Getting Started with RG (phobos dudes and better photos)

SanguinaryGuardsman

Looks great

Helemt is sleek and I really like the eye lenses

Weird.  When I first started this army that is the part of the model that I had the most difficulty with.  I kept trying to do some fancy lens reflection but it always looked bad when I did it so I just gave up and did something simple.   Light blue+nuln oil.... done!    

Edited by SanguinaryGuardsman

Holy ... so good. Going to go break all my brushes. See you in three years after I figure out airbrushing. Kidding can’t afford the time or money for two hobbies at same time. ;)

So awesome. :)

Color combinations are just spectacular. Wish I could get gold to look ... that gold. Kudos

Holy ... so good. Going to go break all my brushes. See you in three years after I figure out airbrushing. Kidding can’t afford the time or money for two hobbies at same time. :wink:

So awesome. :smile.:

Color combinations are just spectacular. Wish I could get gold to look ... that gold. Kudos

The gold is the easiest part!  

Scale75 necro gold.  Nuln oil.  Highlight with a mix 50:50 of stormhost silver + auric armour gold.  Done!

• 1 month later...

Took a few photos recently for kicks.  Some new stuff I hadn't displayed before.  

This is 5 of years of progress in a nutshell.

ybcSrJD.jpg

Some phobos ready for 9th edition.  I plan to start every game holding all objectives on the table.  

KpvHRAW.jpg

I also plan to set lots of guys on fire with 12" flamers.  I can hardly wait to auspex scan someone with 6 flamestorm aggressors.

l7iFVMy.jpg

Chief Apo.

SDUXsws.jpg

Nice photo of Shrike I painted last year.  Still my favourite model.  

Mk5krzY.jpg

Can't tell you how much I hate you, Duz and WarriorHunter. You guys put out some sick models. Absolutely love that armor and zenithal (?) highlighting. 

I was going to post my WIP <Shrike> tomorrow but now I think I'll wait for Hades to freeze over :wink:

Ty sir.  Apologies for stealing your spotlight.  I would have waited a few days had I known!

• 2 weeks later...