You Cannot Die with Dignity: A Heart of Hateful Iron

Soldier of Dorn

I hope you're happy you made me throw out my yellow, silver, and black paints msn-wink.gif . But seriously, good job mate. Now excuse me as I continue to resist buying the Iron Warriors upgrade pack.

By the Lord of Irons chainmail underpants, that is one awesome terminator!

Thanks man, I'm actually really happy with him. Iron Without!

I hope you're happy you made me throw out my yellow, silver, and black paints msn-wink.gif . But seriously, good job mate. Now excuse me as I continue to resist buying the Iron Warriors upgrade pack.

Oh noes! ;) Thanks for the compliment, but in all seriousness, I'm not terribly skilled and all of my paint schemes are really simple: it wouldn't be too hard to get similar results.

Didn't have much time to paint last night, and it looks unlikely paint (on him) will happen tonight either, but I plan to finish him up on the weekend. Time to start thinking about what I want to paint next for the Iron Warriors: I have a converted Predator Infernus for my Night Lords that I never finished painting, so might turn my attentions that way. Got a lot of other things to paint, though, so it might be a while after the Warsmith is finished.

And he's finished. Except for the base, of course. I'll do a more... thorough post when that's done.

med_gallery_78067_12433_188900.jpg

gallery_78067_12433_11098.jpgmed_gallery_78067_12433_86423.jpggallery_78067_12433_108074.jpg

Another Warsmith for the Long March. Glory to the IV, brother. We welcome you with cold hearts and open arms.

Glory to the IV, brother. Shatter Company salutes the Dragoon and the Wolfhound of Old Earth, may their Iron never corrode. I'll see you at Terra, in the trenches, from both sides. msn-wink.gif

Thanks everyone for looking.

all of these iron warrior threads popping up isn`t helping my hobby ADD at all tongue.png Loving that Warsmith Psycho happy.png

Perhaps the fact you're noticing all of them is your subconscious trying to tell you something? ;) Thanks mate.

Looks great, bro!! Only thing I'd suggest would be some chipping on the hazard stripes. Some sponged on black would be great.

Looking forward to seeing him finished thumbsup.gif

Maybe... I'll try doing it in the next couple days. You're right, it would look better.

Nice work, Psycho!

There's an Iron Warrior I'd happily assign to a Forlorn Hope while I organised an artillery barrage.

Because you're scared and want him dead or you think he can succeed? :P If it's the former, I really would suggest not to... he will be back. He's a Terminator, after all. :P

He looks badass! I love him. Is that wrist-mounted thing his "servo arm?" I like that idea very much, as I'm not a fan of the big mechanical apparatus for a combat Forgelord.

Thanks man. It's actually the grenade harness that Terminator Characters in the Heresy can take, but I've got some ideas for more subtle servo-arms if I ever need to build a model with some.

I know it's waaay too late to say so but I'm not a fan of the spikes. I think he would have been better off without them. However, you've gone far past the point of my saying so to matter, so I'll applaud the conversion nonetheless. :)

Fricking bad ass dude, there, Psycho!

Thanks buddy!

I know it's waaay too late to say so but I'm not a fan of the spikes. I think he would have been better off without them. However, you've gone far past the point of my saying so to matter, so I'll applaud the conversion nonetheless. smile.png

Yeah, they're not for everyone and I can understand that. It's a bit over the top and ridiculous for the IV Legion, but I had this image in my head of an Iron Warriors Terminator dude with the Iron Throne on his back, and once that wormed its way into my head there was no going back, no matter how silly it may be. Thanks for your perspective! :)

So... what's next for Shatter Company after this? I've been thinking about it a bit, and I've got a few things I want to do for them: repaint my (unfinished) Night Lords Magna-Melta Predator, an Ironclad or Contemptor Dreadnought, a Terminator Command Squad, and some regular Power Armored Infantry. I'll be drafting up a list for them sometime soon, but that's pretty much the plan. Watch this space!

Thanks for looking!

IV-41BTN-CO/SHATTER

sml_gallery_78067_12433_186503.png

med_gallery_78067_11287_74371.jpeg

"To the last: I grapple with thee.

From hell's heart: I stab at thee.

For hate's sake: I spit my last breath at thee."

-- Verse found carved into the breastplate of a fallen VII Legion soldier (VII-284BTN.)

:::inload recieved:::

:::source - ENCRYPTED <vermillion-Θ-3>:::

:::processing:::

:::inload begins:::

"Yours is a cold, dead heart."

"No. It is merely one of hateful iron, and its beating is a drum that sounds your doom."

-- Warsmith of the IV Legion, to a Auxilliary of the 377th Solar Cohort.

gallery_78067_12433_38936.jpg

med_gallery_78067_12433_42259.jpgmed_gallery_78067_12433_465432.jpg

med_gallery_78067_12433_93797.jpgmed_gallery_78067_12433_224335.jpg

med_gallery_78067_12433_618278.jpg

[pict-capture SK/15-722-10: Warsmith Dhur Gulak, the Goliath, Shatter Company, 41st Grand Battalion, Iron Warriors Legion.]

:::inload ends:::

Archived