First off folks, please accept my apologies for the lack of updates of late; only I've not been online for a few weeks due to RL reasons. I'll get up to spend as soon as I can but it's great to see people getting on with and completing their vows :happy.:

Secondly, From Rage to Salvation 2016 is due to end TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY, so those of you with outstanding vows best start applying the final touches to your miniature(s) if you want to avoid the CARCERES IRA.

Meanwhile, I've just gotten off the phone with Astorath and he's keeping his diary free for the 30th November...

We're also having a round of golf on Baal Secundus that afternoon (we missed the tee-off time last year due to a warp storm). It's a nice course but the bunker shots are insane.

2 more weeks? Get to it cousins!!!

Second vow complete - Imperial Knight of House Cadmus (named Pareus) currently in service to the Blood Angels as a Freeblade.  

Death Company (ne House Cadmus) Knight 11

Death Company (ne House Cadmus) Knight 10

Death Company (ne House Cadmus) Knight 09

Death Company (ne House Cadmus) Knight 08

Death Company (ne House Cadmus) Knight 07

Death Company (ne House Cadmus) Knight 02

Death Company (ne House Cadmus) Knight 03

Death Company (ne House Cadmus) Knight 04

Death Company (ne House Cadmus) Knight 05

Death Company (ne House Cadmus) Knight 06

Death Company (ne House Cadmus) Knight 01

Death Company (ne House Cadmus) Knight Weapons and Accessories

In the defense of Escallon's capital, Pareus and his four brother knights found themselves trapped in a maze of alleys with thousands of orks and a dozen-strong stompa mob closing in.  One by one the knights of House Cadmus fell as they grudgingly withdrew towards the docks.  Every minute they fought gave thousands of the remaining Imperial forces time to board the evacuation transports.  The city would fall.  The only question was how much could be saved.

At last, Pareus stood alone - sheltered in the half-collapsed ruin of the portside Arbites precinct.  Nine wrecked stompas and countless orks lay strewn across the plaza before the sundered fortifications.  Less than a tenth of the Arbites remained to fight the raging horde along side Pareus when the buildings across from them were shoved over into heaps of rubble.  The cloud of dust wafted across the square and the roar of collapsing stone and masonry drown out the din of battle.  Both sides paused - awaiting a clear view of their opponents.

As the silence stretched on, a sudden breeze wafted across the battlefield carrying the scent of blood and smoke as it revealed a terrifying site.  The walking, belching tower of armor and guns pushing through the ruins was an avatar of the greenskins.  The orks around the precinct fortress set up a mighty roar at the site of one of Gork's (or Mork's) mighty incarnations and then renewed their assault with fresh fury.  The guns of the gargant exploded into action and the defenders cover seemed to evaporate.  Pareus and his few remaining Arbites were driven behind the failing walls.  All they could do is cover the gaps in the walls and kill as many of the entering orks as possible before they were overwhelmed.  There were more targets than remaining ammo.  The outcome certain.

As the defenders fell one by one, the piles of ork corpses filled the breaches.  The smoking ruins of warmachines slain by Pareus lay burning where they had attempted to swarm.  Finally, a huge explosion blasted through the gatehouse and the gargant shoved its way into view.  With a roaring battlecry shouted from the vox, Pareus charged the monster machine that towered twice his height.  Speed and agility kept the knight under the line of the beasts guns and slashes from his great chainsword carved gouges in great green armor plate.  But for all the apparent damage, Pareus could inflict no mortal wound.  A tide of orks threw themselves at his legs - slowing him - trapping him.  When his mobility was gone, the gargant would sweep him away like an insect.  

No options remained.  Pareus would sell his life dearly and deny the savages the opportunity to salvage and desecrate his venerable machine.  Detonating his engines would accomplish this as well as take hundreds of the brutes with him.  With luck, the proximity and force of the blast might be enough to destroy the ork's towering idol of war.  With damage icons flashing and his mobility failing, he began the sequence.  Alarms blared in the cockpit counting down to doom.  A rising whine announced the approaching overload.  Just a few moments and Pareus would strike his final blow.

Suddenly, the knight was struck with a mighty blow.  The gargant had spun away from him and smashed smashed his warmachine aside.  The orks that moments ago had sought to tie him down with the sheer weight of their numbers now jumped off his legs and arms to charge into the wake of their suddenly departing war god.  As Pareus rsteadied his knight, he saw ork brutes shooting up at the gargant.  They seemed to be firing at armored black figures that swarmed over the green giant.  Some of the figures ascended the weapon arm gantries and slew the ork gun crews with bolt pistols and chainswords.  Others threw grenades and melta charges through gunports, hatches, and doors.  Pareus could just make out a skull helmed figure descend on fiery wings shooting plasma and wielding a mighty rod of Imperial office.  The armor was festooned with seals and parchment.  A great winged blood drop wreathed with open wings stood out on chest and shoulder pauldron.  The Emperor's Angels of Death had arrived.

