1 x Chaos Lord in Terminator Armour
1 x Helbrute
1 x Chaos Space Marine Squad (5 man)
1x Chaos Terminator Squad (5 man)

before December 15th 2016. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Ultimate Deception and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I will wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

Here's the Lord an Helbrute basecoated;
http://i.imgur.com/VN5xdU0.jpg?1

Terminators and Marines are not yet built.

Heh. This is just the impetus I needed to start my projects and complete them before I get sent into hell (hospital internship) next year.

I, Dark Seren1ty, answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete:

1. Khârne the Betrayer

2. 5 Gal Vorbak (counting as possessed)

3. Daemon knight of Slaanesh (converted)

4. 6 Chaos Marine Bikers of Slaanesh

5. Daemon Prince of Slaanesh

6. 10 Warp Talons of Tzeentch

7. 5 raptors

8. Chaos Lord of Tzeentch

9. Helbrute (just to please tzeentch, decided to include this)

before December 15th 2016. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Ultimate Deception and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

Edit: no before pics yet because I still don't have the Gal Vorbak or Khârne, should be receiving my order tomorrow, so I'll post up everything together when I receive my models.

I Eldrick Shadowblade, seneschal of Lord Kraven's Oathbrokene answer the Call of Chaos and pledge:
1 chaos sorcerer
1 iron warrior's warpsmith
1 helbrute
1 subtle discord predator
1 counts as fabius bile
1 5 man terminator retinue for Lord Kraven

Iron Warrior Warpsmith

Counts as Fabius Bile

Hellbrute

Terminator Retinue + Caradoch Bonecaster (sorcerer)

Subtle Discord's Predator Kit

Hey Semper, can I post up the unit images I vowed one by one before I put any paint on them? I want to start painting on my first one, but my others I don't even own all the bits for yet.

That's fine but remember: you can only make ONE vow! So by all means show us the before pics whenever you're ready but you must commit for the total number of units (i.e. you cannot add new units later).

OK, so now we have reached 19 participants! The Call becomes stronger and stronger by the day! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Hey Semper, can I post up the unit images I vowed one by one before I put any paint on them? I want to start painting on my first one, but my others I don't even own all the bits for yet.

That's fine but remember: you can only make ONE vow! So by all means show us the before pics whenever you're ready but you must commit for the total number of units (i.e. you cannot add new units later).

OK, so now we have reached 19 participants! The Call becomes stronger and stronger by the day! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Cool, I committed already to three untis (LoC, Chosen, Bloodletters), but I wanted to start painting the LoC and am still sourcing bits for the others.

Shadows. Flame. Crimson.

Drip.

A figure moves in the umbral gloom, barely illuminated by the burning brazier. Blood drips from a clenched fist. Not his own.

Drip.

He strides forward, approaching the altar and the brazier. The firelight is reflected by the sigil of the Eight-fold Star at the fane and the vicious blade he draws.

Drip.

He draws the ritual knife across his outstretched arm. The blood sizzles in the brazier's heat. As the first drop falls, he speaks:

I, the Psycho, forever the progeny of darkness, son of many Fathers, in the sight of daemon and my brother warlords alike, come to answer the Call of Chaos once more. I vow to paint Khârn the Betrayer and 2 Chaos Lords, one a Warsmith of the Iron Warriors and the other an unknown quantity, before 15 December 2016. My hatred, my strength, is pure, and I have no need of twisted magicks. I deny the witch-lord Tzeentch his due. Should I fail I'll bear the Mark of the Lost and the Damned and expect no mercy on my soul. Should I succeed, I will bear nothing save my own pride and satisfaction. I will not bear Tchar's sigil. My blood is Khorne's, and Khorne's alone.

Drip.

+++

[starting pictures]

med_gallery_78067_12431_54821.jpgmed_gallery_78067_12431_297433.jpgmed_gallery_78067_12433_327902.jpg

Archived