For a future even, maybe The Lost should have to paint up an additional Death Company marine or unit as penance? :wink:

Just a thematic thought.

Charlo sends his thanks for adding to his workload :wink:

How about like the PDF codex, so for every unit you fail to paint in the ETL, you have to paint a Death Company marine?

Hey MG, thanks for making a vow even though you completed your ETL pledge before this event started :smile.: Have you got other bullriders on your plog?

I have several Bulls in the box, and 2 more sets of rider legs, but none built.  This is a test.  I could never figure out how to account for the bolters on the bike, until I got a servo harness type of thing from Anvil Industry and had the brainstorm to add bolters to the arms.  THAT counts as the bolters on the bike, and the riders hands can still be equipped as normal.  IF this works out well I will finish a squad.  Now I need to figure out how to make an attack bike :/

Oh, and what color to make the bull?

Maybe an attack bike could be a chariot also pulled by the bull? So one marine on bull "driving" it and another gunner in the chariot with the heavier weapon? Sounds awesome to me.

Would logically make shooting straight forward a bad idea without some height to the chariot, but the rule of cool doesn't care!

Maybe an attack bike could be a chariot also pulled by the bull? So one marine on bull "driving" it and another gunner in the chariot with the heavier weapon? Sounds awesome to me.

Would logically make shooting straight forward a bad idea without some height to the chariot, but the rule of cool doesn't care!

Funny you should say that - I have the space wolf chariot that I am looking at remodeling into a Greek theme, possibly pulled by two of my bulls.  Only problem is it might be too big to be an attack bike.  Was thinking of using it as a land-speeder.  Not sure yet.  Might be able to scratch build some kind of smaller chariot or platform for the attack bike.  Might even just put 2 bulls on a larger (round) base that an attack bike would go on, give 1 rider regular weapons, and the other a heavy weapon.  Let me get this first one done and see if I am happy with it.

Hopefully this can spur me on a bit to finish my drop Company of the IXth :D Particularly for the Heresy Campaign Weekend in Late October!

Ive got a bunch of things to finish up when my last batch of keen dried up so im probably going to split into some smaller vows to keep my brains straight :D Most of it so far is base painted or washed, i got a bit keen and splashed some red on my first vow...

I Noserenda rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete One Moritat and One Leviathan Dreadnought on or before November 30th, 2016. Should I bring honour to the VIXth Legion, LV Drop Company. I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c188/Noserenda/Models/Blood%20Angels/14322506_10154446598245797_7835739002259940884_n.jpg

And Coming in future vows...

2x Tactical Squads
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c188/Noserenda/Models/Blood%20Angels/14324308_10154446602515797_1594461267865072042_o.jpg
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c188/Noserenda/Models/Blood%20Angels/14372331_10154446602885797_6587543914067262255_o.jpg

And Some Drop Pods... (zzzz)
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c188/Noserenda/Models/Blood%20Angels/14355694_10154446597965797_1224841136461509108_n.jpg

Including a lucius pod i need to order asap...

[As Jolemai is essentially our Astorath I currently see myself as Lemartes... I guess :tongue.:]

No, Charlo, THIS is you:

http://thumbs.picclick.com/00/s/ODg0WDcyOA==/z/8yYAAOSwaB5XuIQ2/$/Space-Marines-Blood-Angels-Chaplain-Lemartes-OOP-Metal-_1.jpg

;)

I, Brother Lemartes, rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete one Chaplain with Valor's Edge on or before November 30th, 2016. Should I bring honour to the Blood Revenants, a Blood Angels successor chapter, I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

image2

Lots of great vows here, brothers.

I will definitely be joining soon and I am going to pledge everything that I have left to paint for the tournament on 26 November.

I just need to decide on my list. I thought I had settled 100% on a list, but now with Angel's Blade I am thinking long and hard about switching up my list. The list I have now is already pretty close to being a Demi Company with other fun stuff on the side, and I would dearly love to run the Golden Host. However, the formations sound fairly inflexible and might not work well for this particular event. Anyway, once I've figured out what I'm doing I'll vow.

Question for people who paint BA more often than I:

Do you normally prime for your BA with a darker color, i.e. black, or a lighter color, i.e. white? I think I'm probably going to lean towards a darker scheme (like I did here) so I'll use a black primer for that, but if I decide to change up my scheme a bit to a more traditional BA scheme I might go with a light grey or white base (I tend to prefer light grey, even when I'm painting something like white, but that's just me.) I was wondering what other people went with?

I find grey much easier to work with because I can see the details much better but I paint my guys black because I want the slightly darker effect. Of course "my guys" are purple ...

For classic BA you may consider a red undercoat. GW does s Meohiston Red primer.

I stick with grey for Sanguinary Guard.

