Dagoth Ur

I love how the custodians look with stormcast legs, it really conveys a sense of lithe and agile deadliness, which I feel is lacking in the bulky original legs. Keep up the fantastic work on both the models and the fluff, and I eagerly await more!

• 1 month later...

Hear me Roar

And who are you, the proud lord said,

that I must bow so low?

Only a tyrant of a different coat,

that's all the truth I know.

In a coat of gold or a coat of black,

your lions have no claws,

But mine are long and sharp, my lord,

longer and sharper than yours.

And so he spoke, and so he spoke,

that king of Panpacifica,

But now none weep o'er his hall,

and none are left to hear.

Yes now none weep o'er his hall,

and not a soul to hear.

"Nathan Dume's Arrogance and Fall", Anon

3YWGlol.jpg?1

////Allarus-Primus Ban "Bladesong" Jeleon; sometime during the Last Panpacific War ////

////Prototypical Allarus-Pattern Custodian Tactical Dreadnought Armour////

////Company Designation: Wardens of the Weeping Gate////

roczEzS.jpg?1

////Allarus Hann "Mountainbreaker" A'bal; sometime during the Last Panpacific War ////

swFGrJA.jpg?1

////Allarus Cyros "The Elder" Philipé; sometime during the Last Panpacific War ////

yDpCkIT.jpg?1

////Allarus-Primus Ban "Bladesong" Jeleon; sometime during the Last Panpacific War ////

vkz78WJ.jpg?1

////Allarus Zheng "Farseek" Qin; sometime during the Last Panpacific War ////

qh0XJJg.jpg?1

////Aegis-Captain Ashoka "Mailed Star" Maurya; sometime during the Last Panpacific War ////

------------------------

Hello everybody! Today I have my newly built unit of Allarus terminators plus a Shield Captain in Allarus armour for you. I have also finished painting two more custodian guards, so they should be up tommorrow or in two days.

@Kordhal: Thank you kindly frater! Truth be told, I built one Custodian back when the Prospero box had been released and while I massively enjoyed painting him, the legs really, really didn't work for me, and I was stumped for months. Only recently did I rediscover kizzdougs amazing custodian that is based on a Stormcast Eternal and I figured that the torsos must be of similar size, so why not try it out?

@ToyShip: Thanks man, glad you like'em! :)

@Gorgoff: Thanks mate!

Alright, I have something else to show you. I had a friend over whom I hadn't seen in a while and they brought me two sets of Custodes dice as a late Christmas present. Later, we went to this thing here in Switzerland that is called a Brockenstube/Brockenhaus, which is basically a thrift store, to do some shopping for anything that might add visual flavour to Inquisimunda games. Lo and behold, I found this:

JESzjQg.jpg?1

And now for the treasure inside:

2Ea2omb.jpg?1

Yep, my two sets of dice (And yes, I did also order the lower layer in the same pattern because I needed something to do while listening to SCP readings). I'd say this is quite appropriate for the darkness of the Mad Maxian Unification Wars, don't you? :)

I have an upcoming highlander tournament with our very own moderator Dosjetka as my teammate in early march, and I will be fielding Custodes, so expect to see mostly those in the comming few weeks.

That is all for today, though painted stuff is comming soon! C&C is, as always, much appreciated! Thank you for your time.

The Blackclad

RNz5lwr.jpg?1

3tQqkjs.jpg?1

Og9k0gn.jpg?1

libllLH.jpg?1

A0KttMO.jpg?1

fbVYTnm.jpg?1
----------------------------

Hey folks! Two more Custodian Guards finished, this makes the first unit of three. I couldn't really come up with anything fluffwise as my writing capacities are currently focused on a personal fiction project unrelated to warhammer, and on my Horus Heresy efforts.

@malcharion: Thank you kindly frater! Glad you are pleased with them :)

@Pearson73: Thanks man! Especially happy with that little box :D

@Bjorn Firewalker: Thanks man, always nice to see you pop into one of my threads!

Alright, now I also have a WiP of one of the Allarus Terminators. Have a look:

zWQyF7m.jpg?1

The only thing missing now is some soot on the launcher muzzles, the basing and the highlights for the beige/brown leather and hair parts.

