+++ Nightlords Pride of the legion (2999pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List (Age of Darkness) ++

+ HQ +

'Sevatar'

····Legiones Astartes [Legion Specific Rules]

····Master of the Legion [Pride of the Legion]

+ Troops +

Legion Terminator Squad [3x Combi-Weapon, 6x Legion Terminators, 4x Lightning Claw, Tartaros Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon]

····Legion Spartan Assault Tank [Flare Shield, Frag Assault Launchers, Twin-linked Heavy Flamer]

····Legion Terminator Sergeant [Combi-Weapon, Nostraman Chainglaive]

Legion Terminator Squad [Chainfist, 3x Combi-Weapon, 6x Legion Terminators, 2x Power Fist, Tartaros Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon]

····Legion Spartan Assault Tank [Flare Shield, Frag Assault Launchers, Twin-linked Heavy Flamer]

Legion Terminator Squad [Chainfist, 3x Combi-Weapon, 6x Legion Terminators, 2x Lightning Claw, Tartaros Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon]

+ Heavy Support +

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought [Aiolos Missile Launcher]

Legion Predator Strike Armoured Squadron

····Legion Predator Tank [Extra Armour, Lascannons, Machine Spirit]

Legion Vindicator Siege Tank Squadron

····Legion Vindicator Tank [Combi-Weapon, Extra Armour]

····Legion Vindicator Tank [Combi-Weapon]

····Legion Vindicator Tank [Combi-Weapon, Extra Armour]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [Traitor, VIII: Night Lords]

edited to have a third vindicator and the predators with pred cannons and lascannons. Sevatar with the claw terminators. I haven't seen any vehicle heavy VIIIth legion armies and this seems to be pretty fluffy as the 1st company.

You're correct, none of those units can get outflank so Sevetar's warlord trait isn't going to help them at all. In fact because you're not deep striking any terminators, Sevetar doesn't add a whole lot to the list. So because you can't get outflank on those predators, I'd rethink your choices on them. Maybe just stick with the autocannon and lascannons side sponsons. With PoMS on a few of the predators you can take out light tanks with the autocannons and use the las for heavier targets. 

Also your terminator units seem very mixed roll, you've got some combi melta to deal with armor, but then lightning claws to deal with power armor. I'd change your loadout and make each terminator unit have a more dedicated roll: one unit fill with fists/combi plas to deal with other terminators (cataphractii armor would be better for them), maybe one anti power armor unit with roughly half with lightning claws, and one multi purpose with maybe a mix of weapons. Plus every unit needs probably two chainfists to deal with dreadnoughts in particular, and a sprinkling of combi melta wouldn't hurt. 

I think this looks like a fun list to play, though you're certainly not going to make many friends playing this list. Two spartans is tough to deal with, Three is just plain brutal. 

Fair enough, Sevetar is an awesome model with a good background so that's reason enough to include him. 

I still think the loadout for your terminator units is pretty sub par. The biggest issue is if you go up against any other sort of terminator deathstar, in particular 2w terminators like firedrakes or justerian, your terminators will just bounce off them doing only a little damage, then will get absolutely wrecked given their lower invul save. I think you really need at least one terminator unit with cataphractii terminator armor build to take on other terminators. Load literally the entire unit with fists/chainfists, smatter of combi weapons and then you've got  a unit that will hurt other deathstars a lot. Sure firedrakes will still beat you, but even they are not going to come out of that fight well since your power fists will ID them. 

Agreed I could combine the three units into 2 max out both and use the spare to have a 5 man bare bones scoring unit held in deep strike. I haven't played a game of 30k and I haven't played 40k since 5th. Or I could use the 360 ish points worth of Spartan on something else maybe out flanking javelins?

+++ Nightlords armour mk2 (2999pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List (Age of Darkness) ++

+ HQ +

'Sevatar'

····Master of the Legion [Pride of the Legion]

+ Troops +

Legion Terminator Squad [5x Combi-Weapon, 5x Legion Terminators, 5x Lightning Claw, Tartaros Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon]

Legion Terminator Squad [2x Chainfist, 5x Combi-Weapon, 5x Legion Terminators, 3x Power Fist, Tartaros Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad [3x Combi-weapon, 4x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Marksmen, Melta Gun]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad [3x Combi-weapon, 4x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Marksmen, Melta Gun]

+ Heavy Support +

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought [Aiolos Missile Launcher]

Legion Predator Strike Armoured Squadron

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [Traitor, VIII: Night Lords]

+ Lord of War +

Legio Titanicus Warhound Scout Titan [Double-barrelled Turbo-laser Destructor, Double-barrelled Turbo-laser Destructor]

trimmed the list down to fit a war hound and 2 outflanking veteran squads because why not. the idea is that I can present more threats then the opponent can deal with and taking advantage of the first turn 5+ cover. The veterans out flank unleash into what ever back field units are camping specially abit armour and unleash melts into side or rear facings and have counter attack in case they get charged. The war hound is a massive distraction and can hold its own while the Spartans and predators crush light armour and allow for the terminators to charge out. Not the fist loaded terminator unit has cataphracti

That's only for terror assault

Archived