Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

+++Call of Chaos IX+++

Call of Chaos Call of Chaos IX

• Please log in to reply
326 replies to this topic

Large and Moving Torb

Large and Moving Torb

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 403 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion

Posted this progress shot in my WiP thread, but I'll share it here, too. 

DV Chaos Lord in progress

Hoping to get this guy done, or at least to just having the base to do before evacuations this week. Fingers crossed.

• Captain Semper likes this

"It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be. That way and not some other way." -from Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy

My WiP thread: http://www.bolterand...e-marines-wip/

My painting and gaming blog: http://www.chainswordsurprise.com/

Call_of_Chaos_9_Banner_01b.jpgETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_01_.jpgETL_2018_Medal_03_Primus_Interpares_04.gETL_Medal_02.gif

Warsnail2

Warsnail2

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 22 posts

Time for an update!!!

My Knight is done (for the most part anyway) Deciding if it needs more chaotic sybols/transfers, we will have to see what thoughts are

WP_20161005_003_zpsjynu9xxu.jpg

WP_20161005_004_zpsrhn9v4vm.jpg

Also I am adding Lucius/lord I magnetised so i could use him as a chaos lord with options galore!

WP_20161005_001_zpswudltnsk.jpg

• tdemayo, Large and Moving Torb, BadSanta and 3 others like this

Call_of_Chaos_8_Banner_01f_1.jpgCall_of_Chaos_9_Banner_01c.jpg

anselneo

anselneo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 91 posts

Done with my wow. Can finally drop the failure banner from my signature :P

30137746225_703001b864_z.jpg

• tdemayo, Honda, BadSanta and 3 others like this

darkseren1ty

darkseren1ty

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 539 posts
  • Faction: Verum Venatores, Word Bearers
@Anselneo: absolutely beautiful pain job! I love it!

@Warsnail2: that knight is INSANE! How did you convert that head? Do you have a WIP thread showing how you made that knight?

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei03.jpgETL_2016_Banner_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jpCall_of_Chaos_9_Banner_02_Failed.jpg

Warsnail2

Warsnail2

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 22 posts

When i first made the knight i used a heldrake head but decided it didnt work well, what i used to upgrade it was a gun from the tyranofex set, its pritty much what you see there lol

lots of wires later and some greenstuff and its done, if you find the gun on the tyrano set you will see its generally all there

Call_of_Chaos_8_Banner_01f_1.jpgCall_of_Chaos_9_Banner_01c.jpg

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 16,306 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

@ IP: Thanks man, it's corrected now! ;)

@ anselneo: Well done man, you are now a Chosen of Chaos! The relevant badges will be available at the end of the event! :)

Now let's see some more participants reporting in! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

• tdemayo likes this

Large and Moving Torb

Large and Moving Torb

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 403 posts

Another progress update on my Chaos Lord:

Chaos Lord, near completion, front
Chaos Lord, near completion, rear

He's really moving along. My next post will be of the finished model.

• BadSanta, Carrack and darkseren1ty like this

"It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be. That way and not some other way." -from Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy

Call_of_Chaos_9_Banner_01b.jpgETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_01_.jpgETL_2018_Medal_03_Primus_Interpares_04.gETL_Medal_02.gif

KrautScientist

KrautScientist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,699 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters

@ anselneo: Mate, that GUO is fantastic! Brilliant painting on the skin. Your Khârn also looks very promising -- any chance of a closer look?

@ Captain Semper: Right you are, Cap: We definitely need more activity in this thread! This is Chaos, after all!

I am trying to do my part, even if it's only in a small way this week: Here's my mostly finished, second Call model: An Iron Warriors Apothecary (counts-as Chaos Lord), just missing his base (complete with a fallen Imperial Fist):

iron-warriors-apothecary-wip-9.jpg

As usual, more pictures can be found here in my ongoing WIP thread.

