Is today not the last day?  I have my final model done - my bike/bull rider, he is just drying and in need of a tad more shading.  Will post when I get home from work.

Edited by MadGreek

Is today not the last day?  I have my final model done - my bike/bull rider, he is just drying and in need of a tad more shading.  Will post when I get home from work.

Thread updated to here and once again, please accept my apologies for not updating it sooner!

Meanwhile, I'm really busy this week with thesis corrections so I'm extending the deadline until Friday 1200 UTC  (0500 PDT, 0600 CDT, 0700 EDT, 1300 CEST, 2000 AWST, 2130 ACST 2200 AEST), with the awards ceremony and event summary happening the following Monday. Get your completions in whilst you can folks!

:)

OK, done! 

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t371/MDemetris/IMAG0518_zpsjwck8nzn.jpg

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t371/MDemetris/IMAG0520_zps9dlg4azi.jpg

Bull Rider (Counts as Space Marine Bike Rider). This is the Sergeant with Power Spear.  I think the test of concept was a success for me.  I will order a few more mechanical arm back packs from Anvil and will finish off my squad of Bull Riders. 

AND NOW - because I find myself with an extra day, and first vow complete, and since I never know when to let good enough be good enough - 

I, the Mad Greek, rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete 1 Death Company Captain (Counts as Tycho), on or before the deadline for submission.  Should I bring honor to my chapter I will proudly wear the Iratus Dominus badge; should I fail i will disply the Cerceres Ira on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t371/MDemetris/IMAG0516_zpstbpqcymd.jpg

One on the left is the future DC Captain, one on the right is the future regular Captain.  Figured since I was following a pretty solid DC theme here (other than the Bull Rider), I would continue.  Bot models have identical torsos, power packs, right arms, weapon, and Pteruges.  Legs are different as is the left arm.  Since all my models have helmets I can't show the face/face mask.  Instead, my DC version has bionic left arm and leg to account for the injuries that lead to his Rage.

And that's one more vow down:

med_gallery_78067_12431_415581.jpg

Now just need to finish my Imperial Fists Expansion in the next two days...

http://66.media.tumblr.com/3f90774a68fa98b2ecf501b7ae7c64ab/tumblr_n4n3ovsH351r4jsw7o1_500.jpg

Look down, look down, Sweet Jesus hear my prayer.

22 HOURS TO GO!

AND NOW - because I find myself with an extra day, and first vow complete, and since I never know when to let good enough be good enough - 

I, the Mad Greek, rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete 1 Death Company Captain (Counts as Tycho), on or before the deadline for submission.  Should I bring honor to my chapter I will proudly wear the Iratus Dominus badge; should I fail i will disply the Cerceres Ira on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t371/MDemetris/IMAG0516_zpstbpqcymd.jpg

One on the left is the future DC Captain, one on the right is the future regular Captain.  Figured since I was following a pretty solid DC theme here (other than the Bull Rider), I would continue.  Bot models have identical torsos, power packs, right arms, weapon, and Pteruges.  Legs are different as is the left arm.  Since all my models have helmets I can't show the face/face mask.  Instead, my DC version has bionic left arm and leg to account for the injuries that lead to his Rage.

Bonkers! Glad to hear the RTS is motivating you though :) The question is, will you get it done in time?

And, my last vow - Captain Tychon (Counts as DC Tycho).  Yes, I know, but the thing is, Tychon is the Ancient Greek version of the (still) Greek, but Romanized, Tycho.  Name subject to change, but short on time now.

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t371/MDemetris/IMAG0521_zpssyrsykru.jpg

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t371/MDemetris/IMAG0532_zpswvwfb2bj.jpg

A close up of his DC Pad ^  and his most excellent Bronze Bull Chapter Badge pad v

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t371/MDemetris/IMAG0535_zps58gehqnw.jpg

From Rage to Salvation 2016 is officially over!

gallery_27176_8461_79162.jpg

Thank you all for participating and for making the continued revival of the RTS worthwhile! I'll be posting a recap of the event and officially confirming the rewards as soon as I can.

