~Drakzilla~

Okay, let this henceforth be the place to discuss matters related to the Suzerainty, and the aspects of the Warbringers and Warriors of Peace that are associated with it.

So how about a color scheme and a name for the "true legion" of the Suzerainty?

Edited by Lord Thørn

(Pasted from the General Discussion thread)

How about pure Silver for the "one legion"?

Might be a bit too close to the Warbringer's white, but given they're Kozja's special darlings why not go full ostentatious regality and do them completely Gold?

Also, just a quick thought regarding names, perhaps Kozja could name the new marines the Genesis Legion, both as a reference to the canon Chapter and as Kozja envisions them as the first children of a new genesis for mankind? As an extension of that, how about "The Newborn" as the new Primarch's title?

Okay, I should probably know more about this, but what is this "true legion" exactly? Is it made up of members from the WoP and Warbringers, or is it something else entirely?

I do like the Genesis Legion name. As for colors, how about a dull metallic color? Like maybe alumide?

I hate the typo too and having both brainiacs at the task will probably lead to success. Problem of most primarchs is that they are very bad teamplayers, more so if it is not a case of war.

First off: pretty sick and tired, but need to write these down to try to settle what I already have established in my mind, but not discussed here. So far, my vision of things follows this rough line:

⋅Kozja experiments on mixed gene-seed from Prospero onward. Vizenko gets caught, tried, and the Asklepian order is dissolved.

⋅Insurrection erupts, Asklepian order reformed in secret. Blood Taker formations gather genetic intelligence on elusive legions.

⋅Experiments on gene-seed begin to bear fruit. VI-XVI hybrids able to withstand tremendous damage, and imbued with great strength, IV-XVII chimeras with completely rational decision ability in the absence of orders…

⋅Suzerainty is formed. Kozja withdraws from actively leading the legion at the forefront of the fight, having an empire to rule and research to conduce. Greater things are wrought in the labs. Combinations of three or four different gene-strains, compensating each other but relatively unstable, form the first elements of what will be known as the Genesis Legion. Establishes theories that "Integration 20" legionnaires will need a primarch to lead them.

⋅Siege and razing of Madrigal, both primarchs pillage some useful resources for their further experiments from the deepest vaults of the Stormlord.

⋅Scouring, despite his mostly political appearance, Kozja is working on the practical to his theory stated above. To him, making a primarch de novo is unfeasible, but an already existing one can be further enhanced, his very genetic makeup rewritten.

⋅Applies it to himself sometimes in M32, cue major screw-ups, space tumors, and self-internment is stasis pod.

⋅Jade decides to pursue the project, this time starting not from a primarch, but from reverse-engineered "Integration 20" gene-seed.

⋅Gets murdered by his creation, if I'm remembering correctly.

This all sounds great to me. My idea is that Jade creates the False Primarch, FP turns on him, cue War of the False Primarch, Jade goes all Dr. Frankenstein and is determined to hunt him down, the two confront each other and fight to both of their deaths.

Hmm, question, do you think Jade and his Suzerainity forces would be able to handle the Newborn and his Genesis Legion on their own or would the Newborn be such a threat as to force him to request aid from the Imperials?

Well, Jade would probably have command of the Warbringers, the Warriors of Peace, any mortal Suzerain troops/ Mechanicum, while the Newborn would have the Genesis Legion and maybe some other defecting groups. Not sure if any Genesis legionnaires would remain loyal to the Suzerainty.

I think the Suzerainty has just enough forces to quell the uprising, but the Genesis Legion and their Primarch would be powerful enough to balance out the numerical disadvantage, and wreak plenty of havoc.

Also, for the Genesis Legion here's what I was considering as far as color palette: http://orig04.deviantart.net/97ac/f/2013/249/4/2/charge_by_jonasdero-d6l7m4q.jpg

http://orig01.deviantart.net/c441/f/2013/181/2/0/nuclear_storm_by_bogdan_mrk-d6bbryj.jpg

http://orig12.deviantart.net/680b/f/2013/126/0/6/kalsifer_by_fetsch-d649bdg.jpg

http://orig01.deviantart.net/6294/f/2013/029/f/e/galaxy_saga__applibot____berserker_of_destruction_by_djahal-d5t4buo.jpg

The slate/alumide/dark metallic grey and blue accents really conveys a theme of advanced technology and futurism that isn't quite present in 40k, and I think it would fit very well for the Suzerainty's "chosen" legion.

