+++Call of Chaos IX+++

Captain Semper

VOW COMPLETE.

Wow... feels amazing to say that. Almost never happens. Wow. What a relief. I've failed the past few years, and it is a relief not to have to bear the burden of the Mark of the Lost and the Damned again.

Hidden Content

Shadows. Flame. Crimson.

Drip.

A figure moves in the umbral gloom, barely illuminated by the burning brazier. Blood drips from a clenched fist. Not his own.

Drip.

He strides forward, approaching the altar and the brazier. The firelight is reflected by the sigil of the Eight-fold Star at the fane and the vicious blade he draws.

Drip.

He draws the ritual knife across his outstretched arm. The blood sizzles in the brazier's heat. As the first drop falls, he speaks:

I, the Psycho, forever the progeny of darkness, son of many Fathers, in the sight of daemon and my brother warlords alike, come to answer the Call of Chaos once more. I vow to paint Khârn the Betrayer and 2 Chaos Lords, one a Warsmith of the Iron Warriors and the other an unknown quantity, before 15 December 2016. My hatred, my strength, is pure, and I have no need of twisted magicks. I deny the witch-lord Tzeentch his due. Should I fail I'll bear the Mark of the Lost and the Damned and expect no mercy on my soul. Should I succeed, I will bear nothing save my own pride and satisfaction. I will not bear Tchar's sigil. My blood is Khorne's, and Khorne's alone.

Drip.

+++

[starting pictures]

med_gallery_78067_12431_54821.jpgmed_gallery_78067_12431_297433.jpgmed_gallery_78067_12433_327902.jpg

[full vow]

med_gallery_78067_12431_275555.jpg

Dhur Gulak, Warsmith of the Iron Warriors 41st Grand Battalion, Shatter Battalion. [Chaos Lord]

med_gallery_78067_12431_409150.jpg

Khârn the Betrayer, former Captain of the World Eaters 8th Assault Company, Equerry to the primarch Angron.

med_gallery_78067_12431_245556.jpg

Malinev the Crimson, Coryphaus of the Chapter of the Burning Sun, Word Bearers. [Chaos Lord]

med_gallery_78067_12431_175078.jpg

Now, time to move on to all the other vows I've got myself wrapped up in. sweat.gif

I've been waiting a few years to be able to say this but now I can: VOW COMPLETE! Here's the completed pics of my Chaos Sorcerer:

Black Legion Sorcerer, complete, front

Black Legion Sorcerer, complete, back

And, again, my Chaos Lord:

Black Legion Chaos Lord, completed, front

Black Legion Chaos Lord, completed, rear

I actually finished up my Chaos Sorcerer the other day, but hadn't had a chance to post until now. I've also posted in my WiP thread. Now I can get back to working on the stuff I didn't finish from ETL vow with a clear conscience. 

Daemon Prince of Slaanesh: Captain Justiel, Lord of the Angelic Host of the Phoenician, 2nd in command under the Mistress of Pleasure and Pain

30167679760_557d6ae90a_z.jpg

30379225971_4a677cafb2_z.jpg

The darkness parted, revealing our savior. Clad in angelic white armor, Captain Justiel appeared. Like a knight of olde times, he stood, allowing the foul servants of the great enemy to despair in his holy God-given aura of magnificence.

Nothing could stop the march of the finest now.

Afternoon all! Some stunning work in here already - great stuff!

As some of you may remember, my ETL was less than successful this year. Thanks to the AoS summer campaign firing up my imagination, I actually forgot that I had even vowed - shameful!

This then led to a lot of soul searching and wondering how I could have forgotten to paint some CSM. I mean I LOVE chaos. I love the background, the modelling potential, hell I even love playing the game with them (although that last one does sometimes test me! laugh.png) That's when I realised that deep down I was bored with my Black Legion and I needed a fresh start.

Now after a couple of months steeped in old lore and looking through my big folder of chaotic art, I'm ready to heed the call and begin my path to glory again!

I Sith'ari, answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete 1 squad of Chaos Marines before December 15th 2016. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Ultimate Deception and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

http://i.imgur.com/eZFFjE6.jpg?1

This time I cannot fail, for I am Alpharius and we are legion. ph34r.png

Edit: PICS FOR THE PIC GOD!

Lovely work all around, people! :)

@ The Psycho: Those three guys are looking great! I especially love the variety of styles and colours! And that Warsmith just looks tough as nails!

@ Atia: As I've said elsewhere, those Gal Vorbak rock!

In the meantime, I have finally managed to complete my second model for this event: Apothecary Phastos of the Iron Warriors (a counts-as Chaos Lord w/ power first):

apothecary-phastos-of-the-iron-warriors-

apothecary-phastos-of-the-iron-warriors-

As usual, more pictures can be found here in my ongoing WIP thread.

Lots of awesome work in this thread! Awesome to see the efforts carrying on from ETL!

I, Sgt. Blank, answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete 1 Khorne Daemonkin Rhino before December 15. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Ultimate Deception and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I'll wear the Mark of the Lost and expect no mercy on my soul!

Here's the primed Rhino:

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/Phothomas82/Chaos/KDK/Rhino_zpsn5t7rlsa.jpg

The spikey bitz will be added later for ease of painting. Modest, I know, but it took me two months to finish a maulerfiend so this ought to be achievable and motivating.

@ The Psycho: Those three guys are looking great! I especially love the variety of styles and colours! And that Warsmith just looks tough as nails!

