darkseren1ty

Thanks. I didn't like the granite grey [of lies] colour scheme that was the standard for pre-heresy WB, and I was absolutely appalled at the silver trim/maroon armour of 40k WB. The only one that appealed to me was a dark red armour with black edging.

But then I remembered reading that Lorgar was a nascent psyker, and when he embraced Chaos, his psychic potential was unleashed (so I guess I'll be paying 75 pts for that upgrade). So to represent his barely suppressed psychic might, I tried to get a blue glow effect of the Colchisian runes inscribed into his armor (my original attempt was a rainbow colored glow to represent blessings from all the Ruinous Powers, but that proved too garish and more appropriate for Fulgrim or other Slaaneshi devotee).

If you look carefully, the actual armor plate is still the granite grey of the pre-heresy WB, but the blue energy glow of warp-fuelled psychic potential provides so much vibrancy to the dull grey armor that it overwhelms it, thus conveying my vision of barely suppressed psychic might.

FYI, the face was difficult to paint. I had to take serial HDR pictures of his head and make the corrections based on the magnified photos as my eyesight couldn't find all the details (especially around the eyes).

Nice work here! I've always thought the Lorgar model was a little lacking, but some examples on the B&C are having me rethink that! I like the armor, and especially like the paint-job on his face. The backpack looks a little bit dry-brushey... But the overall effect is great! Hope to see more WB from ya!

Archived