Dagoth Ur

Lovely models. I'm getting drawn into the mysteries of the War for Unification. Such an exciting time to base your models on.

A lot of them look really familiar and I'm not sure why. I guess it's various artworks you use as inspiration.

Really great thread!

OK WELL THAT'S A PERFECT MODEL. Seriously phenomenal work on that Thunder Warrior, he looks massive in comparison to the space marine. Really awesome read as well, I think this might be my new favorite model from you, definitely looking forward to see this guy painted up someday!

Hey fellas, thanks for the awesome comments!

@DuskRaider: Cheers dude! Yeah, Gunship is great and I love it as some mood music while building my minis.

@hushrong: haha, thanks a lot bud! Never to late to get in on that sweet Terra action ;)

@Bjorn Firewalker: Jup, craven is more or less cowardly. Now that you mention it, I haven't specifically planned anything but I kinda wanna do a series now....

@Brother Pheidias: Thanks man! I will throw a hawk's eye on your thread in that case!

@Honda: Thank you kindly, battle brother, your praise means a lot :) Also, the helmet is indeed from limited edition Autilon Skorr by FW. He has been out of production for years now, sadly.

@Krakendoomcool: Thanks friend, it is always nice to bring the unification wars closer to people! I base many of my miniatures, at least in part on John Blanches sketches or on Dune, but I also pick up ideas from fraters all across the board.

@Vairocanum: Thanks a bunch friend! The thunderwarrior definitely is one of my personal favorite works besides Alpharius Omegon, my Erasmus Golg proxy and my Blood Angels praetor.

@Haz/lakelui: DingDingDing! Correct!

@Brother Pheidias: DingDingDing! Also correct!

Now; Thanatar update! The mini is close to done, after that there will be a bunch of castellax and the thunderwarrior.

9ghJl96.jpg?1

As you can see, I have gone with light grey armour. This will be unique to some characters and paragon of metal automata, the rest will be black with the same green-blue.

KtKrNIh.jpg?1

Automata nummeral with battle insignia/honorifics.

vKGb5Ty.jpg?1

The Opus Machina and a small indicator to which legion the machina has been bonded to....

BxmQRmJ.jpg?1

Very happy with the engine metallics; will add some blueing and purple sheen to represent heat.

H8P1SLm.jpg?1

My favorite part. Used some Word Bearers and Mechanicum transfers to indicate the special manufacture of this engine.

Well, what remains is some more colour to the metal, the base and the purple-pink glow of the coils and plasma lattices. Hope you liked this small update. C&C is, as always, much appreciated! Have a nice day.

Oh man, that war machine is beautifully gritty and brutal! This is making my mouth water at the thought of how you’ll be painting the castellax and thunder warriors.

I had been going back and forth between this log and The Heralds of Ruin rules. I think once I actually finish a project goal I may have to go and make a few of those proto-astartes badasses.

• 4 weeks later...

Two stunning offerings. Oh my goodness, I just love how you impart a grittiness to the models that just looks like scaled down reality.

The Thanatar is extremely impressive. I think 28 picked the wrong one. :)

I had been going back and forth between this log and The Heralds of Ruin rules. I think once I actually finish a project goal I may have to go and make a few of those proto-astartes badasses.

DOO-EET!

Archived