Suddenly remembering the clarion counting down to his death, Pareus cancelled his apocalypse.  With a great shout of praise for the Emperor, Pareus drove his wounded knight into the rear of the ork horde.  His chainsword swept away scores of the greenskins who were trying to shoot down the frenzied Astartes.  Explosions shuddered through the great green war machine as charges detonated magazines and critical systems.  Flames and smoke vomited from rents torn in the hull.  The monster began to stagger and the roar of the orks changed to a cry.  As their god wobbled and teetered,  they began to run to get clear.  The slow motion collapse of the flaming hulk crushed thousands.  The Death Company marines lept from the falling corpse to land crushingly among the disheartened mob.  Shrugging off mighty blows and punishing shots, the Astartes swept into the crowd in a bloody tide.  Pareus maneuvered into their wake to provide the support of his battle cannon against the remaining ork war machines.  Orks fled before them, abandoning the ruined precinct fortress and the square before it for the cover and concealment of the ruins.  In the just cleared body and wreckage strewn plaza, sudden crashes sounded.  Pareus looked back and saw the crimson drop pods of the Blood Angels landing to disgorge their deadly cargoes.  This day was saved and so was his life.  Pareus was ashamed that he had lost hope.  He vowed then to himself to fight along side these mighty warriors until his fallen brothers were avenged and his honor redeemed.  Their black and red livery would become the outward sign of his penitent oath.
Edited by Sinsinatus

Great everything as well! Good paint. Inspiring story for that knight!

I guess the Blood Angels saw the advantage of having a completely loyal knight Titan and overlook the potential witness of the death company if he's driving a Titan. ;)

Seriously though, a great short fiction.

Brothers, you may have noticed that I have already donned the Carceres Ira banner..  It is my great joy to announce that this is the happiest failure of my life..  As cross posted from the BA Today thread: My family has been blessed with the early arrival of a new Initiate..  As such, I have been reassigned to the post of Master of Recruits at home, and my time will be mostly reserved to overseeing all initiation rites.  I will likely have my hobby time reduced to pretty much nothing, so do not expect anything but sporadic painting from me until our Initiate is ready to join the reserve company..  So, see you all later, whenever that may be.  You will be missed.

Congrats on the new kiddo, they're amazing even when they smell like plague zombies.

And as for hobby, they sleep a lot that first year, and by the 3rd year, they'll play by themselves or paint some paper while parent is painting plastic. You'll find time! It's that 18 months through 3 or so that they're basically death company, trying to leap of tall stuff, and eating enemies or random things on the floor, where they need a lot of attention.

I Uveron rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete 6 Scouts with Sniper Rifles and a Misslie Launcher and a vindicare assassin on or before November 30th, 2016. Should I bring honour to the “Emperor's Harbingers, Scions of the Blood of Sanguinius” I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

I Declare my Vow Complete!

gallery_63905_11231_1583208.jpg

gallery_63905_11231_911449.jpg

gallery_63905_11231_1918385.jpg

gallery_63905_11231_584936.jpg

Congratulations on some excellent looking models! Wear your gallery_62972_10568_26224.jpg with pride!

Salvation attained! Welcome back to the fold :wink:

gallery_88305_12412_575077.jpg

gallery_88305_12412_603765.jpg

gallery_88305_12412_88879.jpg

And done - Vow complete!

Congrats and enjoy your gallery_62972_10568_26224.jpg as you've earned it! Hopefully those models will come back when it's our turn for the Made to Order promotion...

I Noserenda rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete Three Legion Drop Pods on or before November 30th, 2016. Should I bring honour to the VIXth Legion, LV Drop Company. I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

They are currently resting in various states of undercoating and dont really merit another photo :tongue.: (Theres one earlier in the thread)

So! Drop Pods are awfully tedious to paint, especially when you didnt build 2 of them and they arent subassembled properly! But...

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c188/Noserenda/Models/Blood%20Angels/14859850_101545.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c188/Noserenda/Models/Blood%20Angels/14718784_10154569551050797_.jpg

Completes my Vows for now, i have some other pods im rescuing but i havent decided whether or not to strip them yet :smile.:

I did manage to get the Company out for a few terrible photos though...

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c188/Noserenda/Models/Blood%20Angels/14859850_10154569176780797_7470478321986738859_o.jpg

Hopefully ill get some actually nice ones up at WHW this weekend :smile.:

Three Pods! Glad to see RTS 16 was beneficial to you :smile.: Enjoy your gallery_62972_10568_26224.jpg

As a huge fan of a bone interior, this gets my approval :happy.: Salvation attained!

