~Drakzilla~

They could make use of quads like the Warthoggs of Halo

So rather bikes/quads/trikes with light transporters like Rhinos / razorback and very few heavy support tanks

Like 40k marines, equipped with the easiest stuff to produce

Plus

Las technology like we discussed it earlier

Laslocks would make for an appropriate 'low-tech' replacement for bolters, possibly give the Advanced Weapons upgrade option to some units. So with regular Laslocks they'd be cheaper than normal, but the upgrade would make them nearly the same as normal marines (~5pts more than regular). In either case that is a discussion for later, but I just wanted to make the suggestion before I forget.

This all sounds great to me. My idea is that Jade creates the False Primarch, FP turns on him, cue War of the False Primarch, Jade goes all Dr. Frankenstein and is determined to hunt him down, the two confront each other and fight to both of their deaths.

That's drastically different from what I had in mind. In my vision of events, the FP murders Jade early on, taking command of the Suzerainty as a whole, and declaring a war against the Imperium after centuries of non-aggression pacts. The Genesis Legion and the Cohorts fight for decades until a kill-team of several Cohort Masters manage to corner the False Primarch and end him.

Now, time to get my tablet on, and sketch stuff.

Laslocks would make for an appropriate 'low-tech' replacement for bolters, possibly give the Advanced Weapons upgrade option to some units. So with regular Laslocks they'd be cheaper than normal, but the upgrade would make them nearly the same as normal marines (~5pts more than regular). In either case that is a discussion for later, but I just wanted to make the suggestion before I forget.

How about we keep bolters but have them fire lower tech ammo?

This all sounds great to me. My idea is that Jade creates the False Primarch, FP turns on him, cue War of the False Primarch, Jade goes all Dr. Frankenstein and is determined to hunt him down, the two confront each other and fight to both of their deaths.

That's drastically different from what I had in mind. In my vision of events, the FP murders Jade early on, taking command of the Suzerainty as a whole, and declaring a war against the Imperium after centuries of non-aggression pacts. The Genesis Legion and the Cohorts fight for decades until a kill-team of several Cohort Masters manage to corner the False Primarch and end him.

Now, time to get my tablet on, and sketch stuff.

Well, that's new. The first version put forward had Jade die in to the FP early on, but then it was Kozja who fights the FP and slays it. It was planned to be a Suzerainty-only affair, since the Imperium, under Hectarion was battling an extra-galactic threat in the galactic north. 

Perhaps we could incorporate more of a rugged, utilitarian aspect to the marines to help differentiate the Suzerain marines from the Imperial space marines. Is anyone familiar with the artwork of Theo Stylianides? He has done actual art for 40k but some of his recent ones could work for the aesthetic of the new marines of the Suzerainty; just picture them with the gunmetal/blue color scheme.

http://img09.deviantart.net/1572/i/2014/235/3/f/tacticalmarine_by_sttheo-d7wcjqk.jpg

http://img10.deviantart.net/7a65/i/2015/342/c/f/bug_demolisher_by_sttheo-d7n0g8i.jpg

http://pre09.deviantart.net/08f1/th/pre/i/2016/141/f/8/wwi_order_knight_by_sttheo-da38uf4.jpg

http://img15.deviantart.net/d447/i/2015/342/6/d/assault_marine_by_sttheo-d7sxp0i.jpg

If these "marines" are more powerful than a normal marine wouldn't it make sense that they would rather close into melee where their superiority would be more apparent? 

I think that could help back that they have lower developed weapons (aka laslocks) and more of an emphases on melee weapons. 

Drak the only trouble I have with tht style is(as always) that I feel that takes them too far from the established look for sm. Sure their look can be changed a bit but they still need to be instantly recognizable as sm. 'Course the Suzerainty isn' my legions empire but that's my opinion

And since when were Suzerainty marines more poweeful? I thought there ere just more of them

Edited by Sigismund229

And since when were Suzerainty marines more poweeful? I thought there ere just more of them

I think they're referring to the Genesis Legionnaires, who are genetic-chimeras with the the combined strengths of all 20 legions.

What about taking some influences from Tau battle suit and implement them in the Genesis legions armor?

More edges, bulkier, a bit like the Damocles pattern from the Dornian heresy?

@Sigismund: Actually, I'd agree that going with the exact style from the images I showed would be a bit too much, but a simplified version with less pouches and whatnot is more what I had in mind. Just using those as a veeeery rough guideline.

@Kelborn: Yeah kinda like the angular tau look with maybe some more exposed mechanical bits.

Edited by drakzilla

Pondering the Newborn and the idea that he might kill the Jade General, I was reminded of the "I want more life, fether" scene from Blade Runner. Not sure if that'd fit, but hey ho.

Also, a question: how does the Jade General's wilful ignorance of the Warp come into play when he tries to create a Primarch?

Edited by bluntblade

Well we have the exile imperium. They could field such a style.

We had the discussiom for an own armor mark before and the consesnus was no new armor mark, we rename the mkVI to jackal pattern or so.

Only legions I see who could field "special" PA are the drowned and the scions as they might have apecialzed armor for underwatermadness

@Skal: I like the colorscheme

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

Plus we have to keep in mind that these minis have to be playable.

What do I mean?

In order to play underwater missions (with the appropriate gear) AND the Genesis Legion (as a normal player), one need appropriate models. Without minis, no game. Though you could use normal minis and say that they are special but that's not the same. ;)

I would like to see a similar aesthetic elsewhere though. Dornian Heresy had its own marks, after all.

Oh, I'm all for giving the Suzerainty its own armour mark - you are right in that it should have its own aesthetic in order to differentiate it from the Imperium.

However, I don't think the "Utilitarian" aspect of those examples fit with how the Suzerainty feels in my head. Of course, the Suzerainty isn't my brain child, so my opinion's won't have as much weight as other members X)

Oh oh oh oh !!!!

How about, giving the Suzerainty a Galactic Empire vibe? ^^

Currently at work, so I can't paste a link but have a look via google: Darth Vader 40k first image

BADASS!!!

(Don't take this post seriously. Just popped up in my head.)