That is all for today, hope you like the two new Guardians. C&C is, as always, much appreciated and welcome!

The Hammer Descends

Not from above, not from below,

Not on wings of burning fire,

Nor bursting from stone and soil,

They shall appear and herald my will

But amidst my enemies shall they arrive

Heralded by the peal of thunder and torn air

Clad in armour unbreakable and with a will unshakeable

They shall sunder all that oppose my rightfull rule

The Emperor's Edict; The Allarian Implementation

ZuAeBZI.jpg?1

////Aegis-Captain Ashoka "Mailed Star" Maurya; Pacification of Saturn ////

////Armour design issued sometime during the closing stages of the Bellum Panpacifica////

The Ringers of Saturn fought bravely, yet ultimately their struggle was meaningless. Intryk knew this, even as he polished his rifle and checked the overcharged las-cartridges. Pausing for a second while looking at the scratched ammunition packs, the Saturnyne soldier contemplated what had happened in the past weeks. Armies had come to the Saturnyne Rings and demanded fealty. The emissaries had spoken of some Emperor hailing from Old Earth, now called Terra, of how he desired to unify all of mankind. The Saturnyne Fleet had agreed. Ridiculous.

The Emperor's regiments were tough and well-armed, but the Ringers had vastly superior void-admirals and had more experience with boarding actions. War had been going well until the first reports of 'grey-clad giants' had surfaced. Intryk hadn't faced them in combat yet, but the few images he had seen made him sick. Seven to eight feet tall beasts clad in layered, sleet-coloured plate that shrugged off their las-weaponry as if it were a minor nuisance. Even then, the Ringers managed to push for an eventual victory. Then the reports of the Blackclad came.

3Ng3KV7.jpg?1

The Dremol's bridge was filled with the Ringer's last remnants. What had once been almost ten million soldiers, had been reduced to barely twenty thousand. There was no more war to win. This was a retreat. Void-Admiral Byrtl looked over all her men and women; wounded and battered they were, but still as proud as ever. They had retreated to Iapetus in the Cassini Region, an old, almost deserted supply station of the Saturnyne Fleet where they hoped to hide and weather the Emperor's rage. A few ships were pursuing them, they were black like sable and trimmed in gold and ruby.

They didn't shoot, curiously enough. Not that the Dremol could have retaliated, the las-batteries were damaged and empty. Maybe they just sought to harass them, drive the Ringers away with fear in their hearts? Byrtl couldn't say. She was just about to voice an order as a booming thunder and blinding light shook the bridge. Everybody had been knocked to the floor. Byrtl's ears had ruptured, but her eyes still functioned well enough to see the Blackclad giants step from the aetherial, white mist.

Massacre ensued.

hcGSTck.jpg?1

There were only six of them. Only six. They were clad in titanic, lumbering armour and yet moved with the speed and grace of predators. Their polearms spat round after round of explosive ammunition into the screaming masses, the blades sliced through armour as if it were nothing and cast blood across the void-windows in wide arcs. All the while, the Blackclad uttered no sound of their own. It was as if their gaze alone could kill, so fast they were. Morale was shattered in an instant. For all their tactical accumen and war-technology, the Ringers had never heard of teleportation; certainly not from ship to ship. The last remnants of the Saturnyne rebels were drowned in their own blood, their bodies cast to the ground in broken pieces.

The Blackclad giants observed their sanguine handwork. Their leader smiled behind his mask of gold and black as he stared at the world beneath them.

"My Emperor" He voxed back to his ship "One more jewel for your crown."

------------------------------------

Hello everybody, today I have a Shield-Captain in Allarus Armour for you all! :)

@Pearson73: Thanks man! Yeah, I've thought about making a Custodes army since the original release of the plastic kit, but all the gold was a bit too rich for me. Luckily, the Warders of the Vaults of Rython allowed for a more subtle way of painting.

@Markus_: Thanks man! I really want to go for that immovable & unstoppable aura of the Custodian Guard. They do not retreat, they only march forward. They are Gate and Gatekeeper in one.

