Dagoth Ur

The Ruinwalker and the Vojvod

I6oRvIS.jpg?1

"Ivan" In a different age, where life was kinder, the Vojvod might have grown up to be handsome. He was tall, his eyes sharp and the colour of dark opals, he had a widow's peak of long, dark blonde hair and a cropped beard. Few scars marred the face, yet he had seen more wars than some units combined. The Vojvod stank of blood, of gasoline and death. The promise of water, ammunition and iron saw him fight beneath the banners of those very savage warlords which the Emperor would subjugate or crush in his time. I admired him. We all did. The Vojvod was the heir of a long line of gene-bred warlords, each one a hybridised, more perfected version of the former, and was thus, naturally, a hard, unforgiving man. Yet still, where Earth allowed it, so he liked to say, he was willing to show kindness.

"Ivan" Here we sat, two men of war and blood in a room of diplomacy and kingship "I need a new shield. Marica has fallen to the Yermani tribes; they've sent me her bloodied carcass."

I knew not what to say then. To serve as one of the Vojvod's two shields was among the greatest of honours in our company. Yet it meant to abandon the savagery of drug-frenzied battle, for a Vojvod needed a lucid, calculating defender. 

"I am not sure I can accept the offer, my Vojvod" My head bowed slightly in apology "I fear I am not qualified for this responsibility."

"It was not an offer, Ivan" He beckoned the other shield, Valeria, to approach. She gently put down a digi-key infront of me "She will teach you all you need to know. Fail and the records will not even remember your name. Succeed, and you may be allowed to call me by my own."

lIsDIDh.jpg?1

The suit of power-armour had been crafted specifically to my needs and size. The rad-reactor in my back thrummed with barely contained energy and each movement produced a snarl of well oiled servos. The plasma-blaster was a thing of beauty. Well polished steel and gold, maintained for generation and passed down from shield to shield. Valeria had been a stern teacher, eager to punish and reluctant to praise; but so was every teacher in the Fort. I learned to reign my fury, to focus it and become the defender that my lord needed me to be. I would not dissapoint him. My first battle at the Vojvod's side led me against the Yermani, the very same savages that had murdered Marica.

"I have heard of this new warlord, this Emperor, as he calls himself" His eyes were focused into the distance as his fingers tapped against each other "I have heard that he marches against the Yermani. I wish to meet him and you shall stand at my side, Ivan."

"As you demand, Vojvod"

"No, Ivan, not to you" As his eyes refocused on me, I saw a sliver of warmth creep into those stormy eyes "To my shields, I am Dimitri."

ETLorjS.jpg?1

Yermania was a place of craggy hills and rusted macropoles, like much of Yropa, which suited us just fine; wars within confined zones were our specialty. My pistol bucked in my hand as I picked off approaching savages; once-humans and raiders, both wracked by rad-phage and chem-frenzy. Me, Valeria and teh command squad held off the swarm as Vojvod Dimitri orchestrated the dance of artillery, walkers, tanks and infantry.

"We advance" He unsheathed his sword and pointed towards a broken arena "Vračar, march!"

Heavy caliber fire tore a way through the unwashed mass of raiders, grenades opened breaches and molotovs scattered the enslaved brutes. Dimitri himself shattered skulls with each buck of his shotgun. A Vojvod always led from the front when present; anything else was unacceptable, and it was here that the Vojvod truly excelled. His encouraging roars whipped us up, his strength of arm made us triple our efforts.

Nobody knew this better than I, for I saw him fight mere feet away from me.

djZF4mf.jpg?1

Night had fallen and the Yermani had been broken, yet we could not rest. We had found ourselves encircled in the arena by giant, humanoid beasts in crude powerarmour and armed with guns as big as some men were tall. At the center of this horde, elevated upon a podium of concrete stood a group of more finely wrought men, all clad in gold and armed with glaives. They parted to reveal a man clothed in robes of rich burgundy and adorned with gold. In one hand he swung a blazing sword, the other was open in a gesture of peach.

"Greetings, unnamed warlord and lord of thunder" The Vojvod holstered his weapons and bid us do the same "I have come to aid you in this battle, now I wish to speak with you."

"And who speaks to the Emperor?" One of the halberd-bearing men inquired; his booming voice amplified by the vox-mechanics of his helmet.

"I am Dimitri the Twelfth, Vojvod of the Vračar, mercenary-king of Basilea" Proudly, he bashed a fist against his chest in  a warrior's salute, like all of did as he spoke of our hallowed halls.