These are the final vows for my Rage to Salvation 2016 pledge.

A few notes: I decided to keep all of the un-helmeted heads to keep this Raphen’s Unit very distinct from the other Death Company, so we know which squad is which. I built all these models with my first set of Death Company I bought for my Blood Angels when the new kit came out in 2009, but modeled them all on “Rule of Cool” and not playability. Now it looks like I have Sanguinus’s own prescience, as they more or less exactly make up Raphen’s squad.

My secondary vow of 1 death company marine with bolter is also included. He’s an old Black Reach marine that I needed to fill out the total number of bolter marines I wanted. Also, rubbish phone is rubbish at taking pictures.

30967196625_ec68c34aa9_c.jpg

30967231025_df53909829_c.jpg

I painted their eyes a pearlescent white for 2 reasons: 1) I’ve seen something similar on some 40k artwork to represent the psychic might of their rage being unleashed and their flashbacks to Sanguinius, and 2) it’s simple.

Thanks again to Jolemai for running the event and the fellow brethren who joined me in this pledged quest.

Now I have some Heresy marines to work on next, (HERE) and then I’ll be back to Blood Angels to finish up 5 thunder hammer storm shield terminators or 7 more Tactical Terminators to get within spitting distance of my Arch Angels list.

Nice colours on your vow. Enjoy your gallery_62972_10568_26224.jpg and congrats :smile.:

So, some horror cam photos of the Dev squad.

gallery_58096_11927_1247967.jpg

And knee markings on them all to complete my secondary vow.

gallery_58096_11927_708099.jpg

Always good to see the XBA in these events, especially when the secondaries are always freehand markings! Definitely earned a gallery_62972_10568_26224.jpg

Second vow complete - Imperial Knight of House Cadmus (named Pareus) currently in service to the Blood Angels as a Freeblade.

Aww. Now my DC Knight wont be the first to be completed :sad.:

Seriously though, congrats on the completion and the gallery_62972_10568_26224.jpg

In the defense of Escallon's capital, Pareus and his four brother knights found themselves trapped in a maze of alleys with thousands of orks and a dozen-strong stompa mob closing in. One by one the knights of House Cadmus fell as they grudgingly withdrew towards the docks. Every minute they fought gave thousands of the remaining Imperial forces time to board the evacuation transports. The city would fall. The only question was how much could be saved.

At last, Pareus stood alone - sheltered in the half-collapsed ruin of the portside Arbites precinct. Nine wrecked stompas and countless orks lay strewn across the plaza before the sundered fortifications. Less than a tenth of the Arbites remained to fight the raging horde along side Pareus when the buildings across from them were shoved over into heaps of rubble. The cloud of dust wafted across the square and the roar of collapsing stone and masonry drown out the din of battle. Both sides paused - awaiting a clear view of their opponents.

As the silence stretched on, a sudden breeze wafted across the battlefield carrying the scent of blood and smoke as it revealed a terrifying site. The walking, belching tower of armor and guns pushing through the ruins was an avatar of the greenskins. The orks around the precinct fortress set up a mighty roar at the site of one of Gork's (or Mork's) mighty incarnations and then renewed their assault with fresh fury. The guns of the gargant exploded into action and the defenders cover seemed to evaporate. Pareus and his few remaining Arbites were driven behind the failing walls. All they could do is cover the gaps in the walls and kill as many of the entering orks as possible before they were overwhelmed. There were more targets than remaining ammo. The outcome certain.

As the defenders fell one by one, the piles of ork corpses filled the breaches. The smoking ruins of warmachines slain by Pareus lay burning where they had attempted to swarm. Finally, a huge explosion blasted through the gatehouse and the gargant shoved its way into view. With a roaring battlecry shouted from the vox, Pareus charged the monster machine that towered twice his height. Speed and agility kept the knight under the line of the beasts guns and slashes from his great chainsword carved gouges in great green armor plate. But for all the apparent damage, Pareus could inflict no mortal wound. A tide of orks threw themselves at his legs - slowing him - trapping him. When his mobility was gone, the gargant would sweep him away like an insect.

No options remained. Pareus would sell his life dearly and deny the savages the opportunity to salvage and desecrate his venerable machine. Detonating his engines would accomplish this as well as take hundreds of the brutes with him. With luck, the proximity and force of the blast might be enough to destroy the ork's towering idol of war. With damage icons flashing and his mobility failing, he began the sequence. Alarms blared in the cockpit counting down to doom. A rising whine announced the approaching overload. Just a few moments and Pareus would strike his final blow.