@Bjorn Firewalker: Glad you like them! The army is intended to be more of a Unification Wars/Great Crusade era force, but will find use both fluff-wise and play-wise in all ages of the setting. The black is part of the Shadow-Wardens part of the Custodian Guard, those are the Custodes tasked with keeping all the vaults beneath the Imperial Palace safe.

@The_Stray_Soul: Thanks mate, appreciate the kind words :)

@Brother Pheidias: Thanks man, seems like we are of the same mind!

Thank you all for the kind words and likes, it means quite a lot to me! There should be more Allarus in the comming days, and perhaps even a jetbike or three....

Anyways, that is all for today. Hope you like the Shield Captain. C&C is, as always, much appreciated and very welcome!

• 2 weeks later...

The Messenger

The Emperor speaks through the Captain-General and the Lord-Warden

The Golden Spear to His right and the Black Dragon to His left

One made to shield His body and lead all the brethren in auric plate

The other created to hold the keys to crimes and dangers innumerable

One will always march in his Lord's glorious light, always heeding his words

The other dwelling deep beneath the mountain, king and guard of the crypts

What dwells within is not dead, however, some has never lived at all

Horrors, monsters, heresies worse than the common man could ever know

Things that cannot or must not ever be destroyed by anyone's hand

Things that one day, when all hope has been lost, must be unleashed again

This is the Black Dragons hoard, upon which he rests covered in firn

It is his word that I bring

Oath of the Warden-Captain

ArrKaEf.jpg?1

////Warden-Captain Timur "The Restless" Erlane; The Breaking of Panpacifica////

////Non-standard pelt of some ancient beast; provenance and genotypus unknown////

////Particular interest: Twin-tailed thunderbolts, otherwise unobserved amongst the Ten Thousand////

The Blackclad, the First of the Shadowkeepers, wardens of Khangba Marwu, Guardians of the Weeping Gate. Many are their names, many more their mysteries. Since those early days of conquest I have only rarely beheld them in all their sable glory, and yet I am thankful for it. Truly dreadful men must they be when even the Emperor refuses to suffer their presence and forbade them from ever abandoning their post in favour of another. Whoever becomes Blackclad does so forever.

If we ever require their aid, we know where to find them. If we ever require the horrors locked away by the Emperor's hand, we know who holds the keys. My lord tells me to leave them be, that they are provided all that they will ever need for their task. One hundred brethren, two Shield-Captains and the Black Dragon; a tribune in terms of rank and yet I dare not issue command over him, but humbly request his aid. Those wars of Unification have long since passed into the age of myth. Now, the Thrice-damned reave their bloody toll across the stars and hammer at our gates. Yet it is not the Black Dragon that stands in my chambers, but his Mouth. Timur is his name, or one of many.

A fine warrior, a man who had fought by my side in those long gone by days of the Panpacific Empire. What days those had been. More savage and gruesome than any since then, worse in their bloodshed and terror than even this rebellion, and yet I yearn for them, for our conquests had been smaller and our goals loftier. Yet here we stand with ashes in our hands and dark hearts throbbing beneath our feet.

Timur promises us that the Black Dragon will ascend from his lair and punish those that dare set their foot on Terra wrongfully and with poison in their souls.

I am grateful, and yet I wish it weren't his help that I need.

Constantin Valdor, private writings

fWIZIM0.jpg?1

////Pict-Feed of a slain Panpacific Conscript; death through ballistic decapitation////

Death ruled supreme in the M'rianna Trench. Grey-clad posthumans unleashed volley of explosive rounds from roaring bolters; already distinguishing imagery emerged between them. Some had their right arm and shoulder daubed in gold, other's were blood-red. Some were clad in ivory and orange, others in drab iron and black with a winged IV as their emblem. Other warriors, fully clad in gold or black reaped a bloody toll with glowing spears and axes.

Tzibran, general of the third Panpacific cohort, directed the psykana artillery; their witchfire rained down in coruscating orbs and even the grey-clad armour proved to be of little help against such weapons. Their mind-shields protected him from the relentless barrages of the enemy. Tzibran cared little for the witches that were scattered on the floor with brain melting out of their ears; Panpacifica had tons to spare.