"Very well" The Emperor's sword ceased to burn, yet his voice bore the very same heat "Aid me you did, I will grant your wish."

2wI1YHg.jpg?1

The Emperor had a tent set up for us and his servants brought out dried fruit and filtered water. Nobody spoke to us, no warrior in white fraternized with those in gold. They were all taller than us, even though we were gene-bulked already. Everywhere I could see the twin lightning and raptor head emblem emblazoned; on gold, fabric and even skin. I stood at my Vojvod's side, me and valeria stood just two feet to the side and behind of our lord as he sat and discussed matters with the foreign warlord.

"Of what do you wish to speak to me?" His voice was gentle, yet booming, soft and still profound. Like the warm breeze before the first thunder struck.

"I have heard many things of you, Unifier" Dimitri rested his elbows on the table and eyed the giant carefully "You wish to unite Terra under your banner?"

"No"

"No?"

"I wish to unifiy Mankind beneath my banner" Behind my eyes flashed images of long lost worlds and broken vessels that had once bisected the dark of space "Mankind ruled the stars once, it will rule over them again."

"Ambitious, yes" The vojvod leaned back in his chair and foled one leg over the other; still his eyes were trained on the Emperor "Many have tried, all have failed. Why are you different?"

The very moment he had spoken this question, I could see his pupae dilate, as if influenced by some chem-stimulant. This lasted only the merest of moments, but the Vojvod's bewilderment spoke lengths. He had seen something, or rather the Emperor had shown him something.

"Do you now understand, Dimitri?" The Emperor rose to his feet and it was as if the room itself shifted around him to accomodate some even grander, unseen presence.

"I do" The Vojvod himself stood up and offered his hand "Which is why I have come to request an alliance."

"How can I be sure of your loyalty, mercenary-lord?"

"The Vračar have never broken a contract" Dimitri smiled impishly as he clasped his helmet shut "Although unprecedented, I am sure we can draft up something...more permanent."

"I accept Vojvod" The Emperor met Dimitri's hand with a warrior's embrace "We shall be comming to Basilea soon then."

PV4mHTx.jpg?1

---------------------------------------------

So, today I have some almost finished pictures of my two new Vračar builds: the Vojvod and a new version of Ivan. I will probably be sculpting some fur around their necks and also add some stick-grenades, but the majority is finished. The Vračar I posted recently is nearly finished, I just need to do some weathering and the base, then we'll finally see some colour in this thread!

@malika666: Thanks mate! :)

Hope you like this update! C&C is, as always, very welcome and appreciated. Have a nice day.

Wow another great piece of writing, fantastic model as well! Really interesting pov of the unification era, not really something we get to read about much. The Vračar look amazing, really like the aesthetic you've chosen. I'm definitely stealing that helmet idea for this chaos mercenary I'm planning out. Looking forward to seeing more!

... Oh great....now I want to make something like that too....

I've already started doing that.

Noone in my group has a soft spot for Unification Wars; noone shares my passion for rad mutated soldiers.

And let me tell you this:

It is still awesome.

For now they are just a couple of models without any purpose but to make fun in the making but still awesome.

So, yeah, do it.

@The observer: Please never stop to amaze me.

... Oh great....now I want to make something like that too....

I've already started doing that.

Noone in my group has a soft spot for Unification Wars; noone shares my passion for rad mutated soldiers.

And let me tell you this:

It is still awesome.

For now they are just a couple of models without any purpose but to make fun in the making but still awesome.

So, yeah, do it.

@The observer: Please never stop to amaze me.

Na dann weiß ich schonmal ein Projekt für die Zukunft^^.

(Well, then I have a project for the future in mind)

• 1 month later...

The Tyrant's Mouth

From flesh and iron I wrought them, only mine to be

Set between Custodes, Astartes and Bellator Tonitrui

Manyfold was my creation, manyfold its purpose

The Thunderwarrior, glorious beast of fire and steel

Served only to batter and bruise and break and kill

A tool to be used and discarded, without any further use

The Custodian guard, wrought in gold and finest garb

Set to shield my body, to guard my soul and be my eyes

Never shall they leave my side, never shall they betray my trust

The Astartes, most heroic of my creations, greatest army of man

I wrought thee of man itself, never to yield or to break

To conquer the stars and build the empire of mankind

Apart from them, set between, below and yet above

Sits one creation, I most loathe and yet is closest to me

The warriors of cold iron and cthonic blackness carved

They shall be my mouth, to speak before a sword is drawn

They shall bring my word to Tyrant, Beast and Xenos alike

They shall be my grim heralds, to cast the dies of war and peace

One hand shall offer peace, if the Tyrants kneel in humility

The other shall bring death and break the crown of the prideful

Peace through subjugation or death through resistance

All will be mine, unified beneath the raptor, the eagle and the thunder

All must be mine, for eternal damnation lurks behind the veil of reality

None shall resist, none shall refuse this grand empire of mine

Those clad in black and bearing my mark shall decide who prospers and who burns

They shall persist beyond my death, bound by my blood and mind, if it must be

Until all stars fade and all embers cool down, they shall crusade across Terra and the Stars