Do you normally prime for your BA with a darker color, i.e. black, or a lighter color, i.e. white? I think I'm probably going to lean towards a darker scheme (like I did here) so I'll use a black primer for that, but if I decide to change up my scheme a bit to a more traditional BA scheme I might go with a light grey or white base (I tend to prefer light grey, even when I'm painting something like white, but that's just me.) I was wondering what other people went with?

Priming black is for people with xray vision or masochistic tendencies. Unless its a black model I prime grey. Its neutral and easy to see.

Also:

I appiah5 rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete 1 Devastator Squad (3 MLs, 1 LC) on or before November 30th, 2016. Should I bring honour to the Blood Angels I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

Edit: Starting pics:

gallery_60983_8363_498670.jpg

Edited by appiah5

Hopefully this can spur me on a bit to finish my drop Company of the IXth :biggrin.: Particularly for the Heresy Campaign Weekend in Late October!

Ive got a bunch of things to finish up when my last batch of keen dried up so im probably going to split into some smaller vows to keep my brains straight :biggrin.: Most of it so far is base painted or washed, i got a bit keen and splashed some red on my first vow...

I Noserenda rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete One Moritat and One Leviathan Dreadnought on or before November 30th, 2016. Should I bring honour to the VIXth Legion, LV Drop Company. I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c188/Noserenda/Models/Blood%20Angels/14322506_10154446598245797_7835739002259940884_n.jpg

And Coming in future vows...

2x Tactical Squads

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c188/Noserenda/Models/Blood%20Angels/14324308_10154446602515797_1594461267865072042_o.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c188/Noserenda/Models/Blood%20Angels/14372331_10154446602885797_6587543914067262255_o.jpg

And Some Drop Pods... (zzzz)

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c188/Noserenda/Models/Blood%20Angels/14355694_10154446597965797_1224841136461509108_n.jpg

Including a lucius pod i need to order asap...

Welcome to the event! Think this might be the first (or one of the first) BA Moritats we've seen on this forum :happy.: As for the others, feel free to vow them when you're done. Just remember that the event closes on the 30th November and it's supposed to be a stress-free, casual event!

I, Brother Lemartes, rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete one Chaplain with Valor's Edge on or before November 30th, 2016. Should I bring honour to the Blood Revenants, a Blood Angels successor chapter, I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

Glad to have you on board :thumbsup:

Priming black is for people with xray vision or masochistic tendencies. Unless its a black model I prime grey. Its neutral and easy to see.

Also:

I appiah5 rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete 1 Devastator Squad (3 MLs, 1 LC) on or before November 30th, 2016. Should I bring honour to the [insert Chapter/Legion/Strikeforce/etc] I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

Pics to follow..

Classic loadout indeed (and totally how I tend to equip mine) Are these recent models or classic ones?

Oh, and updated to here.

Also:

I appiah5 rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete 1 Devastator Squad (3 MLs, 1 LC) on or before November 30th, 2016. Should I bring honour to the [insert Chapter/Legion/Strikeforce/etc] I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

Pics to follow..

Classic loadout indeed (and totally how I tend to equip mine) Are these recent models or classic ones?

Oh, and updated to here.

Of course they are classic ones. ;) Well, classic-ish; not 2nd edition pewter ones but rather things I put together with 3rd edition plastic tacticals and 4th edition plastic devastator bitz.

I [insert name Xenith] rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete [insert units 1 Devastator Squad with 4x lascannons, one Death Company Dread] on or before November 30th, 2016. Should I bring honour to the [insert Chapter] I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

Dev's

gallery_58096_11927_774114.jpg

Dread

gallery_58096_12427_188240.jpg

As a Secondary, I will be adding squad markings to the knees of all Dev squad members, and doing some form of freehand on the dreads right leg pad.

Charlo if you don't make this one, can you actually wear the CARCERES IRA on your chest? :D

I [insert name Xenith] rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete [insert units 1 Devastator Squad with 4x lascannons, one Death Company Dread] on or before November 30th, 2016. Should I bring honour to the [insert Chapter] I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

Dev's

gallery_58096_11927_774114.jpg

Dread

gallery_58096_12427_188240.jpg

As a Secondary, I will be adding squad markings to the knees of all Dev squad members, and doing some form of freehand on the dreads right leg pad.

Charlo if you don't make this one, can you actually wear the CARCERES IRA on your chest? :biggrin.:

OK insert name Xenith, you're in :thumbsup:

I Uveron rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete 6 Scouts with Sniper Rifles and a Misslie Launcher and a vindicare assassin  on or before November 30th, 2016. Should I bring honour to the “Emperor's Harbingers, Scions of the Blood of Sanguinius” I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

Welcome to your first BA event :smile.: Looking forward to seeing your Successor Chapter (don't forget to add a starting image!)

Photos added!