The general turned to face one of his subordinates, his mouth open and ready to utter an order, when a cold feeling struck his very core. Like eldritch tentacles, a feeling of dread unfolded in his stomach and chest. There was seemingly no source for this feeling; nothing that could cause such subtle and yet all encompasing panic. His subordinate felt it too, but she pointed behind him with fearful eyes.

Four women, clad in gold hemmed black and red, had advanced upon their position in the cover of the dark spired. Instead of being incinerated by the psy-shields, the wards collapsed each time the warrior-women passed through them. Null-kin. Suddenly, the shells began tearing up the earth and stone around Tzibran, and a blinding flash of light blinded him. Something tore Tzibran from his legs and he fell on his chest.

He looked into a barrel as wide as his face after he regained his eyesight. A man twice his height, with a grizzled face and draped in rich red and pelts stared down at him with only disdain in his eyes.

"Capitulate" He demanded.

"Never" Tzibran uttered through gritted teeth.

Click.

Darkness.

zr82YBG.jpg?1

////Unusually ornate Castellan Axe; most likely an indicator of rank or field-role////

Of all the companies, save the glorious Companions that shield our beloved Emperor himself, our task surely is the most dire. The legions believe that the pitiful phosphex and alchemyk weaponry they wield counts amongst one of the greater horrors to be born of the Unification Wars, when in truth they barely deserve the footnote that they hold in our texts. What would the feared Astartes think of the Korova Sentience, a blend of organic and artificial sentience that outclasses all ever devised by Mars? How would the galaxy tremble if we unleashed the Beletrean Armaments, weaponry so terrible that it annihilates the soul itself?

No, such things must remain hidden and locked away, even in this age of treason, for none have proven infallible enough to wield them.

Not the Mechanicum.

Not the Astartes.

Not the Primarchs.

Not even the common man.

So we keep our eternal vigil.

Warden-Captain Timur, personal writings

hCN1TXL.jpg?1

////Note the Leonid emblem on the vambrace; emblem of office perhaps?////

------------------------------

Hey folks, a little preview of my second Shield captain :)

@Vairocanum: Thanks man, always appreciate your kind words! To be quite honest, the tendency to write from different PoVs arose from the fact that sometimes I just didn't know how to stretch a story that is set from only one PoV, so I did several. :D

@Bjorn Firewalker: Thanks mate! I had a reread of the Horus Heresy Blackbooks recently and stumbled upon the Ringers as a dissenting faction of the Saturnyne Fleet. Wracked my brain about their name for a solid 15 minutes until I remembered that Saturn has, well, rings.

Alright, that is it for today! Currently working on a secret Inquisimunda project (Mechanicum and Giger meet and have a chat, that's all I'll say) and debating if I should exapnd my IW, AL or BA for the Horus Heresy. Hope you liked the small preview. C&C is, as always, much appreciated and welcome! Have a nice day :)

• 2 weeks later...

Something beneath Goddardia stirs...

zp1vAZC.jpg?1
R8Sq7ro.jpg?1
JIPv74H.jpg?1
QPxFyDc.jpg?1

---------------------------

@marcusc: Cheers man!

@Vairocanum: Thanks man, glad you like him! I am taking a short break from the Custodes (Just a few days) as I need a breather from all the black and gold.

Alright, so what is that monstrosity above? Well, as some of you might remember, I reference the place Goddardia several times in my Unification Era stories. Goddard is what I imagine the Gotthard mountain range (The Saint Gotthard Massif) to be called in the far future. The massif is situated within Switzerland, which is what Old-Helvetia is in this continuity, and contains an impressive array of bunkers and artillerly positions that remain from the IInd World War. In my own fiction, a small collection of academics and educated people sought shelter in the bunkers, alongside their creations, just shortly before the bombs fell. Some of these people might have been affiliated with the proto-mechanicum, some part of conflicting companies and institutes and so on and so forth. Goddardia sealed itself off, Fallout Vault-like, and created an own, functioning microsystem. This would over time grow into a prospering, but harsh technocracy that in many ways was similar to the Mechanicum of its age. It desired knowledge above all else, it desired power, conquest and technology, but it saw little value in the dogmatic faith that the Mechanicum and later on the Adeptus Mechanicus held. Technology could be revered yes, but that was a matter of philosophical discourse, not of religious zeal for it was only natural for technology to evolve. After all, technology is just evolution reinvented. It also held psykers in high esteem, trying to selectively breed them and fill its ranks with powerful minds, in a quite literal sense.