Until the songs of yore have faded from our memory, until the Tempest Halls crumble

They shall march forward, to bring peace and death alike with their mailed fists

All sorrow shall be shattered, for they will herald the return of man's greatness

They shall be auctoritate absolutum

They shall be tenetur in sempiternum

They shall be Legatus Imperatoria

-Inscribed upon the gates of Fort Ancathran, Terra-

m5eNK3x.jpg?1

////Legatus-Centurio Vladislav, "The Wind of the East"; Subjugation of the Strayan Plateau////

////Unknown pattern of Power-Armour of non-Martian design; most likely amalgamation of Terrawatt and Helvetian designs////

////Take note of the tilt-shield inscribed with the Emperor's own sigil; symbol of authority? Equivalent to Custodian Misericordia?////

The beast was clad in matte black armour and iron trim, a few spots of red were scattered across the plate. Of course it was no literal beast; certainly not a frothing, ghastly and rad-maddened monstrosity. However, its presence would fill any room with dread. It was designed to be terrifying, or so ambassador Fruthin thought. Its armour was shaped out of large, sloped plates and bolted together with massive screws. Even in the dim light of the Norw'igian capital palace, Fruthin could discern the folded nature of the black metal, only one substance cast such gentle reflections and it was desired across all plains of Earth: Adamantium. 

The Norw'igian dynasty could barely scratch together one full set of adamantium mail armour, and yet here stood a nearly seven and a half feet tall warrior fully clad in what must have been nearly half a ton of layered and folded adamantium. The visitor's gauntlet alone was more worth than whole hives. He was not alone, but was accompanied by four more of his kind and a small guard of mortal soldiers. Amidst halls of ivory and stone, all eyes were focused on the giants, and yet their eyes fell all on Fruthin.

"You say that you have come to parley?" Fruthin inquired nervously, the thrumm of their powered plate set his teeth on edge "What do you wish to offer the Norw'igian dynasty in return for peace?"

"Nothing"

"Nothing?" The ambassador frowned, this was...surprising.

"We have not come to enter a truce or reinstate some sort of peace" The voice, even when filtered through the crackling rebreather, still retained much of its clear, baritone strength "I am Centurio-Legatus Vladislav, Legate of the one true Emperors 4th Cohort, and in His name I have come to offer you life."

"Life? I am afraid I do not understand" Norw'igia was a cold realm, always scoured by the winds, and yet Fruthin's clothes were clinging to his sweaty back "Please elaborate."

"It is a simple matter" Vladislav produced a scroll from his pouches. It was decorated with a red wax sigil bearing the sign of a raptor's head and crossed lightning bolts "Kneel, swear fealty, and you shall prosper and usher into a new age along our side."

"And what if we refuse?"

"Death."

K2TwgUo.jpg?1

////Terrawatt Pattern Bolt Carbine, sub-schemata IIb "Widowmaker", loaded with hyperdense, armour-piercing ammunition////

"Have you come to threaten us, Legate?" Fruthin beckoned his own guard to wait and lower their weapons. The visitor had irated him, this was no way to conduct diplomatic talks, but he had awoken the ambassador's curiosity "Surely you know that Norw'igia has been independent and unconquered for nearly three centuries?"

"Threats are not my intent, not at all ambassador" The silver-ringed eyeslit revealed nothing of the man beneath the iron, their shadows were impenetrable "I bring warnings. Already, the Y'ropean Ethnarchies are waving the white banners and submitting. Already the twin-empresses of Nihôn bow in shame, cowed by the legions of mortals that have seen the truth. Already, the Panpacific empire is crumbling, beset from all sides by His forces."

"So the couriers say, I know" Sickly pink wine flowed freely into Fruthin's cup; trade embargos had cut off him and his masters from many luxuries "I have spies myself, tell me something that they haven't."