First off: pretty sick and tired, but need to write these down to try to settle what I already have established in my mind, but not discussed here. So far, my vision of things follows this rough line:

⋅Kozja experiments on mixed gene-seed from Prospero onward. Vizenko gets caught, tried, and the Asklepian order is dissolved.

⋅Insurrection erupts, Asklepian order reformed in secret. Blood Taker formations gather genetic intelligence on elusive legions.

⋅Experiments on gene-seed begin to bear fruit. VI-XVI hybrids able to withstand tremendous damage, and imbued with great strength, IV-XVII chimeras with completely rational decision ability in the absence of orders…

⋅Suzerainty is formed. Kozja withdraws from actively leading the legion at the forefront of the fight, having an empire to rule and research to conduce. Greater things are wrought in the labs. Combinations of three or four different gene-strains, compensating each other but relatively unstable, form the first elements of what will be known as the Genesis Legion. Establishes theories that "Integration 20" legionnaires will need a primarch to lead them.

⋅Siege and razing of Madrigal, both primarchs pillage some useful resources for their further experiments from the deepest vaults of the Stormlord.

⋅Scouring, despite his mostly political appearance, Kozja is working on the practical to his theory stated above. To him, making a primarch de novo is unfeasible, but an already existing one can be further enhanced, his very genetic makeup rewritten.

⋅Applies it to himself sometimes in M32, cue major screw-ups, space tumors, and self-internment is stasis pod.

⋅Jade decides to pursue the project, this time starting not from a primarch, but from reverse-engineered "Integration 20" gene-seed.

⋅Gets murdered by his creation, if I'm remembering correctly.

I'm Commander Sim, and I approve of this timeline.

Ah, good thinking Drak, it would make sense too given the Genesis Legion are mean to be the Suzerainity's Crowning Achievement, the culmination of Kozja's dreams and ambitions, so it makes sense they might wear the emblem of the Suzerainity itself.

Also:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/sm/bpe=8796A8&bpj=3F6591&bp=7B848F&bpc=7B848F&hdt=7B8A9C&hdm=8796A8&hdl=7B848F&ey=7CC7FC&er=3E4A59&pi=3E4A59&nk=8A95A1&ch=7B848F&eg=3D536B&sk=388AD1&abs=646B73&bt=7B848F&cod=7B848F&ull=7B848F&lk=8796A8&lll=7B848F&lft=8796A8&url=7B848F&rk=2B81CC&lrl=7B848F&rft=8796A8&slt=8B96A3&sli=8B96A3&srt=2B81CC&sri=8B96A3&ula=7B848F&lel=8796A8&lla=7B848F&lw=8796A8&lh=7B848F&ura=7B848F&rel=8796A8&rla=7B848F&rw=8796A8&rh=7B848F&bg=FFFFFF&rb=495563&gr=3E4A59&wg=true&be=C0C0CC&hs=084B99&mk6=true&hse=084B99&dm3=true&mk7=354754&mk8=true&comi=475769&bs=697685&pp=082D4A&spl1=1D3354&spr1=1D3354&spl2=1D3354&spr2=1D3354&/spacemarine.jpg

Seconded but haven't we said that the suzerainty had problems in obtaining new stuff?

That they need to scavenge more than the other factions? Sig had the idea of their own heresy mark version.

Think the discussion was in the power armor thread.

Or did I misunderstood you and you were just talking about an advanced looking color scheme to hide the trash armor? ;)

And furthermore, we said that we Vitruvian symbol no 1 was the one with the most votes.

While Drak and I were pro dragon symbol, the rest was pro vitruvian.

Edited by Kelborn

The Only problem with that Armour Setup is that the Helmet literally cannot fit :tongue.:

Except if it's not mkVI ;)

I think it would be fair to suppose the Suzerainty would have to develop their own mark of power armour to equip their dudes (as you say, little to no access to traditional sources of PA) - they would probably also not have TDA (or very little of it), and possibly relatively few tanks - instead, they'd rely on truly being Legion, relying on humble power armour dudes and artillery (rapier batteries) and possibly cavalry/biker forces.

Antigrav technology might also be hard to come by. On the other hand, they may get access to more un-armoured vehicles that carry more men - the Imperium's Space Marine Cohorts can gravitate to the ten man squads of the [Codex Astartes] whereas the suzerainty will keep larger amounts of manpower, though less well equipped.

The las weaponry that had been discussed can enter into this idea of "futurism" - to us, las weaponry is futuristic, to the 31st Millenium it is rather basic

Depends what Forge Worlds they can claim - assuming they can get part of the Mechanicus on side.

Will Vizenko play a role in the Suzerainty? I'm struggling to picture what might happen to him after encountering Turrus