The Emperor would eventually cast his gaze towards Goddardia, for he felt the psychic minds and he remembered the days the mountains were sealed off. The ascent to the primary gate was long and perilious. His hosts had been beset on all sides by cairn-machines and molded flesh gholams of unknown provenance. Eventually, the Emperor would stand before the vast, circular gate and for the first time in millenia, the lords of goddardia, scions of Old-Helvetia would return to dwell above the earth. Willingly they bent their knee to him, for they saw him as the greatest of their own kind; a consumate thinker, scientist, and above all, psyker.

I am currently drafting the rest of the fluff, but I definitely want to go into a very Gigerian, cold and disturbing direction with the Goddardian Biotech-Wrights. The fabric will be a pale, washed out mint-green, the metal will be black edged with bleak, green-tinged cold and I want to deliberately blend the borders between flesh and iron.

The Magos above is very early WiP, basically only the backpack and upper pair of arms is fixed. I am still debating a wide selection of heads and if I add the genestealer arms to him, then I will obfuscate most of them with sleeves, but leave the Gigerian palms uncovered.

It is, as I said, very, very early WiP, so if you have any interesting ideas I'd love to hear them!

Damn, he's a brute, very intimidating as Bjorn said. The mechanicum model is a great base (obviously for the tech-thrall nature) to give that hunched, hulking look, the skull really brings up the grim facor though. Out of interest, how big is he?

I LOVE that model! What parts were used in the creation, mainly the arms? I see the Myrmidon base and the Dark Mech. character's awesome head, but the other bits (other than the Genestealer arms) are escaping me. Is that an Anvil Industry arm?

Hey folks,

@Bjorn Firewalker: Thanks man! Actually, good idea! While I probably won't be doing that with this Goddardian, I definitely will keep those ideas in mind for the second one I am planning, who has more of a surgeon/genetor vibe to themselves.

@Pearson73: Cheers man, glad you like him! :smile.: The Mechanicum Myrmidon figures are amazing for any and all techpriest related conversions. Here is a comparison pic between a space marine and a primaris. As you can see, while hunched over, he is MASSIVE

5du1kDw.jpg?1 

@DuskRaider: Thanks mate! :D The arms in the original picture I posted, was the left arm of Abaddon from FW and the right arm is from Anvil Industry (The large exo-lords bionic arms to be precise). The fists are from the Ruststalker kit (right arm), the fist holding the grip of the chainsword (Which is from FWs Dorn) is the hammer holding hand from the Necromunda Goliath kit. The backpack is a blend of the Renegade Militia Enforcer kit and the Solar Auxilia one. I hope that helps :)

Here are some more WiP pics of the Goddardian Magos! As you can see, I have taken off the genestealer arms, just to see how the Magos looks like when the focus around his torso is narrowed down a bit and more emphasise is put on the more lumbering, almost ursine aspect of his. I will also source a few more open hands for the right arm, just to see what fits him best. Abaddons left arm was replaced with the same arm that he has on the right, both because I love symmetry and because the arm is more complex structure wise and includes small, ribbed, tubular structures that when painted right should be very reminiscent of Gigers work. What do you think of the changes so far?

lyITYo1.jpg?1
JYJkOUZ.jpg?1
KpHLLpU.jpg?1
PQh4JKo.jpg?1

I'd love to hear all your thoughts and ideas! As always, have a nice day :)

Really is massive, even next to scaled marines. The parts list is incredible, though I can't quite believe Dorn has been sacrificed upon the alter of conversion already!

Archived