Lord Thord

Here's some finished stuff in the hall of honour.

I wanted to explore a part of the universe that's basically unknown. This is my attempt. 

I decided that if 30k is like ancient Rome and 40k is like the middle ages, then the Unification era is Homeric Greece. The Thunder warriors are accompanied by a collection of thralls and technobarbarians. The challenge is trying to make it so that they have tech but it can't look like imperial technology. The vehicles can;t look like STC vehicles, the weapons can't be bolters of lasguns or whatever at this stage. There can't be any overtly imperial symbols. The only thing at all that i've used that the imperium does is the winged skull on the legs of a couple of thralls, which let's face it will probably be a military symbol forever.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/325952-unification/

Thanks Hyaenidae! Just looked through your own interpretation. Love those protoastartes, especially the recon marine and the iconoclast. It's brilliant that we can come up with such different approaches yet they both make sense within the universe.

It's such a great period to be looking at, totally unexplored except for the fragments and hints of something dark. Some names, a microstory here and there.

Indeed, and thank you for the comments. :)

The Unification Wars, and the Sol Liberation, have become to the Heresy, what the Heresy once was to 40k; a time of monsters, myths, and legend. I hope BL and FW keep throwing us tidbits, but nothing else. It's a blast filling in the gaps, lol.

PM sometime if you'd like to bounce some idea back and forth, I always welcome a fellow sounding board when it comes to Old Night, lol.

Good luck with the move, mate.  :)

Some WIP images of a Unification era armies on parade project. It's stalled while I emigrate, but I'd appreciate some thoughts and ideas of what people would like to see

What would I like to see? Squats, very much actually! biggrin.png

Okay, probably fluffwise that doesn´t make that much sense, because they are native/located at to the coreworlds and all, but maybe some travelled back to Terra, stayed there and joined one armed alliance. Maybe they wanted to return, but couldn´t due to the warp storms.

I think I have seen a (chaos?) dwarf model amongst your conversion, so I`m hopeful for your updates! msn-wink.gifsmile.png

Archived