Thanks mate! I've got to say, I'm particularly proud of the Warsmith myself for the reason you mentioned! :D

Your Iron Warriors Apothecary looks amazing, too! Out of curiosity, how did you do the base? Really like how it looks.

I am panicking a little about getting my vow complete. Still got 15 raptors/warp talons to paint, a daemon knight (which needs to be converted), a chaos lord, Helbrute, 6 bikers...

So far I've completed Khârne, the daemon prince and the gal Vorbak/possessed.

Once more, into the breach!

LOL, not sure how I missed this has already started. Just a month late to the party.

I, Brother Kortmer, answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete two units – six Renegade & Heretics Disciples (heavy weapon team with autocannon, flamer) and a traitor Vindicaire assassin, Captain's permission pending – before December 15th 2016. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Ultimate Deception and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

Here's a before-picture.

gallery_80057_11150_37130.jpg

Evidence in my WIP thread shows that I've already started painting the first of the squad of seven; hence I don't count the Disciple with the ghoul head towards the squad pledged. On the far right is a converted traitor Vindicaire assassin. Captain Semper, please advise whether this is an acceptable vow. I'll be happy to include the model in the squad of Disciples if you can't or don't want allow it.

LOL, not sure how I missed this has already started. Just a month late to the party.

I, Brother Kortmer, answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete two units – six Renegade & Heretics Disciples (heavy weapon team with autocannon, flamer) and a traitor Vindicaire assassin, Captain's permission pending – before December 15th 2016. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Ultimate Deception and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

Here's a before-picture.

gallery_80057_11150_37130.jpg

Evidence in my WIP thread shows that I've already started painting the first of the squad of seven; hence I don't count the Disciple with the ghoul head towards the squad pledged. On the far right is a converted traitor Vindicaire assassin. Captain Semper, please advise whether this is an acceptable vow. I'll be happy to include the model in the squad of Disciples if you can't or don't want allow it.

Wow! Fantastic conversions!

Brother Kortmer - The Renegade are looking really cool, how much do you have now model/point wise?

That me back on track.  As said a while back the house was getting work done.  So it meant everything in the house had to be pack & put into storage.

But just getting back on track now

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00306_zpsi7txkudf.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00307_zpszpr4vaq3.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00308_zpsf6gx94wg.jpg

Start painting these Bloodletter over this week.

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00305_zpsu4dgcp6y.jpg

If all goes to plan I should have the Renegade Knight finish by the weekend.  While the Bloodletter, going paint some all day tomorrow & next week.  So should hopeful get 20 of them fully painted by end of next weekend. 
Then got Sunday off in two week time.  So going to spend the day building the Daemonkin Marines.  Also just need to buy the Rhino & Predator.  Might try pick up the Predator this week & possible try get it ready for a local tournament?

Wordbearer Bikers are completed!! Which is a relief as I never spent so much time on a single basic squad...

Pictures to be posted this weekend, including starting pics for the EC Bikers and the Dreads.

I'll start the two Warp Talon squads on Wednesday.

Celtic_Cauldron

Holy crap! I can't believe I almost missed the Call of CHaos this year!

Had a quick looksee through the thread and there's been some amazing completions. Kraut's stellar conversions and IW Medic, IP's always excellent Iron Warrior vehicles, that Green Knight by Warsnail, Psycho's most excellent Paetor conversion, Atia's Gal Vorbak, and BadSanta's wub.png Thousand Sons, to name but a few favourites.

Come to think of it, that's no less than three Iron Warrior miniatures I like. This should be reflected somehow... in a vow? msn-wink.gif

I'll round up what I can do. I'm still waiting to pick up BoP, as that will help me somehow.

OK everyone, I see activity returning to the thread! thumbsup.gif TBH I haven't been around as much myself due to RL - but now I'll be back on track!

Good to see some excellent work (yet again) from the Chaos crowd, the quality remains top notch!

We also had another two completions following Anselneo - The Phycho and Large and Moving Torn! Congratulations guys - amazing work too - Chaos is creating a legacy in the B&C! biggrin.png

Welcome to Zujara (good to see ya again), Dragonlover (you're late tongue.png), Sith' ari (good luck this time around), Sgt. Blank (there is no such thing as too many Rhino's - good luck), Brother Kortmer (great conversions mate - very promising).

Look forward to see Kierdale and Augustus and Leonite step forth with their vows and I also hope to see many more join soon as we now stand at 33 participants - a fairly low turn-out for Chaos standards.

Now remember, there is no cut-off date to join, Tzeentch commands your attendance!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

A sorcerer is never late, he arrives exactly when the warp wills it.

I've got the basecoat mostly done on eight guys. It's probably gonna need a third coat of Warpstone Glow, then I can get on with the pink.

Dragonlover

Alright, here goes nothing.

I, Augustus b'Raass, answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete the below-mentioned and detailed six units before December 15th 2016. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Ultimate Deception and continue on the path to vindication. Should I fail I shall wear the Mark of the Lost until next midsummer, and I expect no mercy on my soul!

Uints (WiP pictures in hidden brackets)

1. Night Lords Chaos Havocs with two Lascannons

2. Night Lords Chaos Havocs with two Lascannons and Icon of Vengeance

3. Iron Warriors Chaos Contemptor (Iron Circle counts-as)

4. Iron Warriors Chaos Contemptor (Iron Circle counts-as)

5. Chaos Lord with Mark of Khorne on Juggernaut
6. Chaos Rapier Laser Destroyer unit

Archived