Thanks so much for creating these battle scribe files they have made my life so much easier. The only problem I have notice is on the SOH reaver attack squad they are missing the options for power weapons, power fists and chain axes.

Thank you for this. The file is working perfectly fine for my Death Guard, except for a single issue with Lords of War.

More precisely, it does not allow to have 2 LoW of less than 6 HP in the same schema

Thanks so much for creating these battle scribe files they have made my life so much easier. The only problem I have notice is on the SOH reaver attack squad they are missing the options for power weapons, power fists and chain axes.

Holy cow you're right!  Good catch - fixed and will be released soon.  

Thank you for this. The file is working perfectly fine for my Death Guard, except for a single issue with Lords of War.

More precisely, it does not allow to have 2 LoW of less than 6 HP in the same schema

I was wondering how long it would take before this came up... So my current system just assigns the Lords of War to a slot and that's it.  Obviously that doesn't follow the Lords of War chart in HH:LACAL p8 which allows multiple units per slot, normally based on their HP (or wounds). I have a solution but I'm not sure if it's desirable or not - let me know what you think:

Instead of "Lords of War" containing a single entry with each of the options in the book, I would reorganize them to match the chart on p8 of HH:LACAL.  This chart, for those unfamiliar, specifies that a single Lord of War slot may consist of a list of things:

1 Primarch

1 Superheavy with 9+ HP

1-2 Superheavies with <8 HP

(Same as above for Monstrous Creatures but with wounds)

1-3 Flyers up to 3 HP each. 

So, instead of selecting a single entry for each vehicle you want to add, you'd select "War Machine Detachment" add then add your individual super-heavies to that.  Obviously this would only apply to those units which can be combined per the chart. (Previously listed and "Sub-orbital Strike WIng" being the other.)

I will most likely proceed to make this change, but always appreciate feedback :)

Instead of "Lords of War" containing a single entry with each of the options in the book, I would reorganize them to match the chart on p8 of HH:LACAL.  This chart, for those unfamiliar, specifies that a single Lord of War slot may consist of a list of things:

1 Primarch

1 Superheavy with 9+ HP

1-2 Superheavies with <8 HP

(Same as above for Monstrous Creatures but with wounds)

1-3 Flyers up to 3 HP each. 

So, instead of selecting a single entry for each vehicle you want to add, you'd select "War Machine Detachment" add then add your individual super-heavies to that.  Obviously this would only apply to those units which can be combined per the chart. (Previously listed and "Sub-orbital Strike WIng" being the other.)

I will most likely proceed to make this change, but always appreciate feedback :smile.:

I definitely think that this is the way to go!

Alright that change has been made and uploaded! 

Also updated the Reaver Attack Squad's weapons options and the Tactical squads having access to Caedere weapons without World Eaters selected. 

Awesome job you did there, thank you so much. Sorry for not posting in the link you left, but here are some errors i noticed (unless i missed some FAQ)

- Points for consuls seem wrong, according to first book

- Vigilator should be 10 points more

- Moritat less

- Master less

- Forge Lord has option for Artificer Armor, which he automatically gets for free

- Kor Phaeron should be 40 points less

- For Deathstorm Drop Pod I can't find the upgrade to get Drop Pod Assault special rule in its entry in second book

- Get an error "too many Heavy Support selections", when taking four, which Iron Warriors Rite of War should allow

- Program doesn't recognise Kyr Vhalen's cortex controller, get an error when trying to take Mechanicum units in heavy support slots

- Grave Warden sergeant doesn't have rad grenades in his options

Again, sorry if that's just me being a dummy and not reading rules carefully enough (and if I am, please point me where to look). Anyway, great job making my hobby a lot more comfortable

Not sure if it's just me being stupid - I can't seem to find the option to equip Centurions and Praetors with Terminator Armour.

Also, is it possible to add an option to replace the Centurion's chainsword or combat blade with a Force weapon for 0pts, just so that it displays with all his equipment options?

Update: Added as a github issue.

Yikes, okay.  Well some posts got deleted - here's the long and short of it:

Everything addressed by Urza, Komrk, and Sophet has been fixed or addressed.  The latest version fixed all of those things along with the Tarantula sentry gun which was incorrectly charging you twice.  

Urza - if you didn't catch it my last post explained the Librarian force weapon fix I included.  Let me know if you'd still like it to be a zero-points option instead of listed in the wargear.  I'd rather avoid people having to select standard options when able, but if you think it would be better, let me know.  I left your Github issue open as well until I hear back from you.  

Hey Millicant, me again. Re-edited point values in my post, which appeared again after some posts were lost. A fellow in my club told me, that in Crusade Army List dreadnoughts (both normal and Contemptor, but not Mortis ones) got access to Volkite Culevrins, and Contemtor should have option for heavy bolter on its power fist. Still waiting for my books, so can't check it myself, but could you adress this?

And once again, thanks for great job

Hey Sophet,

Thanks for the feedback!  I took a look at the Dreadnoughts - I totally missed the Volkite Culverins.  Whoops, I added them.  As far as Heavy Bolters are concerned, Contemptors may exchange their Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon for a Twin-linked Heavy Bolter, but they may not exchange their "inbuilt" twin-linked bolters for a Heavy Bolter.  They have four options, I double checked them and they are correct in the catalogue. 

Again, I appreciate the feedback - thank you for catching the errors and taking the time to post them here.  

Hi Milicant

Apologies again for not posting this in the issue register and thanks again for all the excellent work.

I'm still finding the Tarantulas charging me an extra 30 points. If this is fixed all good, I've tried to update the data files and check the entry but still over costing for me.