"Have they told you of the burning skies? Have they told you of the crawling rad-fire? Have they told you how Uillaume the Red begged for death, rather than life?" Vladislav chuckled, a silent and yet unnerving sound "Know this, Fruthin, son of Thul, mouth of the Dynasty, if you refuse the Emperor's offer, then he will break you. His patience with dissenters has grown dangerously thin, and he is not loathe to break you piece by piece, until you kneel. Eventually, all will kneel."

"We will never kneel" Fruthin put as much convicition and ice into his voice as he could, but the legate seemed unfazed "We have weathered the Russyans, the S'rbans and those of Alba time and time again. We never failed. We never knelt. We never will."

"Then perish."

wZQmCtM.jpg?1

////Aquila shaped pauldron segments, seem to contain force-field stabilizers. Source of technology is unknown////

Four months, that is all it had taken. Three days for infiltrators to disable the force-fields and set up shop in an unknown location. Two months to break the walls with constant mortar fire. One week to storm the ramparts. Three weeks of constant massacre in the streets. One month until the whole Norw'igian Dynasty had been slaughtered before his eyes and the small empire had finally capitulated.

They had searched for him, for Fruthin. The regiments had brought the ambassador before the legates, only to shatter his knees and force him down into the dust. Still he could see the black of their plate, the royal crimson of their tabards.

"Look, ambassador" Vladislav made a gesture with his hand holding a dagger, encompassing the city below "Look, how it burns, like tinder. All the streets are empty, it is just you and your mistakes. Eventually, all must kneel, be it in life or in death. Do you remember my words, ambassador?"

Fruthin refused to answer. Not that he could form a full sentence, the pain wracking his body was too great, but still, the ambassador was a man of principles.

"We will rebuild" He pressed through cracked teeth "The men of tommorrow shall overthrow the tyrants of old."

"Perhaps, perhaps not, but that is of no matter" The black lenses gazed over the burning city, tongues of orange, red and yellow threw their incandescent light against the umbral plate and silver "You will have no youth to retake anything."

"Lies, we saved them, hid them..."

"In the glacial catacombs?" Vladislav scoffed "We know. Do not worry, they will live. Well, some of them will."

"Wh-what do you want to do with our children?" Fruthin struggled against his own weight. His knees were pulp and broken ribs scraped against his lungs "Answer me cur!"

"You really do not understand, do you?" The sable giant knelt before the ambassador, and he could make out a hint of icy blue eyes behind the dark lenses "Why do you think do the Emperor's forces swell with each victory? Why do you think are our enemies left childless? Where do you think the Astartes or Thunderwarriors come from?"

Fruthin roared as he realized the extent of the legate's implications.

Then something hit the back of his head and all went dark.

jcpf7G6.jpg?1

////Take note of Helvetian Pattern Power Pack, first compact and stable thermonuclear reactor utilized in fully motorized powerarmour////

Livian wiped the brain from his knife and cast the corpse into the fires below.

"Soon, we will venture to the stars, Legatus-Centurio"

"Indeed. Soon, the stars themselves will kneel."

------------------------------

G'day people :smile.: It has been a while! Painting has been rather scarce in the past few weeks as I have been working on a Mordheim warband and a commission, but I came up with this elaborate conversion on a whim. The main inspiration was this picture:horus-emperor.jpg

Look at the space marines right below, next and behind the Emperor on the right side of the image. Now, we both know that they are supposed to be either Custodes or Space Marines, but they just look so cool that I needed to do something unique with them and so I went and created the Adeptus Legatus, a small collection of proto-astartes of undivided genic source (i.e. without a primarch really) and who serve as the Emperor's diplomats of tyranny.

To be quite honest with you, I am immensely happy with the miniature, it might be one of my best builds yet, if not the best. It has just this perfect mix of space marine, baroque, utilitarian, retro-scifi, madmax (Thanks to the Tor Meggido event for inspiration), and this slight dash of industrial, blanchean 40k. I will certainly make more of the Legates, at least two five man units, a sort of proto-dreadnought, medicus and mortal auxilia.

Anyways!

@Magos Kasen: Thanks mate!

@MikhalLeNoir: Do it. You want it. I want it. We all want it.

@Markus_: Glad you like it! :smile.:

@Vairocanum: Thanks mate, very happy with how positive the responses are! The helm is probably one of the best ideas to grace the world of warhammer, and we can all thank Hyaenidae for it :smile.:

@Gorgoff: I will give my best! Also, I wouldn't be so sure about no purpose with Necromunda just around the corner :wink:

@MikhalLeNoir: One could always build and visually design an own gang for existing rules in a certain dilapidated, rad-infested hive we all know and love :whistling:

@marcusc: Thank you kindly mate!

