DBH's Carmine Blades

Dont-Be-Haten

Looking for some Advice on a couple of things. I have this Lord Executioner Model I've kit bashed and primed. So I have a question, Should I use him to represent a future captain, or a death company chaplain without helmet to represent a model with "The Guardian's Blade" Granted it is an axe and not a sword, but it would be quite cool. 

Two ways to run him. I've also thought about leaving his armor painted black to represent a Captain that has fallen to the Black Rage, which would allow me to play either variant, also with his gun holstered he's still WYSIWYG when it comes to ranged weapons, thoughts on these ideas? 

Death Company Chaplain (1) - 165pts

1 Death Company Chaplain: Inferno pistol,The Guardian's Blade,Jump pack,Digital weapons

Captain (1) - 170pts    Digital weapons
    1 Captain: Artificer armor,Jump pack,Grav-pistol,Valour's Edge,Digital weapons

OR! he can be ran as a "Counts-As" Dante for my chapter master.

I'm also trying to find my niche for smaller games and which formation to take. I have it narrowed down to a few different options, I really like the idea of a FTSF as well as a BSF + CAD. And then again the ABSF and LBSF are both still a viable option as I really like the Demi-Company/DCSF. The great thing about having so many options is you can tailor your list to fit your flavor of the week! 

Cheers!
DBH
Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

I like the idea of you using that model as a DC chap, but I think I've seen some pretty good Dantes made using him. I'm not sure if his armor is articify enough for Dante on second thought... But I've def seen people make it work.

My vote is DC chap or if you really want/need Dante, make him Dante.

Edited by Brother Lemartes

It's a neat model. I might buy one to convert. He's a good Dante because his stance seems both ready for action and also controlled/measured, which I think is appropriate for Dante. If you aren't going Dante I would go for the two for one DCC/fallen captain.

I have thought about switching out the executioner's jump pack for a Sanguinary guard one, but I really like how this one feels. And his controlled aggression is perfect for the death company chaplain. So far I'm really happy with this Cassius conversion.

Picked up this monster two days ago. A bit disappointed that it has so much hidden TLC needs. Lots of flash and sprue holes from not being removed properly.

The :cusse paint job that I thought was going to be easy, has revealed itself to have fingerprints, caked on areas, and What looks to be getting to close to certain areas of priming and too far away on others (or it's just a bad primer)!

I have the crane claw, it just broke off while inspecting, I'm going to strip the model and fill in the sprue holes and gaps before bonding the claw back to the model itself.

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z460/Dont-be-Haten/50632304-5497-48C1-B62F-F991251C2FEE_zpsgvfxysih.jpg

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z460/Dont-be-Haten/73074B38-3DD2-4BC9-BC3D-94CE49FBFC05_zpskbfetvfq.jpg

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z460/Dont-be-Haten/508246DA-5BA0-4C52-A1AE-6FE433A242B9_zpskhmrzzh4.jpg

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z460/Dont-be-Haten/1FBC9DD5-8505-4901-9511-27434783387E_zpsof3xjnlh.jpg

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z460/Dont-be-Haten/0A4F9F91-D51C-4222-A384-2C708341D80A_zpsvllqsu4f.jpg

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z460/Dont-be-Haten/67CC1DFA-82A9-4FC3-8DBC-6D1B71CA7B2C_zpsvrbacacw.jpg

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z460/Dont-be-Haten/13680BB3-8D38-4F0C-A5BF-15577D8B8573_zpsfg3w906x.jpg

What's the 3ft rule?

The 3ft or 1 meter rule is a practice I advocate for when you are worried about follies in your own painting skills. What may seem like a blemish upclose is unrecognizable from three feet or one meter away. When you look at certain models from far away they don't look as bad as they actually are.

• 3 weeks later...
I've fixed the bit at the end. The pin doesn't show through now. Painted back over the fingers where the paint had chipped. It was so frustrating that it broke. I put a lot of time in this model. And the whole point in having him is for a campaign! I hope he stays protected by the Emperor.

• 2 weeks later...

No pictures of the Vindi yet, nor the finished kit bashed Death Company Chaplain. But with musing I'm working on a captain model. For the longest I wanted to go with a melta pistol, now I'm at odds. This captain will be part of my demi-company. And while I've been told to magnetize I don't want to do that, it just lengthens my already long process, which equals burning myself out faster.

So in short, I don't want just a bolt pistol on him. As I'm finishing him up now the only thing left is to finish his left arm. He will either be transported by a rhino, razorback, or drop pod (Land Raider redeemer has also not been ruled out) since he's a footy captain. I haven't bonded his arm yet so I'm still torn. I like the Storm Bolter But an inferno pistol (or other) wouldn't be a problem I'd simply need to work around other points. 

Here is my current plan for my Demi-Company of Carmine Blades: (Note the OIF is subject to change but I really want to keep it in this vicinity.

Angels Blade Strike Force: 2,000
Captain: 150
Artificer Armor
Storm Bolter
Relic Blade
Teleport Homer

Command Squad: 190

Plasma x3
Drop Pod
Locator Beacon

Tactical Squad: 230
10 Marines
Power Sword
Hand Flamer
Melta Gun
Heavy Flamer
Rhino

Tactical Squad: 175
Combi-Melta
Heavy Flamer
Las/Plas Back

Tactical Squad: 160
2 CCW
Flamer
Las/Plas Back

Typhoon Speeder: 75

Dreadnought: 165
Assault Cannon

Storm Bolter
Drop Pod
Locator Beacon

Devastator Squad: 145
Grav-Cannon x2
Drop Pod
Locator Beacon

Leaders of the Angelic Host: 65
Sanguinary Priest: 65
Auspex

Orbital Intervention Force: 645
Tactical TDA: 215
Heavy Flamer
Chain Fist

Assault TDA: 215
3x T/H S/S

Assault TDA: 215

3x T/H S/S

Rapid Assault Force: 75

Typhoon Speeder: 75

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

• 4 weeks later...

Updates:

Almost the entire paint job has come off the Vindicator. I don't know what Primer was used but its otherwise still black; Do you guys usually keep the crane on the back end of the Vindicator? I don't like the way it looks and I really want to remove it. Next step is muling over it with liquid green stuff.

The Tech Marine I purchased is on its final layer of red paint (it went green/red/black/red) Some areas are so caked on I don't think it will ever come off. So I've got him soaking for another 2-3 days to see if it'll loosen up at all.

3 Imperial Knights to house Cadmus are on hold until I have more time (and more glue) to finish up assembly before priming.

I've been thinking about a couple different Kit bashes I want to do for the next event. I'd really like to make a stand alone "counts as" Tycho Model that would use either the same rules or the "counts-as Tycho" gear to represent him.

I picked up a Janus model a few months back and haven't attempted to modify him into a counts-as Mephiston. He's actually quite perfect for it; but with a bald head it leaves something to be desired if I'm to have him represent Mephiston. I'm just unsure of myself on cutting and green stuffing using the model as its still a $7-10 investment. Thoughts on this and any feedback on anyone else using him? And should I paint him in red tones or blue with red?

Jareth (DCC I'm kit bashing) Has more paint on him. Hopefully will have him done by the end of January

Astorath just needs some finishing touches on his new axe.

Elisha (Captain I'm kit bashing) needs a secondary arm painted, and needs to be based and He'll be as right as rain.

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

Update:

Bit of a problem. Priming the Land Raider, I chose Army Painter's Fire Dragon red to prime thinking it looked like Mephiston Red. It is a smudge brighter. I don't know if I should hit it with a layer of Mephiston Red in the Can or paint over it with a brush. Thoughts?