Additionally, Tactical squad sergeants currently have the option to replace their bolt pistol. This is incorrect as I've found to my chagrin (ripping off a power fist on one of my half painted sarges, completely my bad). A tactical sarge can replace their bolter or chainsword (if they have one) for the special weapons.

Thanks again mate, this is a great tool!

Noticed one more thing, Magos Prime in Taghmata Omnissiah doesn't get the option to get second weapon (from the second list - grav.gun, rotor cannon and so on), when given Myrmidax orders. Can't think of many scenarios, when I would take it, already having Grav.Imploder, but still it's a thing.

And thanks for quick responses and fixes

I get a gateway error trying to import the file...

That happens sometimes when traffic is high.  Just have to wait until the next day, unfortunately.  It isn't my server, I have no involvement with traffic limits.  

Hi Milicant

Apologies again for not posting this in the issue register and thanks again for all the excellent work.

I'm still finding the Tarantulas charging me an extra 30 points. If this is fixed all good, I've tried to update the data files and check the entry but still over costing for me.

Additionally, Tactical squad sergeants currently have the option to replace their bolt pistol. This is incorrect as I've found to my chagrin (ripping off a power fist on one of my half painted sarges, completely my bad). A tactical sarge can replace their bolter or chainsword (if they have one) for the special weapons.

Thanks again mate, this is a great tool!

Tarantulas have been fixed, not sure why you're still getting that error.  Let me know if that persists and I can investigate further.  

Tactical squads fixed... argh don't know how I messed that up.  

Ok, got it sorted and updated.

With the terror assault for night lords, it looks like I can't take terror squads as troops though...

Whoops I forgot to add them as a troops choice when Terror Assault is chosen.  Fixed.  

It also appears that the limit of 1 heavy does not result in an error for the rites of war

This has been addressed before, but it might have been in a post that was deleted.  Long and short of it is this:  Battlescribe does not allow a catalogue to modify a gamesystem.  So your choices in the roster can never change the force org requirements, the capability doesn't exist.  This applies to changing Force Org slot requirements or allowances, non-compulsory choices for troops or HQs, or max 1 Consul except a specific type.  

As always, this is a tool to make list-building easier and hopefully more fun it but can never replace knowledge or ownership of the codex.  The responsibility is one YOU to make a legal list, I'm just providing the tools. 

Additionally, the general design philosophy for these files is to provide as much of the framework as possible while erring towards allowing illegal lists as opposed to disallowing legal ones. This applies in cases like this where 

Noticed one more thing, Magos Prime in Taghmata Omnissiah doesn't get the option to get second weapon (from the second list - grav.gun, rotor cannon and so on), when given Myrmidax orders. Can't think of many scenarios, when I would take it, already having Grav.Imploder, but still it's a thing.

And thanks for quick responses and fixes

Hey Sophet,

I double checked - it seems that the Myrmidax weapons are working correctly.  Can you verify your version for me?  If it is the latest, could you tell me the error you are getting?  Thanks!

Thank you all for your inputs!  I really appreciate you all taking the time to make this better for everybody.  New version is uploaded and released.  

Please SUBMIT YOUR ISSUES here in the future.  You can do it anonymously without creating a Github account.  

Checked again, have letest version both of your catalogue and Battlescribe. It's not so much an error, just missing the option. The last entry in his options - "may take one additional weapon (rotor cannon, grav.gun, meltagun, and phase-plasma fusil)", in rulebook it states - "...may take one of the following additional weapon options (a Magos Prime with the Myrmidax Order may take up to two selections from this list instead)". Just can't see the option to take the second one in your catalogue, I guess just a second list should appear, when you give him Myrmidax Orders, but nothing for me.

And could you point point out, how to create an issue on GitHub without creating account? The only button there "new issue" sends me to sign in window. Feel myself stupid, but not used to online communication

Thanks for all the positive feedback, guys!  I appreciate it.  :)

Hey Millicant, just noticed the under profile summary the volcano cannon for the falchion isn't twin linked. No biggy, just thought I'd point it out.

Whoops, I'll fix that for the next release.  Nice catch!

Checked again, have letest version both of your catalogue and Battlescribe. It's not so much an error, just missing the option. The last entry in his options - "may take one additional weapon (rotor cannon, grav.gun, meltagun, and phase-plasma fusil)", in rulebook it states - "...may take one of the following additional weapon options (a Magos Prime with the Myrmidax Order may take up to two selections from this list instead)". Just can't see the option to take the second one in your catalogue, I guess just a second list should appear, when you give him Myrmidax Orders, but nothing for me.

And could you point point out, how to create an issue on GitHub without creating account? The only button there "new issue" sends me to sign in window. Feel myself stupid, but not used to online communication

So this is actually not a bug, I realized, just bad writing on my part.  The option group name is "May take one" but when you choose Myrmidax you're supposed to be able to take two, just like you said!  So I made it LEGAL to pick two options from the same list (ie it won't kick back any errors) but the name still remains "May take one." What I'll probably do is make a new entry that is hidden until you chose Myrmidax, which will trade out the "May take one" for a "may take two" list or maybe just "may take one more" kind of thing.  Nice catch - sometimes I don't write this in the clearest manner.  

Lastly, I have been leading you all astray regarding new issues!  I thought you could anonymously submit from the github page, but you actually submit from the appspot page!  Thank you for bringing that to my attention, Sophet.  

Steps for new issues:

1. Go to the Battlescribe Appspot page

2. Find the Horus Heresy repo, and to the bottom right of the name click on "Contents," or alternatively just follow this link: Contents

3. Choose the file you have an issue with and below it click on "Report a bug"

4. Write up your issue, being descriptive as possible

5. Submit!

Okay those previous issues have been fixed, along with a few other minor fixes and an error in the Magos Dominus for the Legio Cybernetica.  

Thanks for all the feedback guys!

Archived