Well, I know that paint has been scarce in the past two or so months (In most of my plogs anyways), but I should get back on track fairly soon. Anyways. Hope you like the legate, I will make a more detailed write-up on them, their provenance and their function quite soon! C&C is, as always, much appreciated and welcome! Have a nice day.

<I love this thread>

The Legate is a very impressive concept, well executed, but what really gives him life is the story. I am a big fan of blunt force trauma well executed.

I think the Unification Wars are a topic with great depth. Whether or not GW/FW sees that possibility as well, I don't know.

Part of me would like to see that, but at the same time, I wonder if it would become too...structured? It should be a specialty topic like Badab, thereby letting modelers explore the history, but with more flexibility for those with imagination.

Please do play on!

• 5 weeks later...

Sable Lions

In purest Aurum they will be clad

With strongest adamantium armed

Wrought from the strongest flesh

And forged by my hand alone

Cast in the image of those that came before

They shall be my Varangian Guard

They shall be my closest Druzhina

They shall be the Legio Custodes

But there shall be one sodality set apart

Five scores of them shall there be

Clad in the same, finest armaments

But daubed in sable black instead of gold

They will be my eyes in Terra's depths

They will guard what cannot or must not perish

And their vigil shall end only when I command it

And they shall know no authority but me

Not the Sigilite

Not the Captain-General

Only me

-The Emperor's edict-

WKpzimo.jpg?1

Once, I was nameless

Born in the ash-wastes

Seven brothers perished

Three sisters never drew breath

Yet I survived to be chosen

wDSHFgU.jpg?1

I was remade, reborn even

By means to horrid to say

Trained by His greatest

Armed by His smiths

I stood in sable and gold

n3dHPXW.jpg?1

Now, I slay what never truly dies

Maleficarum, Teknologia Diabolica

Such superstitious words, yet fitting

My blade sings, my mind is silent

I am Slobodan, I am Tugarin

--------------------------------------

Hello everybody! Today I whipped up something on the go, a Custodian but with stormcast legs. Truth be told, I love everything about the custodes kit, except the legs. Not only are the poses so boring and restrictive, but the tabards are too small, and the boots are way too big for me. Luckily, I saw a conversion, by Kizzdougs I believe, and decided to go with the stormcast legs. I also added the basis for a half cloak to his left shoulder. I will built up on that after it dries :)

@Pearson73: Thanks man! The conversion was supposed to be a red scorpions lieutnant, initially, but I saw the Typhon shoulders and the Helmet conversion I had made for something else and, well, the rest is history. Funny how things go.

@Vairocanum: Glad you like the Legate! The line came to me while thinking about how the Terran enemies might perceive the Gene-Warriors of the Emperor. They oftentimes seem like a total breed apart, that I could very well imagine that someone might not even think about how exactly they are created or what the base material is.

@ShotgunFacelift: Very happy that you enjoy my work, I hope I'll manage to continue to please :)

@Xin Ceithan: What can I say, growing up with MadMax, rough Yugoslavian and German punk-rock and a penchant for everything postapocalyptic has made the Unification Wars ideal for me!

@Honda: Thank you kindly for your words. Truth be told, violence is something I always struggle with writing, or action in general, as I am never sure if I make it too cheesy, gratuitious or cringy, so I am glad when people point out things they like or don't like, so I am very happy that it worked this time! :) Now, if it came to me, I'd love to see the Unification Wars properly produced, but less like the Badab War and more like the Horus Heresy setting. What I mean with that is that the Badab War, how FW has written it, is almost watertight. We have a very clear list of what happened, who was involved and so on, which makes it very difficult to add a personal touch or even something completely new (In a way, it feels much more historical). The Horus Heresy blackbooks, on the other hand, have much more gaps and provide a huge playfield and space when it comes to narrative and creativity (It reads much more like a mythical retelling to me). It is a setting where not everything is accounted for. So if GW/FW ever decided to adress the Unification Wars, then I'd love to see it done that way, as pre-imperial Terra has the potential for so much diversity of ideas, almost like a grand-scale Inquisimunda setting.

Also, here is a comparison picture with a space marine:

HuRYOEz.jpg?1

"Oi, Custodian!"

"What is it, Imperial Fist?"

"Is that a squad of Emperor's Children marching on the civilians?"

"Yes, I believe so, but the amount of legs is wrong..."

"With utmost respect, I don't think that those superfluous 'limbs' are legs."

