~Drakzilla~

Inspired by Skalpynok I was tempted to sketch something. Well the last one became better bit I have a long way to go until I can do my own commissions^^ However, my pic of the Suzis

859949-The%20Suzerainity.jpg

And no, Nomus jas no beard, I just have no eraser^^

Edit: ups mistake...suzerainty instead of suzerainity

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

A tentative map of the Suzerainty in the Galaxy, essentially the Eastern Half of the Segmentum Obscurus:

gallery_77459_12000_955584.png

Note that this region would include not only Strela, but also Lucius and Cypra Mundi, two of the most important Forge Worlds of the Galaxy (the first for its productivity, the second for its status as a fortress for the Fleet), and a number of other Forge Worlds like Mezoa, Mpandex and Goth. Finally, the Questoris worlds of the Stryken System and Dutonis, and the Imperial Guard worlds of Mordian and Alaric Prime are also in the area.

It is bordered by the Eye of Terror (which would mainly be important in the years after the Scouring) and by the Legion Homeworlds of Huron, Delos and Styx, as well as Molech

Interestingly, Fenris is also there - I believe the Iron Bears used it as a recruitment ground after the fall of Leman Russ, which could be an additional Friction Point between the Bears and the Suzerainty: further, I was also wondering if Fenris could prove to be the new homeworld of the Warriors of Peace? a WoP vs. Iron Bears fight could be fun to watch

EDIT: scratch that, I hadn't seen some of the work on the maps and Fenris that had taken place

Edited by Lord Thørn

Right, since I started playing the Witcher, I've been thinking that there could probably be a good way of integrating the concept into the warbringers.

And then I remembered that

1. I'd not got any unit slots left
  2. Their role would be fairly similar to that of the Loyalist Nightguard

However, the role of Daemon/Xenos/Witch hunters would probably still be necessary in the Suzerainty, so I was wondering if you had any idea of how we should proceed on this front: should we create a new order of Nightguard successors (who would only fight as small units of characters, rather then as army sized units), should I make them a Warbringers only thing...

Also, would you like to share in the Goliath vehicle goodness? I've been currently thinking of two possible variants: one for rapid transport (essentially replacing the Land Speeder Storm), one that would have a crane that grants it battlesmith.

I've also been thinking that, following the end of the Insurrection (possibly even after Kozja's death), the Warbringers would probably start wanting to focus more on larger numbers then on quality, and in that optic would begin developping wargear that would be less costly to manufacture and maintain, allowing the equipment of more marines, but that would be less performant then their loyalist counterparts. I don't know how you'd feel about this slant for the other Legions of the Suzerainty?

Right, since I started playing the Witcher, I've been thinking that there could probably be a good way of integrating the concept into the warbringers.

And then I remembered that

1. I'd not got any unit slots left
  2. Their role would be fairly similar to that of the Loyalist Nightguard

However, the role of Daemon/Xenos/Witch hunters would probably still be necessary in the Suzerainty, so I was wondering if you had any idea of how we should proceed on this front: should we create a new order of Nightguard successors (who would only fight as small units of characters, rather then as army sized units), should I make them a Warbringers only thing...

Also, would you like to share in the Goliath vehicle goodness? I've been currently thinking of two possible variants: one for rapid transport (essentially replacing the Land Speeder Storm), one that would have a crane that grants it battlesmith.

I've also been thinking that, following the end of the Insurrection (possibly even after Kozja's death), the Warbringers would probably start wanting to focus more on larger numbers then on quality, and in that optic would begin developping wargear that would be less costly to manufacture and maintain, allowing the equipment of more marines, but that would be less performant then their loyalist counterparts. I don't know how you'd feel about this slant for the other Legions of the Suzerainty?

One of the ideas we had for the post Insurrection Nightguard was that they would be drawn from both loyalist and Suzerainty legions, fulfilling the role of deamon hunters for both. So if we run with that, the Nightguard do that for both loyalists and Suzerainty

I think maybe the Suzerainty could have a bit more territory to the north-west of the already proposed space, with them owning everything from Mexicatii and the border next to it down to the Eye of Terror as I reckon it's be real difficult for the Imperium to maintain control of that area themselves as they'd have to go all the way around the Eye which between the inevitable chaos raids and numerous other threats would pose a considerable challenge, something the Suzerainty could capitalise on to acquire more resources.

I think maybe the Suzerainty could have a bit more territory to the north-west of the already proposed space, with them owning everything from Mexicatii and the border next to it down to the Eye of Terror as I reckon it's be real difficult for the Imperium to maintain control of that area themselves as they'd have to go all the way around the Eye which between the inevitable chaos raids and numerous other threats would pose a considerable challenge, something the Suzerainty could capitalise on to acquire more resources.

Perhaps they'd expand this far during the scouring, but with the Eagle Warriors and the Grave Stalkers in that half of the Segmentum Obscurus I think it may be complicated during the Insurrection itself.

It's worth remembering the Galaxy bulges in the middle. Their territory will go quite a way "up" as well as across

That's true, but the Segmentum is only partially on one of the Spiral Arms, which is where the "territory" would be thickest this far out from the centre

• 4 weeks later...

Here's an initial list of worlds that are part of the Suzerainty essentially from the beginning of the Secession. I'm no doubt forgetting many that are already listed in that part of the Galaxy, so feel free to add them in following posts. This zone essentially covers the Segmentum Obscurus' eastern half, from around the Cadian Gate (excluded) to Port Maw:

Sectors and Sub-sectors:
- Gothic Sector
- Eastern Halo Stars?
- Cyclops Cluster
- Manachean Commonwealth
- Grail Abyss

Legio Homeworlds:
- Strela
- Saepio
- Jiin (New Homeworld of the Warriors of Peace)

Forge Worlds:
- Lucius
- Cypra Mundi
- Mezoa
- M'Pandex
- Goth
- Vindalex
- Rho-Delpha

Questoris Worlds:
- Stryken System
- Dutonis
- Alaric Prime
- Kaldeia

Militarum Worlds:
- Mordian
- Vostroya
- Port Maw
- Nigrellum

Other Worlds (Hive, Agri, Industrial, Feral, Shrine...)
- Obfuscane
- Luminaria
- Sanor's Fall
- Dawn
- Vander's Landing
- Manachea

In the latter years of the Insurrection, and possibly later too, the Suzerainty will probably expand slightly (especially towards Mexicatii etc.), and it's military will probably become closer to the Tyrant's Legion then the Legiones Astartes or the Astartes Orders of the Imperium.

Ah? Vostroya is in the halo zone of the Segmentum Obscurus according to wikia? While in principle I wouldn't mind just leaving it with the three fires - I'm suddenly concerned at how big you see the Tricendia as? Is that info up in your OP for the Iron Bears?

The halo zone is half a segmentum obscurus away from Huron though, seemingly squeezed between the Suzerainty and the Insurrectionist territories round mexicatii and kabieb? Now, we can rediscuss the size and position of the Suzerainty - were really at the beginning of the process after all... but Vostroya joining the Bears seems a bit random when presented in a vacuum ^^'

Ok - the question now is: should Vostroya (and the Halo Zone/Stars) belong to the Suzerainty or the Insurrectionists?

Or should Vostroya remain neutral as in canon? With the Insurrection lasting that much longer, and with an extra faction joining the fray, I can't really see how any planets could remain neutral (this war is very much more about taking control of the galaxy then the relative "rush" to Terra of the Horus Heresy after all) - therefore, I'm personally against that option, but we should probably think of a specific reasoning behind Vostroya joining the Suzerainty, or think of how a conquest would play out.