• tdemayo, Large and Moving Torb, Sgt. Blank and 4 others like this

Large and Moving Torb

Large and Moving Torb

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 403 posts

Quick update: I've moved my Chaos Lord into the completed column:

Black Legion Chaos Lord, completed, front

I have more images in my Work-in-Progress thread. Excited to have this model done. And I'm halfway done with my vow with more than two months left! So I'm cautiously optimistic. happy.png

• Captain Semper, Nemac Vradon and Carrack like this

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 16,306 posts

So will this bring some life to this thread? 

gallery_5348_11506_38781.jpg

Remember this is the year of Tzeentch! So I sure hope it'll be out before the ned of the event so people can have a shot at him (pun intended).

Relevant N&R thread can be found here.

C'mon let's see some activity here!

• Celtic_cauldron likes this

anselneo

anselneo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 91 posts

Closeups of Khârn as requested :)

30239143615_9be44a1a18.jpg

30153516611_05a595b38b.jpg

Looking at the photos, i might do some work and lighten up the bone color later.

• Large and Moving Torb, Iron-Daemon Forge and Captain Semper like this

Iron-Daemon Forge

Iron-Daemon Forge

++PRODITOR VESANUS++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 9,129 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

So will this bring some life to this thread? 

Well for me, this week seen work done to my house & mean everything I've got to go into boxies & then into storage.  Just so there safe & not in the way.  But once it all complete by Friday & then I've got everything in the house back to normal.  I'm aim on Monday & Tuesday off & going to spend a lot of time getting lot of my own models built &/or painted.  But once that all out of the way I'll have a bit more time toward the hobby.

Just to ask - If Magnus the Red release in time, before Call of Chaos Deadline.  Same goes with the new Thasound Sons models.  Will you be allow member to add them to there current vows?

"perhaps the Ruinous Powers favour you....?"

Iron-Daemon Forge Facebook page
Iron-Daemon Forge Instagram

gallery_48988_15465_7633.pnggallery_48988_15465_13373.pnggallery_29004_9303_844.pnggallery_29004_9303_25996.jpggallery_29004_9303_6178.pnggallery_48988_15465_5251.png

IW 5th Grand Company record since 04: Games play 1078
White Dwarf August 2013 Army of the Month.
Now accepting Games Workshop commission, from painting to converting (UK/Europe only for the time being) PM me or send a email. Note - New web site coming soon.

Large and Moving Torb

Large and Moving Torb

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 403 posts

Well, in honor of Tzeentch, and the model of the lord of the Planet of Sorcerers, I give you a sorcerer:

Black Legion Chaos Sorcerer, base coats

This is the second model in my vow. He's just got basecoats now. Haven't decided exactly how I'm doing the sword, but I'll probably do it last.

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

I did some sculpting yesterday! (time's been hard to come by...)

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

gallery_48988_15465_38466.pngR9n4SPM.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_04.giffriday-award.pngx9we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

I'm not dead, and I like 8th better than 7th.

Spiredfour

Spiredfour

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2 posts
  • Faction: IV Legion: Iron Warriors

Got some of my vow done. Woot woot progress! 6 cultists, 1 chaos lord in terminator armour and 5 out of 7 noise marines.

call of chaos 3
call of chaos 4

Suck it Tzeentch, Slaanesh for life.

• Captain Semper and Res Ipsa Loquitur like this

Iron Father Ferrum

Iron Father Ferrum

++ INTERFECTOR PRODITORES ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,376 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands
Time has indeed been hard to come by; I had to evacuating for most of a week due to the hurricane. But I promise I'll get cracking again now that things are mostly back to normal.
Posted Image

+Corruption of Purpose: Heretic Astartes+
+The Blade Unsheathed: Asuryani+

+AO+ Currently seeking a PhotoShopper to make me a Chaos banner for this signature. +OA+

Warsmith Uveron

Warsmith Uveron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,902 posts

Back to painting some of my Chaos Vows. 

Started work on the Renegades in my Vow, let me know what you think! 

gallery_63905_11231_929976.jpg

gallery_63905_11231_83547.jpg

• Captain Semper, Celtic_cauldron, bloodhound23 and 1 other like this

The Following are links to the collections of threads about my many collections  Uverons Black Crusade , Uverons Imperials, Uverons ORKS!!