"By the Emperor, that is proper gnarly!"

Sorry, couldn't resist, the picture just seems perfect for small skits and jokes :tongue.:  Anyways, I do not know when I will get back to painting. My motivation has been severely depleted by learning for my exams, a mutual break-up and general seasonal fatigue. I still have two commissions to finish (For anyone interested in character commissions, please do not hesitate to PM me :smile.: ), so those have to be finished first anyways. I will probably resume with painting sometimes mid-january, after dust has settled a bit on life and exams.

Thank you for your time. C&C is, as always, very much welcome and appreciated! Have anice day.

Now, if it came to me, I'd love to see the Unification Wars properly produced, but less like the Badab War and more like the Horus Heresy setting. What I mean with that is that the Badab War, how FW has written it, is almost watertight. We have a very clear list of what happened, who was involved and so on, which makes it very difficult to add a personal touch or even something completely new (In a way, it feels much more historical). The Horus Heresy blackbooks, on the other hand, have much more gaps and provide a huge playfield and space when it comes to narrative and creativity (It reads much more like a mythical retelling to me). It is a setting where not everything is accounted for. So if GW/FW ever decided to adress the Unification Wars, then I'd love to see it done that way, as pre-imperial Terra has the potential for so much diversity of ideas, almost like a grand-scale Inquisimunda setting.

Actually, you said it better than I was thinking it. :)

What I meant by "Badab-like" is not a definitive story with a clear start and end, but an open framework that spans only a couple of books, thus leaving plenty of "open story space" to roam in. I.e. establish the canvas, fill in parts of it with Black Library contributions, but give us something we can adapt to our own visions.

All that to say, "I agree with you".

Sorry, couldn't resist, the picture just seems perfect for small skits and jokes

...like, "A Custodes, an Imperial Fist, and an Emperor's Children walk into a bar. Only the Custodes remained standing."

<rimshot> Thank's folks, I'll be here all week.

Warders of the Vaults of Rython

59vCP51.jpg?1

Kw22Aao.jpg?1

1hL7v0c.jpg?1

GWKggDQ.jpg?1
--------------------------

Today, I had a short break from learning, so I decided to paint up my new Custodian as a Warder of the Vaults of Rython, the beautiful soft-black custodian scheme from FW Inferno. It was a rather quick job and took about 4 hours, drying included. Some of the pictures are a bit shaky, exam nervosity be damned, but there'll be plenty more black custodians to come! Sadly, I don't have any fluff to show for today, because it is already 4 AM and I have more work to do tommorrow, oh well. It'll have to do.

@Honda: Absolutely, I agree with you! In my mind, I would love to have at least a big, fat book on the Emperor's forces which would include Thunder Warriors, Proto Space Marine legions, regular footsoldiers and gene-soldiers (And through the introduction of something similar like the Imperial Auxilia traits, one could really make them as customisable as possible). A second big, fat book on the most prominent enemies of the Emperor, i.e. Narthan Dume, Uillaume the Red, the Albian Ironbreakers and a few more, plus a way to generate your own army of barbarian Terra. One big, fat book for smaller, more Inquisimunda style games and then maybe 2-3 more books that are mostly devoted to story and smaller factions such as raiders, ash-waste travellers and similar. A man can dream :)

Also, I have built a second Custodes, and have decided to paint him in classic gold and red!

TYhkl4j.jpg?1

I am going for a richer, more reddish-brown gold here, which should echo the old Cardgame that had quite a few very nice custodes artworks.

Anyways, that is all for today folks. C&C is, as always, very much welcome and appreciated! Have a nice day :)

Lions amongst Wolves

To behold the golden Ten-Thousand

To see them wage wars and fight

It was like seeing lions, or so Mother said

Lions that tore through waves of prey

I trained beneath the best smiths

I forged works of art and tools of death

I prayed to the ore-wastes day and night

Until I was allowed to serve the Thunder-Lord

It is then that I beheld them in their glory

Black like silk and not golden, strangely

And they did not fight like lions or kings

They fought like dragons

-Anon-

509fEWl.jpg?1

rVf6m16.jpg?1

yD73FNm.jpg?1

--------------------------------

Hey folks! Three more Custodians! Exam week is almost over and christmas is upon us all. Fluff will come, as soon as my writer's block dies an ignoble death.

@Bjorn Firewalker: Glad you like him mate!

@Soldier of Dorn: Thanks a lot man :)

Well that is all for today! I hope you like the small previews and have a good pre-christmas time! C&C is, as always, very much appreciated.

Archived