Suddenly, the knight was struck with a mighty blow. The gargant had spun away from him and smashed smashed his warmachine aside. The orks that moments ago had sought to tie him down with the sheer weight of their numbers now jumped off his legs and arms to charge into the wake of their suddenly departing war god. As Pareus rsteadied his knight, he saw ork brutes shooting up at the gargant. They seemed to be firing at armored black figures that swarmed over the green giant. Some of the figures ascended the weapon arm gantries and slew the ork gun crews with bolt pistols and chainswords. Others threw grenades and melta charges through gunports, hatches, and doors. Pareus could just make out a skull helmed figure descend on fiery wings shooting plasma and wielding a mighty rod of Imperial office. The armor was festooned with seals and parchment. A great winged blood drop wreathed with open wings stood out on chest and shoulder pauldron. The Emperor's Angels of Death had arrived.

Suddenly remembering the clarion counting down to his death, Pareus cancelled his apocalypse. With a great shout of praise for the Emperor, Pareus drove his wounded knight into the rear of the ork horde. His chainsword swept away scores of the greenskins who were trying to shoot down the frenzied Astartes. Explosions shuddered through the great green war machine as charges detonated magazines and critical systems. Flames and smoke vomited from rents torn in the hull. The monster began to stagger and the roar of the orks changed to a cry. As their god wobbled and teetered, they began to run to get clear. The slow motion collapse of the flaming hulk crushed thousands. The Death Company marines lept from the falling corpse to land crushingly among the disheartened mob. Shrugging off mighty blows and punishing shots, the Astartes swept into the crowd in a bloody tide. Pareus maneuvered into their wake to provide the support of his battle cannon against the remaining ork war machines. Orks fled before them, abandoning the ruined precinct fortress and the square before it for the cover and concealment of the ruins. In the just cleared body and wreckage strewn plaza, sudden crashes sounded. Pareus looked back and saw the crimson drop pods of the Blood Angels landing to disgorge their deadly cargoes. This day was saved and so was his life. Pareus was ashamed that he had lost hope. He vowed then to himself to fight along side these mighty warriors until his fallen brothers were avenged and his honor redeemed. Their black and red livery would become the outward sign of his penitent oath.

Thread updated to here and once again, please accept my apologies for not updating it sooner!

Meanwhile, I'm really busy this week with thesis corrections so I'm extending the deadline until Friday 1200 UTC  (0500 PDT, 0600 CDT, 0700 EDT, 1300 CEST, 2000 AWST, 2130 ACST 2200 AEST), with the awards ceremony and event summary happening the following Monday. Get your completions in whilst you can folks!

Thread updated to here and once again, please accept my apologies for not updating it sooner!

Meanwhile, I'm really busy this week with thesis corrections so I'm extending the deadline until Friday 1200 UTC  (0500 PDT, 0600 CDT, 0700 EDT, 1300 CEST, 2000 AWST, 2130 ACST 2200 AEST), with the awards ceremony and event summary happening the following Monday. Get your completions in whilst you can folks!

Awards ceremony?

OK, DC Chaplain complete.  Also, touch ups done on DC Squad - Weapon hafts changed to red, helmet crests changed to black (black and white for Sgt), Power Fist made red.  Still working on bull rider bike conversion.  Gonna be close.

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t371/MDemetris/IMAG0506_zpsr4kaafk4.jpg

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t371/MDemetris/IMAG0507_zpsnxtszrzy.jpg

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t371/MDemetris/IMAG0508_zpsgn0b4i8x.jpg

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t371/MDemetris/IMAG0510_zpsrasy7k0n.jpg

Base on Chappy very glossy.  put a layer of 'ARDCOAT on it.  Need to get some matt varnish to tone it down.

OK, DC Chaplain complete.  Also, touch ups done on DC Squad - Weapon hafts changed to red, helmet crests changed to black (black and white for Sgt), Power Fist made red.  Still working on bull rider bike conversion.  Gonna be close.

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t371/MDemetris/IMAG0506_zpsr4kaafk4.jpg

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t371/MDemetris/IMAG0507_zpsnxtszrzy.jpg

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t371/MDemetris/IMAG0508_zpsgn0b4i8x.jpg

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t371/MDemetris/IMAG0510_zpsrasy7k0n.jpg

Base on Chappy very glossy.  put a layer of 'ARDCOAT on it.  Need to get some matt varnish to tone it down.

Very nice chaplain! What kit is the scythe from? I want to steal that for the armor bane dc relic blade thing!

I want to sincerely apologize for not participating in this event. Even though I managed to complete two chaplains and a raider, I was so busy trying to bust them out that I didn't get to take before pics and pledge to this thread. Perhaps next year!

No problem and all being well, there will be an RTS '17 :)