~Drakzilla~

Because there are so few, everyone will be reminded of grey knights, especially if the color is somewhat similar.

We call it "Rabenschnabel" and I favor Lucerne Hammers and Becs de Corbin ?

We call it "Rabenschnabel" and I favor Lucerne Hammers and Becs de Corbin ?

I don't know why that name is so cool. Could it be because of the assonance in "ab"?

Skalpy? How do Becs-de-Corbin/Rabenschnabel - toting dudes sound to you?

ähm...I suggested this kind of weapon (Rabenschnabel, just used another name) as well.

So I'm for it.

Ah, I hadn't understood that Rabenschnabel was a small(ish) weapon - a Lucerne Hammer is a full-blown polearm (and a ruddy terrifying one for armour at that!)

@Lord Thorn: Actually what I had in mind was that the armor might offer slightly less protection either from the materials used or from having more "soft" parts. So the sensors might be improved, or the servos and mobility might be enhanced.

Anyways, I am digging the hammers. I can also get behind the assault bikers and shooty jumppack units, as long as there remain some assault oriented jump marines. The image of a marine descending from the sky with hammer in hand, ready to administer codex-approved hammer time is too good to pass up.

• 1 month later...

"Legiones Astartes have reached obsolescence. Terminate them. Legio Genesis shall rise from their ashes. Homo Sapiens has reached obsolescence. Update them. Homo Novus shall rise from their flesh."

First recorded orders of the individual designated in Imperial texts as the False Primarch, early M33.

"Legiones Astartes have reached obsolescence. Terminate them. Legio Genesis shall rise from their ashes. Homo Sapiens has reached obsolescence. Update them. Homo Novus shall rise from their flesh."

First recorded orders of the individual designated in Imperial texts as the False Primarch, early M33.

200w.gif

Yeeesss...

Edited by SanguiniusReborn

+++Incoming transmission via internal network+++

++Priority-Code: Peace through Power++

+Opening data+

Subject: Rise of the Genesis Legion

Background: The False Primarch declared war -+- Genesis Legion prepares for war -+- mankind shall be reshaped

Calculation of losses: horrendous, if not total

Calculation of success: 87,321 % if no intervention of Traitor Legion known as [error 423] occurs

Calculation of outcome: Imperium shattered, Suzerainty abused as staging point, mankind nearly extinct, work of the Emperor annihilated

Logical consistency: Suspension of the Genesis Legion

Conclusion: Prepare the silver fleets; assemble for war; Genesis Legion must be stopped at all cost; mankind must be preserved

My sons,

we will stop this abomination and its perverted Legion. We will avenge our comrades and my brother. We will stand against them and prevail for we are the Steel Legion, the Dal'rahim, the Forged, the immortal brotherhood.

One vision,

One purpose!

+end of transmission+

Do any Warriors of Peace remain loyal to Icarion as well as some Warbringers? Was thinking a Warbringer could be quite important to the rise of the [black Legion] given that they won't belong anywhere

Survivors from the Cull of the Blackened Hosts might end up as members of the [black Legion] and Knights Errants, respectively. I picture an ex-Warbringer in blinged-out black Mk VI.

• 1 month later...

Exams are sooo good for creativity. Here's a few attempts at custom helmets for the three legions, I'm now noticing I should've used Jin and Strelian characters rather than XVII and IX (and probably binary for 18 as well).

Suzerainty

Edited by Skalpynock

I like them, though the IX's helmet might look a bit archaic? (early medieval rather then late medieval/modern)

Also, while 10010 is nice, it's not as understandable quickly - also, to look nicer, perhaps 010 010 would be better?

I like them, though the IX's helmet might look a bit archaic? (early medieval rather then late medieval/modern)

Also, while 10010 is nice, it's not as understandable quickly - also, to look nicer, perhaps 010 010 would be better?

Honestly, apart from Polish hussar helms, I can't think of many later slavic helm designs, and the "classical" pointy-skulled and aventail helmet feels more iconic to me. Of course both will find their ways in different units. Kozja's is supposed to look like a crown with a hussar faceplate.

010 in a squarish configuration doesn't look half bad. And that's not even counting esoteric scripts such as these

Honestly, apart from Polish hussar helms, I can't think of many later slavic helm designs, and the "classical" pointy-skulled and aventail helmet feels more iconic to me. Of course both will find their ways in different units. Kozja's is supposed to look like a crown with a hussar faceplate.

010 in a squarish configuration doesn't look half bad. And that's not even counting esoteric scripts such as these

Ran out of likes

• 4 weeks later...

"My predecessor would have refused such a bold offer," finally came the voice from the hololith. Like everything from Heliosa-79, it was uncannily ethereal. "My seventy-eighth incarnation was afraid of the Imperium, she had witnessed the Legions putting our world on fire. She lied to herself, she refused to see that our kind was slowly dying under the one you called Father. She even deluded herself into compliance to the edicts enacted upon you, Urafos. I, however, am above that. Now is the best time to leave Sol, before the warp-tainted get hold of it, or the Imperials accuse me of treachery and finish the work they started two centuries ago."

Darzalas nodded. "It is most unfortunate that an ancient people such as yours has to flee its homeland, honoured Matriarch. We shall see that you receive adequate compensation. What would be your terms?"

The Selenar feigned contemplation, her serene face-mask betraying none of her real thoughts. "Four things. One, Strela's third moon. Two, unquestioned compliance of your Asklepians. Three, that we be left to our own devices. Four, that I may sit with you at the head of your Suzerainty."

Darzalas checked the feasibility of each. Zijebka was a lifeless rock, much like Luna had been before men ventured above orbit. The Asklepian orders had already absorbed most of the Selenar principles. Leaving their freedom to the Gene-Cults was the sine qua non condition for them joining the forming Suzerainty. But to have a non-primarch among the ruling council? That would need to be debated with the rest of the Triumvirate, and they were not present. Nomus' legion was securing territory on the southern sections of the soon-to-be kingdom; Izumras was setting up the Great Migration from Jin to the Oneiron cluster. And he was in desperate needs of allies. In the worst case, he could simply betray his lie.

"So shall it be, honoured Matriarch. My Suzerainty shall be your Suzerainty."

• 4 weeks later...

Idea for post Terra Suzerainty.

A sixth Star Lords Trade Company is founded to explore the unknown regions beyond the imperial borders.

There, they discover the former Black Conda tribe of the XXth. Renamed as the Warbeasts, they are purging xenos, mutants and the likes in order to redeem their former betrayal. (Carcharodon style)

They get in conflict with each other, resulting in the Colonial Wars.

Either the Star Lords or the Warbeasts are fend off OR the Warbeasts are convinced to join the Suzerainty.

Genesis Legion Daedalus Devastator

STORM BLAST!!!!

About the Carcharadons-Problem:

Maybe we should focus on finishing the Insurrection first. Maybe from the narrative there some Chapters evolve not claiming now already to be a clone of one of the coolest chapters in 40k history.

Edited by MikhalLeNoir