Large and Moving Torb

Large and Moving Torb

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 403 posts

More doin'! The sorcerer is coming along:

Sorcerer, near complete, front
Sorcerer, near complete, back

As logged in my WiP thread. So now I'm getting close, I feel confident I will complete this vow! 

• Captain Semper, Nemac Vradon and darkseren1ty like this

Leonite

Leonite

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 666 posts

Holy crap, I almost missed this event happening!

... hmmm.... I'm gonna check the models I have left after ETL. If I feel confident enough to get some of my conversions ready, you might see me joining in with what will likely be no more than four units - it's also exam time here. But I plan to have one Tzeentch unit.

EDIT: At best it'll just BE the one unit. Haven't got anything else Tzeentchian to do, and given my studies I don't have the time to do my special double Chaos Project. I'll save that for ETL if I'm not going full Heresy by then. And yes, this thing is heresy converted, TS PRaetor on Jetbike, but it works as a Tzeentch Lord/Sorcerer on Disc

Edited by Leonite, 15 October 2016 - 06:49 AM.

Call_of_Chaos_8_Banner_01f.jpgETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifETL_2016_Medal_02_Primus_Inter_Pares.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Banner_01f.jpgETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gifETL_2018_Medal_03_Primus_Interpares_04.gETL_Medal_02.gif

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 16,306 posts

OK guys, we're a month into the event and things seem to have quieten down a lot. C'mon let's see some activity here! 

Welcome Leonite, hope you can join! 

Zujara

Zujara

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 256 posts

Starting a kill team, so perfect event to join in on!

I Zujara answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete:

1. 11 Chaos Space Marines with 1 autocannon and 1 meltagun

before December 15th 2016. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Ultimate Deception and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

csmktwip_zpsfb9bk8sc.jpg

gallery_48988_15465_10320.pnggallery_48988_15465_42927.pnggallery_48988_15465_13594.png

Midnightmare

Midnightmare

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,713 posts
Part 1 of my Call complete -

image_88.jpeg
More pics in my WIP log, now onto the Bringers of Despair :)
  • Large and Moving Torb, Captain Semper and KrautScientist like this

Xin Ceithan

Xin Ceithan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,517 posts
  • Faction: The Obsidian Coil, XXth Legio

I am sneakingly and very tzeenthian following the path to glory and can share some hint what is to come regarding my Warpsmith/ Sorcerer.

gallery_66914_10128_541608.jpg

My Word Bearer has been primed but is mostly black, red and iron, so there`s little to post about. Maybe in the next update.

BTW, has anyone already tried the new texture paints - i am considering Martian Iron Crust but I am unsure with what or how to weather those texture paints...

Call_of_Chaos_7_Banner_01c.jpgCall_of_Chaos_9_Banner_01b.jpg

Soldier of Dorn

Soldier of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,491 posts

Finished Khârn the day before yesterday: quite happy with how he came out, even if it is a weird scheme.

med_gallery_78067_12431_44656.jpg

Also started working on the third and final model of my vow: still a work in progress, but a bit of a preview for what is to come. ;)

To bear the Word... to bring my Father's illumination to the heathen... that is the glory of Chaos...

med_gallery_78067_12431_265777.jpg

• Captain Semper and GreyRavenC like this

gallery_48988_15465_712.pnggallery_78067_11287_41024.pnggallery_78067_11287_2164.pnggallery_78067_11287_16564.png

For the light of Sol, and the earth of Terra, we stand. For the oaths we made, we stand. For the blood in our veins, we stand.
For the stones laid by our ancestors, we stand. For the days that have passed and the days that shall come, we stand.
For the living and the honour of the dead, we stand.

Dragonlover

Dragonlover

++ PATRIS ANGUIGENA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,053 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion
You rang?

I Dragonlover answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete 1 Helbrute and 2 squads of Chaos Marines before December 15th 2016. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Ultimate Deception and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

14767391801521450516369.jpg

@Psycho: Sweet Khârn you've got there!

Dragonlover
  • Iron-Daemon Forge, Captain Semper and Soldier of Dorn like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Call of Chaos, Call of Chaos IX

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users