Great work everyone!

I really wish I held off on vowing all my pods... It really killed my motivation, but at least they are finished now! Would have loved to get more done for this though.

Indeed, at least they are finished now and that's the main thing :thumbsup:

Well, no house red.  I'll have to make do with this instead - 

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t371/MDemetris/IMAG0536_zpsov5pqcvc.jpg

Oh, and my WIP counts as Cassor the Damned right there in the bottom left of the pic :thumbsup:

Lemartes watched the small group of Space Marines as they bore their Captain on their shoulders towards the Imperial lines. The breach had fallen and the outer ring of fortifications and bunkers were now in Imperial hands. Tycho had held the breach long enough for the rest of the army to reach the walls and carry the day. With a tenderness that belied the gore-streaked appearance of the Blood Angels, they laid Brother Captain Erasmus Tycho at the feet of Chaplain Lemartes. He knelt by the bloody corpse, laying a hand on his brow and staring at his friend's face. Perhaps it was just the relaxation of muscle that followed death, but he believed he could see a softening in Tycho's features, as though the terrible disfigurement done to him had retreated within his flesh. He hoped so.
"Farewell brother," he whispered. "You will not be forgotten."

From Rage to Salvation - 2016

Awards Ceremony

On the blood-soaked threads of the BA sub-sector in the B&C galaxy, From Rage to Salvation - 2016 campaign comes to a close. As the Death Company charged, ready to pay the ultimate price in defense of our Imperial way of life whose songs sang loudest? Who carried the day to enable the Angelic Host to defeat the heretic, the xenos, the traitor? And who was brave enough to follow their lead?

The RTS exists as a method of encouragement for those stuck in a rut regards to painting. It gives you a goal and a reward to paint those half-finished units that haunt our collection and I'm happy to say many took up the challenge. The Angelic Host for this year's RTS consisted of 18 Frater and with 12 completions this makes a 67 % conversion rate - and this is before we factor in those of The Lost who returned to us. The first ever RTS had a conversion rate of 47 %, whilst last year's event saw a rate of 68 %. This shows that the BA spirit re-discovered during the ETL IV remains strong (especially when we consider the completion rate of 85.2% acquired during ETL V) and puts us in good stead for the forthcoming events in 2017.

On the the rewards:

The Angelic Host

The following may proudly display the Iratus Dominus gallery_62972_10568_26224.jpg
  • Boudan
  • Brother Lemartes
  • Father Mapple
  • Hannibaal
  • Mad Greek
  • Noserenda
  • Sinsinatus
  • SM1981
  • The Psycho
  • Tyriks
  • Uveron
  • Xenith
However, sadly, some have failed our Primarch and as such may display the Carceres Ira as a reminder of their failure gallery_62972_10568_20441.jpg
Remember, Pity not those who do fall and Treat them with honour, my Brothers. Not because they will bring us victory this day, but because their fate will one day be ours. Certainly, I have carried my shame/Carceres Ira longer than most and I will do until that vow is complete. However, it is up to you entirely but it's a pretty badge nonetheless.

The LOST

During the ETL IV many of our number fell to The Black Rage and were inducted into the Death Company. As is our way, the Death Company get one final chance at atonement, a chance to cast aside the Rage and grasp at their Salvation. Those who fell bore a ceremonial signature:

gallery_62972_10568_73818.jpg

Their mission, tasked by the Reclusiam and approved by Commander Dante himself, was to complete their ETL vows during the RTS lifetime. Of those inducted into The Lost I am proud to say that some did in fact return to us with their salvation attained:
  • Dont-Be-Haten
  • Mad Greek
  • Mandaloriano
  • Moritan
It is these who may replace the above banner with the following:

gallery_62972_10568_31269.jpg

Other than that, I thank you all for participating and for your patience with me and my running of the event. I hope you all enjoyed it and I'd love for some feedback via PM should you have the time. All being well, this even will resume next year and there may be something in the works before the ETL in February and March :wink: Edited by Jolemai